April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SanDust said:
If you can't work this out up front, why not make your concerns known, take delivery, apply for your rebate, and sort out the price difference later?
Bwahahahah!!!!! :lol:

I can practically guarantee that NO car dealer is ever going to give back after the deal is done. Not even the nice ones.

davewill said:
SanDust said:
If you can't work this out up front, why not make your concerns known, take delivery, apply for your rebate, and sort out the price difference later?

I can practically guarantee that NO car dealer is ever going to give back after the deal is done. Not even the nice ones.

There shouldn't be an issue.. On their dashboard is an agreed upon price. It is not the buyers fault that they are upgrading him to an SL, he has a price quote and the dealer has to honor it.

SanDust said:
planet4ever said:
So, have I gone crazy?
Yes! :)

My guess is that they will let you have the SL for the price of the SV. First is was their mistake -- twice. So not only have they delayed delivering your product, they're not delivering what you ordered. Second it will probably cost them more to straighten out your situation than the cost difference is worth. Seems like the simplest solution is to give you the SL for the SV price. It's like getting a better model sofa than the one you ordered -- you should be able to get the upgraded one at the original price.

On your end, the $23/month doesn't seem like a big deal. A minor point would be that the backup backup camera seems like a basic safety feature. A major point would be that if you delay taking delivery of the car you might significantly delay or lose the $5000 CARB rebate.

Take the SL.

garygid said:
I would take the SL now, just to get the $5000 CA Rebate.

Also, the guide lines in the backup video that curve as you turn the wheel ... are VERY good!

really, and for sure.
I didnt want all that useless crap on the SL, but the EVProject through in the QC charger, so it was a wash.

xtremeflyer said:
davewill said:
SanDust said:

There shouldn't be an issue.. On their dashboard is an agreed upon price. It is not the buyers fault that they are upgrading him to an SL, he has a price quote and the dealer has to honor it.
That's all fine, although I suspect they will make him wait rather than give him the difference...But, the poster was suggesting to try and fix it after signing and driving off. Not happening.

Interesting that they're giving you a car, but not the kind you ordered. My friend who got his last week originally ordered a black one, but then changed his order to red. He got a black one.

Man, I sure hope when mine comes in, it's as ordered... :?

If you go the cancellation route, dealer will be happy to do that as he can now sell the SL at a mark up, so I suggest you play the agreed upon price argument and see if it flies. It may or may not work but thats worth a shot, if you try to cancel I don't think anyone might care much, enough buyers around to take the car.

I may be wrong just my thought process..

planet4ever said:
It could be they're fooling me, but I believe I actually got some factual information out of CS yesterday and today.

• My original car, SV model VIN #0670, was about to arrive in late March when it was suddenly diverted. No one yet has been able to tell me where it went.
  • I was assigned a new car, SL model VIN #1537, which got stuck in Long Beach for the service upgrade.
  • That car has now been cleared in Long Beach, and should arrive at my dealer in a matter of days.

Now here is where things get weird. I find it hard to believe myself, but after months of bitching and moaning about my unfair delays, I think I am going to refuse that car. I have told CS that I didn't order an SL, I don't want an SL, and I won't pay for an SL. It seems clear to me that Nissan is committed to delivering the car I ordered. And after four months of unexpected waiting, I guess I can wait a little longer to get it if I have to.

So why don't I want an SL? I'm planning to lease, and I'm willing to bet the SL will tack on $33/month to my payments, even if it doesn't have the QC port. That's $1200 in three years, for ... nothing!

Cargo cover? - I'll take it off to get it out of my way.
Homelink? - Hah! We haven't opened our garage door in the last 20 years, we don't have anything in any of those storage places, and I know we will never move to a gated community.
Fog lights? - From what I hear they're not even useful, and I never drive in fog anyway.
Solar panel? - Silly gimmick.
Auto headlights? - I hear they can be a pain. Besides, I "automatically" turn on my headlights whenever I take off my sunglasses.
Rearview monitor? - Possibly, but my wife's Prius has one, and I never look at it when I'm driving. For 55 years I've always backed up by keeping one hand on the steering wheel, twisting my body, and looking directly out the back window.

So, have I gone crazy?

Ray

Ray, There will be lot of folks to take this off your hands, including me. Just get the car.

Finally ... My leaf is Home yesterday and also I got my eTec Charger got installed yesterday. It was quite a coincedent to have both on same day :lol:

So far the experience is very good .. Exploring will continue ...

sreehyd said:
Finally ... My leaf is Home yesterday and also I got my eTec Charger got installed yesterday. It was quite a coincedent to have both on same day :lol:

Congratulations!

Okay, NOW I'm starting to believe -- this morning I received the "Congratulations!" e-mail, so I went to check the dashboard, and I got me a VIN! Carwings activation! Insert further incoherent happy burbling here! :p

And if I haven't said it recently y'all rock. I know there have been times when the process made me crazy, but just knowing I wasn't the only one it was happening to sure reduced my extreme sense of stress. :D

(knocks on wood -- just in case!)

~Y~

Yohannon said:
Okay, NOW I'm starting to believe -- this morning I received the "Congratulations!" e-mail, so I went to check the dashboard, and I got me a VIN! Carwings activation! Insert further incoherent happy burbling here! :p

And if I haven't said it recently y'all rock. I know there have been times when the process made me crazy, but just knowing I wasn't the only one it was happening to sure reduced my extreme sense of stress. :D

(knocks on wood -- just in case!)

~Y~

I couldn't believe it until the dealer called me and said it was here. (Yes, my head is full of knots, more resembles a burl at this point.) Excellent news. I wonder how Turbo3 is doing.

waiting4leaf said:
sreehyd said:

Congratulations!

thank you....

With yohannon and mgoleta getting delivery estimates, that leaves me as the only person (I think) on the spreadsheet in the Bay Area, or N. Cal. who ordered on 9/29 or earlier who has a delivery estimate of June or later. My CarWings opened up and still has a VIN, but it is the VIN of an orphan that was reassigned to me in error (wrong model) after someone else upgraded. I deleted that vehicle from my owner profile but it reappeared magically. Most of those Californians who ordered 9/30 - 10/1 also have delivery dates in April or May. This is getting old. I'm happy for all of you but... :(

Got the "7 day email notice" of expected delivery yesterday after the DB delivery date was updated day before from "week of April 22" to "week of April 28" (which had been "week of April 6th").
Gregg
SL +QC white #1597
Order date 10/29/10

Rat said:
With yohannon and mgoleta getting delivery estimates, that leaves me as the only person (I think) on the spreadsheet in the Bay Area, or N. Cal. who ordered on 9/29 or earlier who has a delivery estimate of June or later. My CarWings opened up and still has a VIN, but it is the VIN of an orphan that was reassigned to me in error (wrong model) after someone else upgraded. I deleted that vehicle from my owner profile but it reappeared magically. Most of those Californians who ordered 9/30 - 10/1 also have delivery dates in April or May. This is getting old. I'm happy for all of you but... :(

That really sucks. That being said, it seems like some of the later date deliveries are magically changing to earlier dates, so hopefully yours will soon too. Have you spoken to Nissan CS about the situation? What are they telling you? I did manage to get them to escalate me to a supervisor at one point who I've been dealing with since given my situation, so if you haven't done that yet you should try it.

cdaveb said:
Rat said:

That really sucks. That being said, it seems like some of the later date deliveries are magically changing to earlier dates, so hopefully yours will soon too. Have you spoken to Nissan CS about the situation? What are they telling you? I did manage to get them to escalate me to a supervisor at one point who I've been dealing with since given my situation, so if you haven't done that yet you should try it.
I had a long Live Chat yesterday with Michael who said he would have a supervisor call me. I had a long Live Chat with Laura last week who said she would call me back by April 18 with a resolution. Neither of these has happened. I spoke to my dealer, who has been great, who said he is pushing my case with Nissan, too, but so far no one has contacted me other than the Nissan customer survey email I got today. Needless to say my responses were not all that favorable, although I did put in good ratings for my dealer. I don't know if these Live Chat people (or CS people on the 800 number) are using real names and every time I get one and complain that the assurances the last one gave were false or not followed up on they answer that they can't answer for anyone else but I should believe them because they are now assuring me someone will call me, etc.

Just took delivery in Dallas.

7 day email of 4/12 was inaccurate, but Week of 4/21 was spot on. I had been week of 4/8 briefly.

Regardless, I wish everyone else who has been waiting a long time the best in receiving yours.

Back