Chademo Score Card: Eastern TN: 6 - So Cal: 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

bfkob9.jpg

Let's see, So Cal has 22 million peep's . . . Eastern TN has less than 2 million peep's. East Tennessee has Chademo's available for Leafs ... six times as many quick chargers for leafs as So Cal's measly one quick charger. Take the auto buying population of the 2 areas into account, and then that's about a 60 to 1 ratio imbalance.
:cry:
Does that make sense? Nissan is headquartered in TN . . . . I guess that explains everything. Still - the only Chademo in So Cal is brought to you by Mitsubishi - Nissan's competition ... and they graciously let Nissan peep's us use it. Wow. Shame on Nissan. Yea, I know . . . electric utility demand fees ... etc etc. Still, it seems strange how the infrastructure is getting laid out.

Hate to bust your thread title but most of those are in Central TN. Eastern TN as I know it isn't even on the map you are using. You might argue that the one near Chattanooga at the bottom right is in East TN but if so it's just barely over the line between east and central.

OK, just found official splits and we have

easttn.jpg

and

middletn.jpg

So the Chattanooga one is definitely east, and the other 5 are central.

dhanson865 said:
Hate to bust your thread title but most of those are in Central TN. Eastern TN as I know it isn't even on the map you are using. You might argue that the one near Chattanooga at the bottom right is in East TN but if so it's just barely over the line between east and central.

Petty details. Doesn't change the fact that TN has way more than CA.

br14n22 said:

You can just remove the So in So-Cal because there is only 1 in all of CA (the other is sitting idle). If the rest of TN has any more, it only adds to the disparity. How many Leafs are registered in TN and how many in CA?

palmermd said:
You can just remove the So in So-Cal because there is only 1 in all of CA (the other is sitting idle). If the rest of TN has any more, it only adds to the disparity. How many Leafs are registered in TN and how many in CA?
Don't forget that the only public accessible CHAdeMO charger is broken right now (has it been fixed yet?), only open during business hours of the Mitsubishi Office and requires someone from the office to physically unlock it for use when it is in operating order.

So really CA has zero CHAdeMO chargers right now.

smkettner said:
CA is pushing for hydrogen fueling and high speed trains :lol: :roll:

Nope, high speed trains are all but dead =/

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technocracy/2011/12/high_speed_rail_is_dead_in_america_should_we_mourn_it_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dhanson865 said:
............snip
I was simply dividing east from west. but - Thank you Mr geography :D
somehow it doesn't make the huge disparity between population to Chademos ratio bode any easier.
TRONZ said:
Big time
... still, it's way cool for TN peeps.

br14n22 said:
dhanson865 said:

I'm pretty sure TN has more Cracker Barrels than CA. That accounts for 4 of the 6 L3 chargers. 1 is Nissan NA HQ and the other is a Murphy Oil gas station.

Moral of the story: CA should get more Cracker Barrells :D

TNleaf said:
I'm pretty sure TN has more Cracker Barrels than CA. That accounts for 4 of the 6 L3 chargers. . . . . . . snip Moral of the story: CA should get more Cracker Barrells :D
My better half LOVES their gift shops (we go to the OpryLand location while visiting our daughter) . . . . but the food (imo) is so very mediocre. Their cutomer base of very large people don't seem to mind. :D Still, I'd be more than happy to choke down comfort food, for a Chademo

hill said:
TNleaf said:
I'm pretty sure TN has more Cracker Barrels than CA. That accounts for 4 of the 6 L3 chargers. . . . . . . snip Moral of the story: CA should get more Cracker Barrells :D
My better half LOVES their gift shops (we go to the OpryLand location while visiting our daughter) . . . . but the food (imo) is so very mediocre. Their cutomer base of very large people don't seem to mind. :D Still, I'd be more than happy to choke down comfort food, for a Chademo

Some points to ponder: Tennessee most likely has more concealed carry permits and legal handguns than any other state; Cracker Barrel has the best fried liver and onions, except for the 101st Airborne Division's HQ dining facilty (Mess Hall to us old timers); and lastly we have the TVA which practically gives electricity away. Lots of other reasons to be jingoistic about Tennessee, but I'll leave it there ... Just sayin' .... :cool:

br14n22 said:
smkettner said:
CA is pushing for hydrogen fueling and high speed trains :lol: :roll:

Nope, high speed trains are all but dead =/

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technocracy/2011/12/high_speed_rail_is_dead_in_america_should_we_mourn_it_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes and that CA 10 billion train bond issued could have probably installed QC every 25 miles on I5 and solar panels to power them all day long.

TNleaf said:
I'm pretty sure TN has more Cracker Barrels than CA. That accounts for 4 of the 6 L3 chargers. 1 is Nissan NA HQ and the other is a Murphy Oil gas station.

Moral of the story: CA should get more Cracker Barrells :D
Hey, the Cracker Barrel thing makes some sense. Here in Philly, there are Cracker Barrels right next to major Turnpike exits (at US 1 and at Mid-County interchange). And the parking lots are always FULL, so they must be doing pretty good business. I'm sure they've got the money to do it... Now what we need is an influx of LEAFs to convince them it's worth it. Since the LEAF is now available in PA and all the surrounding states, that could happen. I will consider it my DUTY to visit them shortly after I get my LEAF and stuff an L3 request into thier "comments" box. A duty that will be a pleasure... Mmmmm. Roast beef and fried okra.

Cracker barrel might already have rather beefy electrical service to support their kitchen equipment,

I would be happy to have an L3 at every Cracker Barrel in GA. We also have zero. I always thought TX had more handgun permits? Everyone knows, every in TX carries a gun. I would love to see a L3 every 50 miles along I-75 from TN to FL.

Back