Carwings data missing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lc96

I've had my car since August, and just now went to view Leaf status on the owner's portal. It tells me I'm gold, etc. number of trees, but I notice no data shows after Oct 14th. What do I do to reinstate data or whatever?

Check if you have a TCU connection. Use the Nav "update charging stations" to see if the TCU connects.

If there is no connection then resetting the TCU by removal of the TCU fuse may restore your data connection.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had to do this twice since May, once in September and Wednesday this week.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition to the other benefits of the NTB11-041 CW update I posted at the thread above, my LEAF went from having numerous CW reporting gaps, to not having had CW miss reporting any info, in the almost 5 months since.

You might want to give it a try, if you haven't already.

You probably need the Telematics Control Unit reset permanent software fix. I had it done July 21st.
See these other two topics on the subject:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5103#p118939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4790#p112381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure you'll recover much of the missing data though.
Carwings had been failing to communicate for about 2 1/2 weeks when I discovered it and had the software upgrade done. Recovered most of the missing data, but lost a few days. Not sure how big the data buffer is, but probably not multiple months.
There is a possibility of a system wide problem. I experienced one day where communication with the car would not work. Not sure whether it was a problem with the local ATT cellular network, or a server problem with Carwings.

I have been driving the Leaf for 4 days. I have been able to check vehicle status about 5 times out of the 20 times I have tried. The rest of the times I get the message below. the car has been parked in the same place every time, which is in my driveway where cell reception is fine.

I have taken 7 trips and driven 150 miles, but the Carwings (which the dealer activated) says that there is "no data" when I launch it. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the message I get 4 out of 5 times I try to check charging status:

vehicle status: request failed
Your request to update vehicle status for MyLeaf failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven with the last 14 days.

Roy Wasson

I'm getting that message, too, with my mobile phone and through the website. I think it's time for a call to Nissan.

Finally worked, after about 15 attempts.
Hard to tell whether it is problem with Carwings server or the pathetic ATT cell phone network.
Unlikely it is an intermittent problem with the car itself.

I called Nissan 800 number and they told me I needed a TCU update, ( NTB11-041) and to go to my dealer. It's there now as I happen to be home today.

I've had that problem for a couple of days but assumed it was isolated to me. This evening (before reading this) I pulled and restored the fuse for the TCU and afterwards it seems to work. (Actually, I pulled the two fuses marked "Elec parts". I don't know for sure these cover the TCU. Maybe it just started working and the fuses did nothing.)

My Carwings data has been updating, but it is two days behind the current day. :( I used the live chat feature on the Leaf site to ask why it took 2 days to update data that is computerized, and the person on the other end said that he did not know. :?: He said "that is up to the people who set up the entire Carwings thing." I asked how to contact "the people who set up the entire Carwings thing," :? and he said he did not know, but would try to find out and send me an email later.

I do a lot of short-trip shopping driving in our Leaf. Sometimes I forget to authorize transmission. This is especially true if I start driving in reverse (the camera takes over the screen) before I hit the authorization button and then get focused on where I'm going once I'm out of reverse.

Has anyone experimented to determine if data is normally stored in the car and sent as a collection of trips the next time a send is authorized?

When I access Carwings from my computer, I cannot access the World Rankings. I can see my "Regional" ranking, but when I click on the World Rankings, it just chugs and never opens the link (or whatever the computer term for it may be).

I can get my World Rankings through the in-dash Carwings, where the nice lady tells me that I am 177th (or thereabouts) :cool: in energy efficiency. (It still puzzles me when I learn I am 565th in regional efficiency, but 200th or better in the world.)

What am I doing wrong on the computer? :? Here is the site I am visiting:

https://zeroemission.nissan-carwings.com/aqPortal/content/country/default/jsp/ranking/dom.iface" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

N1ghtrider said:
When I access Carwings from my computer, I cannot access the World Rankings. I can see my "Regional" ranking, but when I click on the World Rankings, it just chugs and never opens the link (or whatever the computer term for it may be).

I can get my World Rankings through the in-dash Carwings, where the nice lady tells me that I am 177th (or thereabouts) :cool: in energy efficiency. (It still puzzles me when I learn I am 565th in regional efficiency, but 200th or better in the world.)

What am I doing wrong on the computer? :? Here is the site I am visiting:

https://zeroemission.nissan-carwings.com/aqPortal/content/country/default/jsp/ranking/dom.iface" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only Carwing I used is to turn on climate control remotely, everything else are the jokes :(

Lookout Leaf

Back