Chademo Score Card: Eastern TN: 6 - So Cal: 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRONZ said:
^ Well Toyota is in fact a member of the CHAdeMO Association... but I have no idea what the Ford dealer was thinking.

Bell Ford's owner in AZ is a very 'green' person. Before the stations, he put PV on top of all his roofs...hundreds of panels. Mr. Berge has not only put in a DCQC, but two L2s as well even though Ford has no car to use the QC. He should receive an award!

Does that make sense? Nissan is headquartered in TN . . . . I guess that explains everything. Still - the only Chademo in So Cal is brought to you by Mitsubishi - Nissan's competition ... and they graciously let Nissan peep's us use it. Wow. Shame on Nissan. Yea, I know . . . electric utility demand fees ... etc etc. Still, it seems strange how the infrastructure is getting laid out.

Actually, to my knowledge, in central/east Tennessee, all but the one Eaton QC Chademo unit here in Chattanooga are Blink (Ecotality) QC units. They were installed as part of "The EV Project", so Nissan directly had nothing to do with their placement or installation. You can do some additional research at http://www.theevproject.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Blink EVSE in my home garage is provided as part of "The EV Project" --no cost for the EVSE or the installation, electrical inspection, and subsequent maintenance and software update, BUT it reports to the government every time I charge, when I charge, and for how long via my home wi-fi system.

Steve Schmidt
Chattanooga TN

drees said:
palmermd said:
You can just remove the So in So-Cal because there is only 1 in all of CA (the other is sitting idle). If the rest of TN has any more, it only adds to the disparity. How many Leafs are registered in TN and how many in CA?
Don't forget that the only public accessible CHAdeMO charger is broken right now (has it been fixed yet?), only open during business hours of the Mitsubishi Office and requires someone from the office to physically unlock it for use when it is in operating order.

So really CA has zero CHAdeMO chargers right now.

FYI, ALL CHAdeMO chargers (L3) in Tennessee are either broken, out of service, or otherwise hosed.

Dave

Well here's the info I got from Blink when I asked why the Cracker Barrel L3s were no longer visible:
James,

I apologize that the Blink DC Fast Chargers in Tennessee have been removed from the map at this time. We have had ECOtality technicians working on hardware and software infrastructure upgrades in the stated for the past few weeks to get all of our units ready for to implement the fee structure to charge customers for using the EVSEs. I checked the system and I do not see any open trouble tickets for this unit and see that it is currently communicating with us, although the units will not be brought back online on the network until all of the upgrades are completed and our technicians verify that they are all ready for use.

Best Regards,

Heather Kwasnik
Blink Network Contact Center
Nothing like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Would it kill them to leave them hooked long enough for someone to actually use them while they are figuring out how to make us pay for it? :roll:

CWO4Mann said:
drees said:
palmermd said:
You can just remove the So in So-Cal because there is only 1 in all of CA (the other is sitting idle). If the rest of TN has any more, it only adds to the disparity. How many Leafs are registered in TN and how many in CA?
Don't forget that the only public accessible CHAdeMO charger is broken right now (has it been fixed yet?), only open during business hours of the Mitsubishi Office and requires someone from the office to physically unlock it for use when it is in operating order.

FYI, ALL CHAdeMO chargers (L3) in Tennessee are either broken, out of service, or otherwise hosed.

Dave

All three of ours are now working well for the first time thanks to a software update that was recently done. The Toyota one (left side) just needs a new connector, but the right one works great. After they do the update for yours, I'm sure they will be much more reliable.

LEAFfan said:
All three of ours are now working well for the first time thanks to a software update that was recently done. The Toyota one (left side) just needs a new connector, but the right one works great. After they do the update for yours, I'm sure they will be much more reliable.

Glad to hear that!!

The same situation existed with the blink L2 chargers. Once decent software was implemented the reliability went up. I can't remember the last time an L2 charger let me down.

CWO4Mann said:
drees said:
palmermd said:

Dave
Is it hardware ?? Software ?? Vandalism ?? corporate policy to drop 'em all if one/some go down/need upgrades ??

Dave[/quote]Is it hardware ?? Software ?? Vandalism ?? corporate policy to drop 'em all if one/some go down/need upgrades ??[/quote]

I've gotten conflicting answers as to either firmware (software embedded in system) or hardware, various kludged parts that make the charger work. Personally, I think the design and manufacture was a hurry-up job with too many cooks stirring the soup and micromanagers hanging over every head every moment. I've looked inside of the L3 charger and it looks like the inside of a Chinese Firecracker Factory -- it was worst than the L2 from Blink. As far as cor[orate policy is concerned, I would think it would be a good idea -- once a system wide problem was identified -- to shut down all of the units in an area until repairs can be made. Assuming they have enough competent people who can repair the equipment.

The map has changed for the better this week, at least in the East:
blink2.jpg
I hope this means all the L3s are back up and running (reliably).

nogajim said:

so this map shows Blink only then? because Portland does have more than 2 Chademo's

DaveinOlyWA said:
nogajim said:

so this map shows Blink only then? because Portland does have more than 2 Chademo's
Yes. This is from blinknetwork.com and only shows their Chademos.

nogajim said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
nogajim said:

Yes. This is from blinknetwork.com and only shows their Chademos.

**sigh** WA seems to be one of the last of the launch states to get one....

Finally, the Cracker Barrel L3s are back on the Blink Map. It seems like it took forever, but really it was less than 3 months!

I heard we just got an Ecotality unit in downtown L.A. today and it's running at 50kW and for at least the next few months is free...

TonyWilliams said:
GregH said:
I heard we just got an Ecotality unit in downtown L.A. today and it's running at 50kW and for at least the next few months is free...

It was installed before June 13, 2012 (I was there then).
I'm going to make a deliberate run by there . . . but not until the temps get back into the 70's.
;)

TN DC install by Blink/EVProject is finished. We have 12 locations and EVProject have indicated on a recent report that no further expansion of DC chargers of the EVProject will take place in TN :-(

It's down to commercial expansion now.

JPWhite said:
TN DC install by Blink/EVProject is finished. We have 12 locations and EVProject have indicated on a recent report that no further expansion of DC chargers of the EVProject will take place in TN :-(

It's down to commercial expansion now.

do you have a copy of that report and do you know the projected # of DCFCs that were planned back in 2009?

Back