April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat said:
With yohannon and mgoleta getting delivery estimates, that leaves me as the only person (I think) on the spreadsheet in the Bay Area, or N. Cal. who ordered on 9/29 or earlier who has a delivery estimate of June or later. My CarWings opened up and still has a VIN, but it is the VIN of an orphan that was reassigned to me in error (wrong model) after someone else upgraded. I deleted that vehicle from my owner profile but it reappeared magically. Most of those Californians who ordered 9/30 - 10/1 also have delivery dates in April or May. This is getting old. I'm happy for all of you but... :(

I am sorry to hear that yours hasn't been resolved. Having a VIN that is the wrong trim can't be good. One note of interest was yesterday when my LEAF arrived at the dealer it had a sheet on it that identified it as a lost LEAF order that was released from port hold. So it does appear that someone/somewhere is trying to track lost or problem orders. That I think is good news. Having the issue elevated with CS and with your dealer adding pressure should mean someone is trying to resolve it. Hang tough. Also we haven't heard from Turbo3 recently on his status. He had an almost identical reserve time (2 minutes later than mine), order (same trim, color and QC) and order time as mine.

mgoleta said:
One note of interest was yesterday when my LEAF arrived at the dealer it had a sheet on it that identified it as a lost LEAF order that was released from port hold. So it does appear that someone/somewhere is trying to track lost or problem orders. That I think is good news.

It does seem to me also that there is an effort underway to try and fix the lost orders issue as much as they can. I'm not sure why they won't comment on that as it surely would do them good... but I am glad that they seem to recognize the issue and appear to be making an effort!

aries said:
It does seem to me also that there is an effort underway to try and fix the lost orders issue as much as they can.

A more accurate statement would be to say that there is an effort underway to try to ensure that all of the September orders, and as many of the Oct, Nov, Dec 2010 orders as possible can be filled while they let the Jan/Feb 2011 orders go through.

Sorry, but there is a fair amount of "fixing" they could have done, but chose not to. (Which is their right, as there are no guarantees, etc., etc.)

Turbo3 said:
It would be nice to get before May so I can apply for the free ChargePoint card.
Just go by Boardwalk and pick one up like I did at our BayLEAFs meeting on April 2nd. All registered and carrying around on my key ring (even though I don't have the car yet).

waiting4leaf said:
smkettner said:
Turbo3 said:
It would be nice to get before May so I can apply for the free ChargePoint card.
You don't need a car to get a free card and activate the account. Get the card now.
How to get the card?
https://www.chargepointportal.net/index.php/authz/signup.html

Sign up, they send you a card in the mail, log back on and activate the card to your account.

Oh, now I see they expect you to have the car to get the free card. See previous about just picking one up.

Link to free card:
http://www.mychargepoint.net/earthday/

Had a great Earth Day. Robert at A-1 Electrical Contracting had his team over at my garage at 8AM this morning. They were efficient and quick in the dock install. From the electrical panel, a conduit was run along the side of the house, through a wall and into the garage where the Blink is located at the front wall. Looks great! I had my LEAF charging on the Blink by 930AM. After all the discussion regarding the Blink and wifi connection, I was surprised this so far has not been a problem.

Your prompt effort to have my dock installed after the LEAF delivery on 4/19 incentivized me to clean part of my garage. Now I should throw away the junk I hid so they don't reappear in the garage.

Thanks Robert and your great installer team on a job well done. Now I can conclude that my stay in the April Deliveries thread is over - received LEAF and have a L2 charging dock in place all in the month of April.

linkim said:
Had a great Earth Day. Robert at A-1 Electrical Contracting had his team over at my garage at 8AM this morning. They were efficient and quick in the dock install. From the electrical panel, a conduit was run along the side of the house, through a wall and into the garage where the Blink is located at the front wall. Looks great! I had my LEAF charging on the Blink by 930AM. After all the discussion regarding the Blink and wifi connection, I was surprised this so far has not been a problem.

Your prompt effort to have my dock installed after the LEAF delivery on 4/19 incentivized me to clean part of my garage. Now I should throw away the junk I hid so they don't reappear in the garage.

Thanks Robert and your great installer team on a job well done. Now I can conclude that my stay in the April Deliveries thread is over - received LEAF and have a L2 charging dock in place all in the month of April.

Which rate did you pick? E1, E9A, E9B? Something else?

Turbo3 said:
mgoleta, Still stuck at May 6th. No 7 Day email. No call from Boardwalk. Hope to hear something next week.

The only email I got from the DB was this morning that my LEAF was scheduled to arrive at my dealer soon (like yesterday) and once I have taken delivery my initial reservation fee will be credited back to my CC. So it is possible to get your car without receiving any notice first. CS was closed today for Good Friday but the port was not. Hopefully they are busy processing out more cars. My PD didn't know the car was off hold until hours before it acutally showed up. There is hope.

lisaleaf said:
DB just went from delivery wk of 4/15 to week of 4/28 tonight, which seems more logical :lol:

VIN 1265

Good for you Lisa! No logic for me though :? ...just had a chat session with CS and I'll file this under the "for what it's worth" category:

N: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is………. How may I help you today ?
J: Hello, Do you have any update on my delivery beyond the "Week of April 14th" on my dashboard? Is my vehicle still on hold at the port?
N: If you could just give me a moment to pull up your information I would be albe to better assist you.
N: Your LEAF is going through the software update and will be on its way to your dealer very soon.
J: That's good news thanks. Will the dashboard be updated?
N: Probally not. You will be seeing your LEAF very soon!
J: Ok thanks
N: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
J: No, thank you
N: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, have a GREAT day!

uspearls said:
lisaleaf said:
DB just went from delivery wk of 4/15 to week of 4/28 tonight, which seems more logical :lol:

VIN 1265

Good for you Lisa! No logic for me though :? ...just had a chat session with CS and I'll file this under the "for what it's worth" category:

N: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is………. How may I help you today ?
J: Hello, Do you have any update on my delivery beyond the "Week of April 14th" on my dashboard? Is my vehicle still on hold at the port?
N: If you could just give me a moment to pull up your information I would be albe to better assist you.
N: Your LEAF is going through the software update and will be on its way to your dealer very soon.
J: That's good news thanks. Will the dashboard be updated?
N: Probally not. You will be seeing your LEAF very soon!
J: Ok thanks
N: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
J: No, thank you
N: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, have a GREAT day!
I had a similar conversation with CS and was told much the same information. I was not encourage that they couldn't say if the car was actually in Long Beach or instead en route on a ship. I don't think CS has access to any real information.

waiting4leaf said:
I was told several things by the live chat folks. As a matter of fact different things (AC Patch applied and ready to shipped - Waiting for AC Patch) by the same rep (Nichole). I don't think you should believe any them. They are told to make customers feel good for the moment.
Yep. Nothing from "customer service" but lies and promises. They are very nice, and very friendly, and they sound very concerned. But all they actually give out are lies and promises.

bye bye April.
just moved me into may on the dashboard.
Chat told me my ac was done april 15.
7-day email april 19.
:lol:

by the way, i think the real data should be reserve date to delivery NOT order date to delivery.

Back