Auto headlight sensor failed...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

I typed in a very detailed post, but it somehow got thrown away instead of posted, so this will be very short.

It seems like all of a sudden the auto-headlight sensor has failed to "night" mode, leaving the center console display dimmed all the time. I reset the sensitivity to factory default (where it was anyway) to no avail.

Try checking/adjusting the day and night settings for the display and also for the instrument panel. I have had this happen a few times since the software upgrade. It seems to lose its settings and default to dim, but going through all of the menus and resetting the levels fixes it. I never had it happen before I took it in in April for the software update. Also, try the automatic headlight function to see if the lights stay on in bright daylight.

Gerry

tps said:
I typed in a very detailed post, but it somehow got thrown away instead of posted, so this will be very short.

It seems like all of a sudden the auto-headlight sensor has failed to "night" mode, leaving the center console display dimmed all the time. I reset the sensitivity to factory default (where it was anyway) to no avail.
Tap the black brightness button on the display bezel with the headlights on. One of the settings will be auto and the display will be dimmer with the headlights turned back off.

Back