Black box in the trunk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alien-abduction.jpg

:lol:

Seahorse said:
What a great group you are! Many thanks for the clever and original responses! My black box is more unusual than I thought. So I opened it up...

and inside the black box was a white box...

As a programmer, that cracked me up. Nissan clearly cannot make up their mind if they prefer black box or white box. :mrgreen:

SierraQ said:
Seahorse said:
What a great group you are! Many thanks for the clever and original responses! My black box is more unusual than I thought. So I opened it up...

and inside the black box was a white box...

As a programmer, that cracked me up. Nissan clearly cannot make up their mind if they prefer black box or white box. :mrgreen:

Errrmmm .. how do we know that the Seahorse who replied with the clever answer about opening the box to find another box is actually THE Seahorse? And just saying, if the white box which was inside the black box opens to reveal yet another box (YAB), should we continue this thread or grab our bug-out bags and head for the hills?

I like this conspiracy theory. Seems the most practical.

TEG said:
At this point my guess would be that he might have gotten some sort of payment and in exchange returned the box and was asked to not talk about the 'mistake'.

Just a guess though.

CWO4Mann said:
Errrmmm .. how do we know that the Seahorse who replied with the clever answer about opening the box to find another box is actually THE Seahorse? And just saying, if the white box which was inside the black box opens to reveal yet another box (YAB), should we continue this thread or grab our bug-out bags and head for the hills?

:lol: :? :eek:

Alien abduction notwithstanding, I think we're getting one of these boxes. At least, I don't have it yet, but the picture Advanced Energy showed us looks just like the one he took.
(our deal: http://gotriangle.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/advanced-energy-offers-5000-for-drivers-to-turn-a-new-leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Info we've been given below, but it's significantly more boring than flux capacitors!

2. How the EV System Works. The EV System automatically collects the data described in this Consent through additional hardware and software installed in your Nissan LEAF™. The EV System partitions, encrypts and transmits vehicle and sensor data via wireless and landline communications networks to servers at Nissan’s Research and Development center. Data generated by participating vehicles is then analyzed to characterize, among other things, in-use vehicle operation and performance. The EV System may be more specifically described on the Nissan website and in a supplement to the owner's manual for your Nissan LEAF™. All additional hardware related to the EV System shall be removed from your Nissan LEAF™ at no cost to you as part of your 1-Year warranty inspection on the second year of inspection.

3. Information Collected. Nissan will collect information about you and the Nissan LEAF™ in several different ways: (i) from your use of the Nissan LEAF™; (ii) from Nissan’s wireless carrier; and (iii) from the Nissan LEAF™ itself. The information Nissan may obtain from the Nissan LEAF™ includes, without limitation, information about the Nissan LEAF's™ operation and its operating environment, including without limitation, Vehicle Identification Number, GPS and navigation information, vehicle driving and accessory loads, trip characteristics such as speed and distance information, battery management and performance information, battery charging history, electrical system functions, software version information, and other spot data to assist in identifying and analyzing the performance of the Nissan LEAF™.

Back