Buyout my 2015 LEAF or return it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent an hour and half at a local dealership yesterday and had a terrible experience. The sales folks act as if they know nothing of the buyout incentives and keep selling me a new Nissan, any Nissan, because they don't have any new LEAFs in stock. I walked away disappointed.

At this rate, I think I'll just turn in my keys at the end of the lease.

Anyone know what the final disposal fee is? I was told $395 by one dealership and $595 by another. Already know I'm going to be charged about $500 for wear and tear, based on the inspection by the independent agency sent by Nissan.

jhumroo said:
Anyone know what the final disposal fee is? I was told $395 by one dealership and $595 by another.
I mentioned the disposition fee was $395 at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=473244#p473244. Your amount (if it's changed) should be in your lease contract.

cwerdna said:
I mentioned the disposition fee was $395 at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=473244#p473244. Your amount (if it's changed) should be in your lease contract.
Exactly, the disposition fee is in your contract and that is your obligation, not some different number (unless the dealer chooses to wave the fee).

If you actually want to consider buying your car at end of lease and you and getting no help, or nonsense, from one dealer - talk to another. Any dealer can do the end of lease process or can negotiate a purchase.

I am not sure where you are located but those numbers seem high to me for the market in Colorado. If I were you, I would go for a new 2017 based off those numbers if you can get the full FTC. I think you could probably get better numbers on a new one then what you are seeing. I got my 2017 SV for less at back in March anyways. If I remove my States tax credit, my purchase price for a 2017 SV was $23,300 before the $7500 tax credit or TTL and fees. Pull the $7,500 from that and you are at $15,800 plus TTL and fees for a new car with better range and resale then the 15. Or... do a short term extension of the lease and wait for the second get Leaf or Model 3.

4CloverLeaf said:
I am not sure where you are located but those numbers seem high to me for the market in Colorado. If I were you, I would go for a new 2017 based off those numbers if you can get the full FTC. I think you could probably get better numbers on a new one then what you are seeing. I got my 2017 SV for less at back in March anyways. If I remove my States tax credit, my purchase price for a 2017 SV was $23,300 before the $7500 tax credit or TTL and fees. Pull the $7,500 from that and you are at $15,800 plus TTL and fees for a new car with better range and resale then the 15. Or... do a short term extension of the lease and wait for the second get Leaf or Model 3.

After all the frustration with local Nissan dealers, I decided to do a lease extension until the 2018 is premiered in September. Called Nissan and they said I could get an extension till April, which would give me enough time to evaluate the 2018 Leaf later this year and decide at that point whether to sign-up for one or look for an alternative.

As an aside, we test drove some gas vehicles in the same size range, including the Versa Note and Sedan, and none of them come close to the Leaf in terms of responsiveness.

I turned in my leased Leaf over the weekend with 66 miles over my 12K/year, and was not charged for anything... no fee, no wear and tear, no nothing. The guy told me there was $500 leeway towards miles, repairs, etc, and that I was well within the tolerance or whatever, so I just handed in the keys, signed some form, got a receipt, and walked away.

I went down the street and leased a Chevy Bolt. It's great having the range and the acceleration, and it's $40/mo cheaper than the Leaf payment was, so there's that.

ElectricMonkey said:
I went down the street and leased a Chevy Bolt. It's great having the range and the acceleration, and it's $40/mo cheaper than the Leaf payment was, so there's that.

How'd you manage that?! From what I've see, the bolt is at least $50/month more! What were your terms if you don't mind my asking?

ElectricMonkey said:
I turned in my leased Leaf over the weekend with 66 miles over my 12K/year, and was not charged for anything... no fee, no wear and tear, no nothing. The guy told me there was $500 leeway towards miles, repairs, etc, and that I was well within the tolerance or whatever, so I just handed in the keys, signed some form, got a receipt, and walked away.

You must have a very lenient dealer. I have been quoted close to $500 for wear and tear for door dings/scratches in addition to the $395 disposal fee. The waiver only applies if I buy/lease another Nissan.

The one dealership in Dallas that has the Bolt in stock quoted nearly $41K out the door. The lease terms were not all that good either compared to the Leaf.

What kind of deal are you getting if I may ask and where are you located?

Thanks

Back