Are you sorry you bought a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harrier,

The one question you haven't answered is why not go ahead and accept the terms of service and get access to the features you do want, remote control of charging/climate, since you're having to decline sending driving data each time you start, anyway?

harrier said:
I bought a car for $40,000. I hope to get rebates to reduce this, but even with the rebates, it is a sizable wad of cash.

Matt, you paid $40K? Did you buy an orphan? The MSRP is around $33-35K depending on model, options, and accessories. The fed tax credit is a credit, not a rebate, so you would have to have at least $7500 in tax liability. Otherwise, IMO, it isn't smart to buy. If you're in CA, then you could get a rebate for $2500. I don't know what state you are in, but some states give additional tax credits/incentives. So if you claim all these, that brings the LEAF down to around $22-$28K, depending on all the incentives, not even close to 40K. That's ONLY about $5K more than a loaded Honda Civic and TONS better!

LEAFfan said:
harrier said:
I bought a car for $40,000. I hope to get rebates to reduce this, but even with the rebates, it is a sizable wad of cash.

Matt, you paid $40K? Did you buy an orphan? The MSRP is around $33-35K depending on model, options, and accessories. The fed tax credit is a credit, not a rebate, so you would have to have at least $7500 in tax liability. Otherwise, IMO, it isn't smart to buy. If you're in CA, then you could get a rebate for $2500. I don't know what state you are in, but some states give additional tax credits/incentives. So if you claim all these, that brings the LEAF down to around $22-$28K, depending on all the incentives, not even close to 40K. That's ONLY about $5K more than a loaded Honda Civic and TONS better!

When I signed the dotted line, after extras and tax and the warranty, it was dollars above $40k for me too. Of course with the $5k rebate and the fed rebate it'll be much less...

but on the dotted line... at the dealer... with taxes and everything was 40k.

cdub said:
LEAFfan said:
harrier said:

When I signed the dotted line, after extras and tax and the warranty, it was dollars above $40k for me too. Of course with the $5k rebate and the fed rebate it'll be much less...
but on the dotted line... at the dealer... with taxes and everything was 40k.

Wow! If I had bought, mine would have been $36K out the door minus the $7500 the next tax year would have been $28500. My lease is under $400.

The car is fine. But at the end of April, I got so distracted from the stock market I was watching (and thinking about bailing out) that to date I have lost an amount equal to 2 LEAFs!
Gregg.

I have had my Leaf since June 2011 and I still love my Leaf. No regrets other than possibly color. I got Red and while it looks good it gets hot in the summer. White might have been a better choice for Texas.

tzzhc4 said:
I got Red and while it looks good it gets hot in the summer. White might have been a better choice for Texas.

I have Cayenne too (red in the shade) and love the copper color. I believe we have it hotter here than in TX. Can you say 11 straight days of 110 or higher and 34 days of 110 or higher for the year (new record)? My LEAF gets no hotter inside than anyone else's because when I'm out and about, I always find a shaded parking spot. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind walking the length of the parking lot to reach a store (most people need the exercise anyway! :lol: ). Since I leased, I didn't even tint the windows and it's great!
Btw, the cayenne, red, and burgundy colors are the easiest to resell.

LEAFfan said:
tzzhc4 said:
I got Red and while it looks good it gets hot in the summer. White might have been a better choice for Texas.

I have Cayenne too (red in the shade) and love the copper color. I believe we have it hotter here than in TX. Can you say 11 straight days of 110 or higher and 34 days of 110 or higher for the year (new record)? My LEAF gets no hotter inside than anyone else's because when I'm out and about, I always find a shaded parking spot. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind walking the length of the parking lot to reach a store (most people need the exercise anyway! :lol: ). Since I leased, I didn't even tint the windows and it's great!
Btw, the cayenne, red, and burgundy colors are the easiest to resell.
------------
+1

I always park in the sticks to seek shade and help avoid door dings :cool:

Very happy so far but its only been 3 1/2 weeks. The comfort is better than expected while range and performance are as expected. No surprises so far, which is exactly what I want out of a daily commuter... :cool:

Now, if only my car pool lane stickers would arrive from the DMV!

Not sorry in the least. Have only had it for 2 months so far (delivered mid November 2011) but no problems whatsoever. Find we are using it as our primary car and, due to a very short work commute, only need to charge it every 2 - 3 days (except for daily charging on the weekends when we drive more). Have almost 1,500 mi. on it already. Have spent only $ 40 on gas in the past 2 months now (for our ICE car).

Back