cabin preheat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunmyer

I must be missing something:

If the Leaf is charging via L2, I can turn the system "On" by hitting the Start button twice, then hitting the "Auto" button on the CC panel. However, it seems that if the charge is complete, this procedure only turns on the fan.

In fact, I was unable to get the heat turned on, period. I tried holding down the brake pedal while hitting the Start button, and still no heat. Also, the 12volt battery warning light was on during that condition. Again, still plugged into L2 EVSE, but charge is complete.

Supposedly, I can turn on the heat under the above conditions, fully charged but still plugged in, by using CarWings, but that won't work for me because the Leaf is in a metal building. No cellular service, at least with the service that C.W. uses.

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

You can set the preheat timer, otherwise no heat will be produced. Leafs can be kinda dumb. There may be another workaround.

jdunmyer said:
I must be missing something:

If the Leaf is charging via L2, I can turn the system "On" by hitting the Start button twice, then hitting the "Auto" button on the CC panel. However, it seems that if the charge is complete, this procedure only turns on the fan.

In my 2012 to start climate control from within the car while charging, the car has to be in drive mode (start button with brake pedal). It will then happily heat or cool the cabin while warning you that you can't drive anywhere because you're plugged in. :roll:

I can start the climate control at any time via CarWings, and it will run for 15 minutes on battery power or up to 2 hours if plugged in. But, only to it's setting of 77F.

Back