ChargePoint ChargePass

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

So has anyone gotten a ChargePass from ChargePoint yet? I signed up for one last night and it was $10 for the card and $25 for the credit ($35 total). Website says I will get it within a week. It was brought to my attention that South Coast Plaze and Fashion Island have ChargePoint stations online so this is perfect for us and our location south of these malls. I figure a 1-2 hour shopping trip will find our LEAF fully charged again by the time were done. Has anyone on here used these cards yet?

I have one that I have used in the Phoenix area a couple times. I opted for just the $10 card as the only station in Phoenix is free at this time (and is to remain free).

No Leaf, but I do have the card. I opted for just the $10 card with no credit for the moment... I took about two weeks for it to show up.

TRONZ said:
So has anyone gotten a ChargePass from ChargePoint yet? I signed up for one last night and it was $10 for the card and $25 for the credit ($35 total). Website says I will get it within a week. It was brought to my attention that South Coast Plaze and Fashion Island have ChargePoint stations online so this is perfect for us and our location south of these malls. I figure a 1-2 hour shopping trip will find our LEAF fully charged again by the time were done. Has anyone on here used these cards yet?

Very good. Sounds like I will NOT be tapping into that $25 credit anytime soon. At least it will be ready when they start costing money some day. My wife loves Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza so these are exactly what she's looking for. So if you don't have the card yet it sounds like the units have a phone# you can call to get them "unlocked", correct?

TRONZ said:
Very good. Sounds like I will NOT be tapping into that $25 credit anytime soon. At least it will be ready when they start costing money some day. My wife loves Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza so these are exactly what she's looking for. So if you don't have the card yet it sounds like the units have a phone# you can call to get them "unlocked", correct?

I have the card, too. Did not put any cash on it yet in the hopes that the EVSEs stay free for awhile. And yes, you are correct regarding the phone number.

Yes, I have mine although have not had the chance to use it yet. Hoping a lot more come on line soon in the Bay Area.

Have it. Took exactly 6 days to arrive.
Did not need it at the last ChargePoint I used since I had the iPhone App. The app uses your ChargePoint login for ID. I assume it checks if you have a card, unlocks the J1772; works great.

sparky said:
Have it. Took exactly 6 days to arrive.
Did not need it at the last ChargePoint I used since I had the iPhone App. The app uses your ChargePoint login for ID. I assume it checks if you have a card, unlocks the J1772; works great.

Niiiiiccccceeeee! :cool: I just love Apps.

I have the card and used it at both of the locations. 2 chargers at each. The nice thing is to be able to see whether the charger is occupied with the application. My only concern is having to drive such a distance to get there, 4 chargers seems too few to serve us all. :). The application is nice because you can monitor the charge using it - and it is a faster interface than the leaf iPhone app.

OK got the App and it looks very nice. Station status, power info etc. So I noticed that it says I need to be within 1 mile of a station to "Start a charge session". It wont let me into the "Start" button so I guess its a GPS/proximity thing. Has anyone used the stations shown on the Santa Monica Pier (cant see exactly where they are) or the ones in the Santa Monica parking structure across from the mall? My kids just love playing on the beach acrobatic equipment on the south side of the SM Pier. Think we will be brave (63 miles at freeway speeds w. unknown traffic) and take the LEAF on our next trip up to the WestSide (Monday?). Its fun adding stations to your Nav screen.

TRONZ said:
OK got the App and it looks very nice. Station status, power info etc. So I noticed that it says I need to be within 1 mile of a station to "Start a charge session". It wont let me into the "Start" button so I guess its a GPS/proximity thing. Has anyone used the stations shown on the Santa Monica Pier (cant see exactly where they are) or the ones in the Santa Monica parking structure across from the mall? My kids just love playing on the beach acrobatic equipment on the south side of the SM Pier. Think we will be brave (63 miles at freeway speeds w. unknown traffic) and take the LEAF on our next trip up to the WestSide (Monday?). Its fun adding stations to your Nav screen.
Well, figure on being parked for a good 5+ hours to get enough juice to get you back home and enjoy the beach. If there's a problem with the ChargePoint, I would go to Santa Monica Nissan and ask about charging there while you take the bus back down to the pier. BTW, I find I get better range when there's heavy traffic and freeway speeds are 30-50 mph.

Apparently you can get a FREE ChargePass card by going to a ChargePoint, calling the 888 number to "activate", and (it was reported that) they will ask if you would like a FREE card sent to you.

TRONZ said:
Has anyone used the stations shown on the Santa Monica Pier (cant see exactly where they are) or the ones in the Santa Monica parking structure across from the mall?
Name: SANTA MONICA / SM PIER 001
Address: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401, USA
Description: Station is located in lot on the pier, follow the signs
Status as of : 2011-02-15 20:10:06 (PST)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available

Name: SANTA MONICA / G7 #1
Address: 395 Broadway, Santa Monica CA 90401
Description: Charger is located in SW corner of Level 1 of parking garage
Status as of : 2011-02-15 20:10:11 (PST)
Port 2: 240V, 30A, J1772:Available

Pier charger is only level 1. Click on the pin for info above. http://www.evchargermaps.com has better location info.

Now charging L2 at Fashion Island. I tried the App to see if I could start the charging session but no dice. Probably need to play with it some more. Anyways, called them at the number provided and they activated the station in about 30 seconds. This will be very convenient when my ChargePass Card comes. Should check ChargePoint on the web to see if the station shows up as blue for being "in use". I like how the car is now auto adding the stations.

Went to look, but the ChargePoint map does not seem to work on the Wii Opera Browser.
Does it work on your cell-phone's browser?

Or, do you have a special ChargePoint map app?

What model of phone?

TRONZ said:
Now charging L2 at Fashion Island. I tried the App to see if I could start the charging session but no dice. Probably need to play with it some more. Anyways, called them at the number provided and they activated the station in about 30 seconds. This will be very convenient when my ChargePass Card comes. Should check ChargePoint on the web to see if the station shows up as blue for being "in use". I like how the car is now auto adding the stations.

Site seems to update ~every 10 minutes;

Name: FASHION ISLAND / TOP LVL PS1 02
Address: 1101 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA
Status as of : 2011-02-16 09:40:19 (PST)

Status as of : 2011-02-16 09:50:21 (PST)

Status as of : 2011-02-16 10:01:28 (PST)

Back