Bracket racing a Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2011 Leaf has aluminum doors and hood. I am not aware of what the american assembled Leafs have. I guess I need to take a magnet to the dealership, unless some owner can check their american made Leaf.

Here is the latest rendition of the car mock-up. We will be picking up a 2012 silver leaf tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, we can start a post of the progress and racing updates.
We did secure currentattraction.com so a web page will be forthcoming.

Current%20Attraction%20Silver%202102%20a.bmp

Step 1, Get windows tinted to keep the SC sun out
Step 2, Add cool graphics.
Step 3, Take out all unnecessary stuff (Manuals, Trickle charger, etc)
Step 4, Get gas charger to work on the car.... Thanks to this forum and the jumper trick, it works!
Step 5, Get properly sized extension cords from the Electric racing motorcycle trailer.
Step 6, Review the check sheet for Sundays Test and Tune.

Step 7, Go have fun!!!!

We will be getting base line runs before we do ant tweaking of the car.

Attachments

• Current Attraction decals a.jpg
    Current Attraction decals a.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 35
Step 4, Get gas charger to work on the car.... Thanks to this forum and the jumper trick, it works!

I strongly suggest you run any ICE-based Quick Charger on either propane or bio-fuel. Not for technical reasons but for reasons of public perception.

LeftieBiker said:
I strongly suggest you run any ICE-based Quick Charger on either propane or bio-fuel. Not for technical reasons but for reasons of public perception.
Cleaner air sure seems like a good enough technical reason to me! Portable gas generators tend to stick like crazy!

LeftieBiker said:

Great idea!

If we had the room we would have solar panels, (we do at the house and do a full charge from that prior to the event) but we needed a
small efficient charger for the in between rounds. Since ICE race tracks are not set up for charging EVs we had to make due.

We do have a small, quiet, Ryoby generator. And it is green... :)

Back