As of December 1st incentives....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayserNissan

(edited in the bonus lease cash, folks should be able to get a 24 month lease payment in the low to mid $200s with $0 down depending on SV or SL and extra packages)

Know I haven't been around much, there hasn't been anything super exciting about LEAF pricing in quite a while to be honest.

Anyway, handed down from my boss this morning for my region/market (Madison, WI):

$8025 Lease cash (hasn't changed) (EXTRA $1050 as of 12/8 for a total of $9,075)
but the big change..... $5500 dealer cash.

I am waiting on an official response, but I am 98% sure that it is only valid for purchases not leases. (Since that $5500 would get you like a $100/mo lease :lol:

So a purchased LEAF from myself for example:
2012 SL w/floor mats + cargo cover.
MSRP: $38,270
Invoice: $36,650
----------
Dealer cash: $5500
Holdback $1027
----------
Zero profit deal: $30,123 (+tax/title/ect) also the $7500 federal credit and any applicable state ones.
Essentially $22,623 after the fed tax credit.

Over $8000 off before tax credits; over $15k including the fed tax credit; god bless folks with state credits lol

There is also some extra bonus money for the month if we hit certain volume numbers...X Altimas, X Pathfinders, X Leafs, ect... to possibly sweeten the deal up even better, but that money doesn't exist until we hit the numbers haha, it also isn't massive, caps at $700 per car, which wasn't included in the above figure of $30,123.

Happy LEAF shopping, hope this helps some folks out there!

For giggles I did an SV see if it could be done for under $20k just using the federal tax credit

MSRP: $36,600 (Splash guards $115 invoice; floor mats + cargo cover $132 invoice; protection pkg $194 invoice)
Invoice: $34,998
Holdback: $979
Volume bonus: $700
Fed Credit: $7500
----------
$20,319 +tax/title (if you can find one with any of the above mentioned options removed, subtract the amount)

Counting the fed credit, and volume bonus they can be 'discounted' over $16k haha. Unless something major jumped at you on the 2013 changes, this is kind of a sick deal atm, especially end of the year so you aren't waiting all that long for the tax credit to come back.

Great deals. Register for the first time in CA and you'd get $2500 more off, even if it cost you near a grand to get it shipped here. That would make the SV a vey effective Smart ED killer, when you consider how much better the LEAF is!

This was more for general information purposes, not a sales pitch. I am unsure what other markets are doing for deals...same/more/less, so take this info with a mild grain of salt to check your local retailers haha. Not that I wouldn't sell one to someone :mrgreen:, but with this information you should be able to negotiate something closer to you...if you can't, well I am here ;)

Nissan also started a bonus $200-1000 (random) for the sales guy too, so don't let him make you feel bad about earning a 'mini deal'

ahh the plot thickens. wondering if the 2013's will be held until 2012's are gone or will the co-exist on the same lot at the same time?

any tidbit of info on the subject no matter no small or seemingly insignificant will be greatly appreciated

I doubt they'll hold them hostage, we ordered our first batch of 2013s late last week (1 S, 6 SVs, 2 SLs), and we're expecting them in the next 2-3 months.

However a strong educated guess is that the first dealerships to get the 2013s will be the higher 2012 volume dealers, and the dealerships that don't have many if any 2012s left (and still sold a fair amount). If your local dealership has had the same 4 LEAFs on their lot the past 6 months, I would guess that they'll be lower on the priority scale to get the 2013s.

evnow said:
So, you can order without knowing the price ?

why would knowing price make a difference? and why only one S? that might be a factor in the price question. I am guessing just under $30,000. that would really move them

KayserNissan said:
This was more for general information purposes, not a sales pitch. I am unsure what other markets are doing for deals...same/more/less, so take this info with a mild grain of salt to check your local retailers haha. Not that I wouldn't sell one to someone :mrgreen:, but with this information you should be able to negotiate something closer to you...if you can't, well I am here ;)

Nissan also started a bonus $200-1000 (random) for the sales guy too, so don't let him make you feel bad about earning a 'mini deal'

Thank you for posting this info. Do you know how I can find out the Leaf incentives in other regions? For example, Washington state, or Northern California?

Order without pricing - yes, general rule of thumb pricing on floor mats, cargo cover, ect... aren't going to change (much) so we're not worried. Base price on a 13 might be different than a 12, but it will be the same across the board, so if we want to sell 13's (which we do) we'll need to have some regardless

Only 1 S - Because we were only allocated (allowed to order) 1 haha, otherwise we'd have ordered more. Primarily because that one S is already spoken for.

Other regions - There is no easy way for me to find that out, plus I have no idea how many regions/markets there are out there. I don't have access to that. Technically Madison is part of the Milwaukee region, so god only knows how many regions there are out there since there are quite a few Nissan dealers. My boss might have access to it, but he is fairly busy, if there is a specific region feel free to PM me and I can see what I can find out for you.

Just curious, why did you order 6 SVs and only 2 SLs? Haven't the majority of Leafs sold so far been SLs?

Thanks for all the great info you've been providing to us!

Amazing! That is a sic deal! Lol!

Given these prices on the 2012 SL and SV, I am curious what is your dealership taking in for trade-ins? E.g. 2011 SL with 12k miles, excellent condition.

Thanks for sharing.

KayserNissan said:
For giggles I did an SV see if it could be done for under $20k just using the federal tax credit

MSRP: $36,600 (Splash guards $115 invoice; floor mats + cargo cover $132 invoice; protection pkg $194 invoice)
Invoice: $34,998
Holdback: $979
Volume bonus: $700
Fed Credit: $7500
----------
$20,319 +tax/title (if you can find one with any of the above mentioned options removed, subtract the amount)

Counting the fed credit, and volume bonus they can be 'discounted' over $16k haha. Unless something major jumped at you on the 2013 changes, this is kind of a sick deal atm, especially end of the year so you aren't waiting all that long for the tax credit to come back.

We ordered more SVs because the majority of the ones we've sold have been SVs. Back up camera has been really the only thing people miss on the SVs here. Auto headlights, homelink, fog lights are nice but they are just that...nice to have. There is only one QC station here in WI and it is about 65-70 miles from us which is about the perfect location, but we find most folks are just looking at these for commuters not traveling across the state. Solar panel...again nice but I haven't noticed a much of a performance difference with my hands on experience ;)

Trade in on a 2011...I don't want to be insulting. We would take into account the fact that you get instant savings versus having to wait on the tax credit to come in, but I think we have a used SV 2012 that we've just dropped the price on to about $24k. Pure guess, but I'd guess $20-22k. I'd have to run that one by the boss because not sure where his head is at on the subject.

Incentives on the lease...no new news yet. My guess is it is just going to be the $8025 (+/- depending on your market) I said it a while ago before I disappeared for a few weeks, but my guess is they are pushing ownership versus leasing now to help slow the decline when it comes to resell them.

KayserNissan said:
There is only one QC station here in WI and it is about 65-70 miles from us which is about the perfect location, but we find most folks are just looking at these for commuters not traveling across the state.
Interesting. Here, even though had few if any QCs, the expectation was that we would have a lot (because of EV Project). So most Leafs were/are SL.

evnow said:
Interesting. Here, even though had few if any QCs, the expectation was that we would have a lot (because of EV Project). So most Leafs were/are SL.

Well I am probably bias because I sell them the way I see them being used. I drive ~40-50 miles a day and just trickle charge when I get home at night and I've never had an issue with charge.

Yes the QC will allow them to be more universal in their driving habits, but I don't see the QC infrastructure booming up in our area in the next 2 years to justify selling them on the QC. Eventually I can see it being more common, but as it sits most folks (that I've sold) are going to be out of their leases by the time the QC is more common. At that time they can reevaluate their driving habits and if the QC has a strong enough presence to justify retiring their secondary vehicle.

KayserNissan said:
< cut >
Trade in on a 2011...I don't want to be insulting. We would take into account the fact that you get instant savings versus having to wait on the tax credit to come in, but I think we have a used SV 2012 that we've just dropped the price on to about $24k. Pure guess, but I'd guess $20-22k. I'd have to run that one by the boss because not sure where his head is at on the subject.

Incentives on the lease...no new news yet. My guess is it is just going to be the $8025 (+/- depending on your market) I said it a while ago before I disappeared for a few weeks, but my guess is they are pushing ownership versus leasing now to help slow the decline when it comes to resell them.

Ok.. Thanks for your feedback on the trade-in question Joe. I saw some other figures and they are around $20-22k. A bit on the low side, in my opinion so it makes more sense for me to keep my car. ;)

KayserNissan said:
Know I haven't been around much, there hasn't been anything super exciting about LEAF pricing in quite a while to be honest.

Anyway, handed down from my boss this morning for my region/market (Madison, WI):

$8025 Lease cash (hasn't changed)
but the big change..... $5500 dealer cash.

Hello Joe.
Can you help clarify a few things for me? The examples you cited are for purchasing. All of my questions will focus on leasing.

1. The $8025 Lease cash you mention - this is a rebate, or essentially a cap reduction, that goes to NMAC, correct? (By the way, I've seen lease cash as high as $9775 depending on region.)
2. I've been told that when leasing, the VIN is linked to your zip code to determine the incentive in your area. Is this correct?
3. When negotiating a lease, is it assumed that the $8025 lease cash will come off the MSRP? Or can this be this be negotiated down to invoice minus lease cash?

I am waiting on an official response, but I am 98% sure that it is only valid for purchases not leases. (Since that $5500 would get you like a $100/mo lease :lol:
What did you find out here? Can the dealer put a negotiated amount of the dealer cash to a cost reduction on the lease?

So a purchased LEAF from myself for example:
2012 SL w/floor mats + cargo cover.
----------
Holdback $1027
----------

Please define "Holdback". You subtracted this from invoice as well as "Dealer Cash" for the zero profit total on the purchase example. Is the "Holdback" eligible for negotiation on the price paid for a lease?

Zero profit deal: $30,123 (+tax/title/ect) also the $7500 federal credit and any applicable state ones.
Essentially $22,623 after the fed tax credit.
I understand that on a lease, the $7500 federal tax credit goes to NMAC. Is this where the bulk of the Lease cash rebate is coming from, or is this an area where further lease cost reductions can be negotiated. Also, typically, how willing are dealerships to make a "Zero Profit deal"?

So, using your SL example, help me to fill in the blanks for leasing:

Lease Cash: -$8025
Dealer cash: -$5500 ?
Holdback -$1027 ?
-----------------
= Adjusted Cap Cost $________ ??

Thank you, Gary

mwalsh said:
Great deals. Register for the first time in CA and you'd get $2500 more off, even if it cost you near a grand to get it shipped here. That would make the SV a vey effective Smart ED killer, when you consider how much better the LEAF is!
The problem with ordering a Leaf from outside of CA is that it won't have all the required CA emissions equipment on it. :lol:

Back