Calls from Dealer to trade-in early

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I have 11 months remaining on my 36 month lease. I have gotten a few calls from Nissan dealer asking me if I would consider turning the car in early for a new vehicle. They don’t seem to realize I have 11 months remaining. I ask them if they would eat, and not wrap in remaining payments, the answer is the same. Maybe they would eat a few months, not all of them.

I would like a longer range EV and would consider the Plus models but during the pandemic, where am I going? I charge my car less now than before the pandemic.

Anyone else getting these call??

You know why they're calling don't you?
They have or are getting way more cars than they can sell or lease with out making it hurt.
Best time to buy a car is in December, on a Monday.
I looked into it when my wife was buying one last year.
So wait a month. If they call again this month just say you might think about it. Then wait till the end of December when they are trying for that last 2020 push and swop in.

The salespeople are trolling for business. If you want to get a leftover Plus, this is the time to look, but with that long left on your lease, unless you have a reliable family member (NOT a stranger) who will take the lease over, you may want to wait for Spring.

We were in a slightly similar situation: I had 6 months left on my lease, with no offers to forgive any of them. My housemate needed a new car and needed to get rid of her ailing Prius PHEV. We were lucky, in that I managed to negotiate a deal in which they took the Prius in trade, counted it as a $5k down payment, and gave her almost $5k back in cash (actually a check a couple of weeks later). She got about $2k more for the Prius than we had needed, and that covers the car essentially sitting around for six months until I turn mine in. So she got the car I wanted, in a great deal that would be hard to duplicate. Still, the fact that they are offering you a few months off your lease now should give you hope. Forget Spring: try again right before Thanksgiving, and consider additional money off the price to be lease payments made. The end of the month is indeed the time to Make A Deal

Think I am going to wait. In my business I see people face to face. Well that is out the window for now.
So why do I need a longer range car now? I don’t. The car runs great and don’t need any extra expenses now. Perhaps as the number of lease payments dwindle, I will reassess the situation.

The two remaining times that Nissan wants really badly to move cars are Black Friday week, and Christmas week. Keep in mind that as the economy recovers and people start to venture out WITH MASKS, the deals will become less compelling.

I have really enjoyed having a plus to visit state parks here in Illinois. As many of the more famous ones (Starved Rock) are 100 miles or more from the north side of Chicago, being able to do the round trip on a single charge has made the trips so much nicer. Leaf's are on great sales everywhere, which may also mean they can get you into a new Lease for little money and they get the sales.

Back