Carwings US Leaf in Canada

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

Good news for Leafs imported from US to Canada. A year ago I imported my Leaf from US to Canada, the car is great but only issue was the Carwings does not work in Canada. Customer service told me that US use AT&t and different system and here in BC Canada we have Rogers. I had always error message " NO Signal, unable to connect". Last week my Cawings all of a sudden woke up from the dead,and system start to upgrade itself. I called Nissan Canada and they set up account for me as US account because VIN number. Now every thing works great and I can remotely warm up the car etc. I'm not sure if this is works only in our province or across Canada. I remember other members had the same issue. I wander what Carwings/Nissan have done that every thing works without any modifications or replacing SIM card in the TCU unit.

I can not totally confirm. But i tried to start charging my car from different apps (leaf control web, open wings, leaf manager,....) Not sure which one worked but i received an email that my leaf was charging. I looked through the window and it was charging. I will check tomorrow and see to confirm. This would be nice if it was true.
My leaf is registered in the nissan usa site and is mostly in quebec, sometimes in the usa (pulled behind the rv)

Edit:
It was. http://www.leafic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that worked for me. Confirmed.

I confirm that the carwing works for my american leaf in Canada. I was already registered by calling nissan usa to get the registration transfer made from the previous owner to me. I gave a usa address.
This is cool. I now can start the heater from my workplace

Also. I downloaded the nissan app from a tablet while the phone was Off. On starting the phone, the app was installed. When the phone was on, i had received a message that i was in the wrong country

Back