Average cost to lease the leaf? (Down Payment + Total Monthly payment accross 2 years ONLY)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
readysetgo said:
Sub $10k used car market no rebates, mostly 2011 and 2012's or high mileage 2013's.
Not so, in Nor Cal, if you look at the right places, at least before tax and license.

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=430825#p430825. That used car dealer did get lucky at auction. I'm sure he could score a '13 S that's not high mileage for under $10K and probably an SV w/no packages for that. And, if the 30 kWh SV and SL '16 Leaf rumor comes true, I wouldn't be surprised if auction prices fall.

Au contraire! Looking on a list by a guy named craig, aka craigslist, there are about 10 leafs right now in the sf bay area that are $10k or below. If you are looking at dealers on autotrader there are a few that have $10k leafs as well, but they get to mark them up with "fees."

I checked craiglist for buying my leaf. I saw a few 9k 2013 leafs, but they did not have the quick charge port. So I would guess any 2013 in the 9k to 10k range might just not have a quick charge. However, I think I could have gotten an SV for 11k... but I did not look further into it :(. :eek: . Anyway, I got ripped off with my leaf, but I was really desperate and one of my parents needed a car really badly. I ****ED UP.

Anyway, looking at the contract with my leaf it says 17.99% APR, but when I went in yesterday to the bank's website to pay the first month of this loan it says 11%. Loan total is 3830.34 and I think I am losing something like 20 bucks per month on this loan. I still have not been able to sell my van, but i was planning on paying off the loan with the money from it. I will likely sell it this month and cut the loses on this loan :(.

In the Atlanta area Nissan had a couple of dealers who were giving extremely good deals on leases. I think Nissan told them to MOVE them just about any way they could. Other local dealers were calling it crazy of those two dealers to do what they were doing, but I'm sure it was all done with Nissan's backing.

I got mine on May 27 from the highest selling/leasing LEAF salesman in the entire US. Nothing down, $289 mo for 24 mos, 12K mile lease. I get a $5000 state tax credit on my income taxes, and the dealer took the $7500 Federal tax credit. Should have acted earlier this year, as I could have had a lease for about $249 a month.

The day I got mine (May 27) the dealer had 181 LEAFs in inventory, and the state tax credit was expiring on July 1. I told him he was going to have a problem moving all those LEAFs in just over 30 days. He said no problem, and indeed, on about July 3 or 4 I checked the web site and they were down to THREE remaining LEAFs!!!

$289.85 times 24 mos is $6,965.40 minus the $5000 state tax credit means my total out of pocket cost is $1,965.40 for the next two years, plus electricity. Currently I'm spending right at THREE CENTS a mile on juice, vs about eight cents per mile for gas, on my Pontiac Vibe.

I'm not having any problems making a 1000 miles per month and not even driving it to work (92 miles roundtrip, too far for the LEAF).

Charles

I should add that in Georgia, we have a Title transfer tax that is currently 7% of the vehicle's value, there is no advalorem tax after that. That Title transfer tax was paid by the dealer and built into the cost of my lease. Makes it very expensive to bring a vehicle into Georgia, or buy one here.

readysetgo said:
Au contraire! Looking on a list by a guy named craig, aka craigslist, there are about 10 leafs right now in the sf bay area that are $10k or below. If you are looking at dealers on autotrader there are a few that have $10k leafs as well, but they get to mark them up with "fees."
I'm not sure I understand your response. If you went to the used car dealer I referred to (not by name) at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=429492#p429492, I'm sure he could score you a '13 Leaf S for under $10K. For $10K, possibly an SV, possibly even SV w/premium, as he got lucky w/mine. My '13 SV w/premium he bought at auction for $8,000 + $325 auction fee. His standard markup is $1K.

I found that dealer via Craisglist.

If you instead try digging around via used car inventory on local (SF Bay Area) Nissan dealer web sites or Carmax (did that recently in response to a Leaf group Facebook conversation), of course the deals are no good.

Back