April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DB still says Week of April 8th and has been that way for about 5-6 weeks- VIN #756
Car was at the Port on March 9th and received the "7-Day E-mail" (What a joke) on March 23 rd.
What day is it? Oh yeah, It's April 25th and still no car!

Maybe I should stop checking the Dashboard, or contacting Nissan Leaf CS. :p
I will only make sure my cellphone is fully charged every morning.
The day the dealership calls me, will be the day I get my car. Any of those 7-Day e-mail or Week of XX info are completely bogus! :evil:

surfsnow said:
Maybe I should stop checking the Dashboard, or contacting Nissan Leaf CS. :p
I will only make sure my cellphone is fully charged every morning.
The day the dealership calls me, will be the day I get my car. Any of those 7-Day e-mail or Week of XX info are completely bogus! :evil:

+1, and my dealer agrees.

According to my dealer, my car is currently on the truck (as of late last week) but hadn't arrived as of this afternoon. Hopefully it will be there in the morning, or Wed at the latest. I find it odd they can't track it with a bit more detail than that, but at least the wait is almost over. She also knows about my issue with being carless and my husband going out of town and is willing to help me out with a loaner car if it's needed. Hopefully that won't be necessary because it'll be here by Wed, but if it's not I will take her up on it. So I'm breathing a little easier now, although I'm sad that my husband probably won't get to see the car till he gets back.

cdaveb said:
According to my dealer, my car is currently on the truck (as of late last week) but hadn't arrived as of this afternoon. Hopefully it will be there in the morning, or Wed at the latest. I find it odd they can't track it with a bit more detail than that, but at least the wait is almost over. She also knows about my issue with being carless and my husband going out of town and is willing to help me out with a loaner car if it's needed. Hopefully that won't be necessary because it'll be here by Wed, but if it's not I will take her up on it. So I'm breathing a little easier now, although I'm sad that my husband probably won't get to see the car till he gets back.

Im glad they are trying to work with you.

I'm hoping I get my car this week! *crosses fingers*

cdaveb said:

I just read (from a CS rep) on another page/thread that once the car is 'released', it is put on 'hold' until ALL the other cars going to that particular destination have been 'released', then they are loaded. That explains why my LEAF was 'released' on Apr. 15th, but still on 'hold'. I'm hoping for sometime this week too to the dealer because it is another 3-5 days from there to here.

Yohannon said:
What is so difficult with the precept of under-promising and over-delivering? If Nissan said the car was going to be ready the week of May 14th, but was able to deliver it sooner... WOOHOO!

But this shifting line in the sand stuff just cycles some of us through elation/disappointment just frequently enough to be a buzz kill. :(

~Y~
I was thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend. Long ago I asked a friend of mine with a successful small business how he did it and his answer was very simple, 'Tell the customer what you're going to do and then do it.'. Even if the initial 'answer' wasn't what the customer wanted to hear, they ended up happy when you deliver what you say you're going to. Nissan's constant shifting of dates is just brutal and not the way to make happy customers.

I got the call today from my dealer--Leaf is here, picking up tomorrow! DB had shown 4-22 for awhile, changed to 4-26 last Thursday, arrived 4-25. I was reading a thank you email from Nissan North America for purchasing a Nissan NV when my iPhone rang with the good news--that's two new Nissan's in a week and a half! Thank you Ron at North Bay Nissan, you said it would be spring when I ordered on 9-20, and so it is.

Leafittome said:
I got the call today from my dealer--Leaf is here, picking up tomorrow! DB had shown 4-22 for awhile, changed to 4-26 last Thursday, arrived 4-25. I was reading a thank you email from Nissan North America for purchasing a Nissan NV when my iPhone rang with the good news--that's two new Nissan's in a week and a half! Thank you Ron at North Bay Nissan, you said it would be spring when I ordered on 9-20, and so it is.

Ron at North Bay Nissan is awesome. Super nice guy and I'm glad I bought a Leaf from him as well!

The Leaf is worth the painfully long wait people. I can't wait to see the rest of you friendly EVDrivers out there cruising in your Leafs as well. I wrote a review about my experience so far on the "do you regret your purchase" thread for anyone interested (hell no is the answer, the car rocks and it is definitely a $40k engineering moonshot plus).

Nope, don't 100% trust the dashboard with it's mind of it's own or the seven day email either. It took 5 weeks to get my car after the seven day email. They still seem to be working out a few bugs in the ordering to delivery process. The call from the dealer trumps the dashboard. I have had the Super Leaf (SL) for five days and my dashboard just updated today to a delivery date week of May 2nd. HMMM is right.

Thanks Nissan for making the real deal EV.

Go Leaf!

EVDrive
Blue SL
Off the Gas Since 4/20/2011

Bassman said:
DB still says Week of April 8th and has been that way for about 5-6 weeks- VIN #756
Car was at the Port on March 9th and received the "7-Day E-mail" (What a joke) on March 23 rd.
What day is it? Oh yeah, It's April 25th and still no car!

I ordered 3 days before you and just got my Leaf last week. Yours should be close. I would keep calling CS and the dealer asking for an update. Remind them not to forget about you the anxious friendly happy customer.

Well.....bowl me over again. Everything opened this morning, pre purchase checklist, owner's portal and now dash says "week of April 6" from June. I feel like I am communicating with a Ouiji board or a magic 8 ball.. :eek:

Kataplin, Your dashboard will probably correct itself in a day or two and might even go to as soon as week of April 29

Kataphn said:
stanley said:
Kataplin, Your dashboard will probably correct itself in a day or two and might even go to as soon as week of April 29

Yes, I expect more corrections. No 7 day email yet.

7-day email means nothing. I got it April 19 and two days later my week of moved to May 2 with dealer saying his shows May 6.
You just gotta chill. My AC fix was completed April 18, say the chat people.
Dealer say--just chill and laugh at it.

I figure invoice to dealer and dealer call is the only REAL news.

Back