beyond batteries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a portable focus fusion reactor is more practical for cars than a portable thorium reactor, but obviously EEstore ultracaps are the answer. They can be recharged very quickly and should be everlasting, plus low cost.

Herm said:
I think a portable focus fusion reactor is more practical for cars than a portable thorium reactor, but obviously EEstore ultracaps are the answer. They can be recharged very quickly and should be everlasting, plus low cost.

Methinks the portable fusion reactor will be developed before EEstore demonstrates their technology.

Herm said:
Charge rate is a non-issue: charging time is limited by the power supply, not storage mechanism. Unless you have ready access to the power (hundreds of amps and/or thousands of volts) and the training and licensing necessary to safely handle it, it will still take you several hours to recharge.

Cost might be something to consider, though.
=Smidge=

I love to see all this "new" thinking. I'm not sure which of these projects will the one to replace oil as a fuel. But we shouldn't let them derail the current battery technology like hydrogen power did to CARB in CA that killed EV-1.

Back