Are you sitting down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no reason to believe that the timing of your TIMELY ORDER has anything to do with your delivery order. Nissan says your area and RESERVATION timing is what they are using.

So far, we have no evidence to doubt this.

garygid said:
There is no reason to believe that the timing of your TIMELY ORDER has anything to do with your delivery order. Nissan says your area and RESERVATION timing is what they are using.

So far, we have no evidence to doubt this.

i have to dispute this. i completed my reservation less than 2 minutes after receiving my email. i had no hiccups whatsoever. it was very smooth and effortless. i pretty much anticpated an issue with amex so did not even attempt it. used Visa over mastercard because it was more accepted. credit over debit, for the same reason.

the Friday before the tuesday order, i talked with my salesman and solified a price and he all but guaranteed my a Dec delivery. but that was before we knew about the charger waiver issue. he thought as i, that it would be a simple click to accept the waiver and move on. that did not happen

i also did not wait for email notification. i did a manual refresh every 30-45 seconds especially since it had already been widely reported on FB that several had completed their reservation hours earlier.

so if the reservation process was timed out based on location (i am in a launch area) then it was predetermined that no one in WA State would be getting their car in Dec?

sure there is an outside chance that i would not have been one of the first 20 or so to have registered, but i simply do not consider that likely.

i have done this registration game before and i know how to play. i did get the first 2010 Prius delivered in WA state. granted not the same, completely different scenario as this was much more eclusive so not a " Oklahoma Sooner" rush

but like i said. there is a potential to benefit on a jan 2011 delivery and i hope it pans out.

the other thing is that there is a question as to when the delivery will take place. i some think its jan 2011 others think its jan 11th, so maybe it will be jan 2nd. that would be less than 10 days later than i had anticipated in April, so maybe not all that bad after all.

but all in all, you are correct. there is no evidence to support any conclusions. we can only speculate

mwalsh said:
The December roll-out (in this region and presumably all others) will be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very limited. How many cars? I just can't tell you...it would freak you out too badly! It freaked me out, so I know it will freak you guys out.
Sounds right. There were other dealers who said the delivery numbers will be in single digit - and they proved right - even though Nissan said that is not right.

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/11/12/leaf-december-orders-delayed-dealer-demos-pushed-back/

BTW, mwalsh, what was the number you heard ?

thank you someone for bringing this thread back to life. it does appear that in the next 10 days or so, it will be proven that the April 20th date was the determining factor for our place in line, our physical location the determination for the delivery of our vehicle with respect to our proximity to San Diego.

so its obvious that all who were in the EV project area and registered within the first hour on April 20th will be among the first 90 to receive their Leaf but i will reserve my right to "eat Crow" for at least another week or so...

Does anyone have an updated roll out calendar? The last I heard Tier 1 states would be allowed to order again and tier 2 states may be allowed to order in the Fall of 2011 with tier 3 possibly ordering in late 2011. Is there any official word with this kind of information?

jimcmorr said:
Does anyone have an updated roll out calendar? The last I heard Tier 1 states would be allowed to order again and tier 2 states may be allowed to order in the Fall of 2011 with tier 3 possibly ordering in late 2011. Is there any official word with this kind of information?
FWIW, a friend said he has been "invited" (presumably by Nissan) to make a reservation for a LEAF, last week. We're in Texas, one of the quasi-Tier 1 states.

Back