April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news here...I have been stuck on April delivery for awhile now. This morning I check the Nissan website and found my status changed to week of April 15 AND Carwings was open. Then I checked my email and found nothing from Nissan. I then went back and opened Carwings and read the contract and consented and accepted; I clicked to submit and was not successful - only got into a "processing" cycle that never ended, so had to terminate that attempt. I was able to determine that my VIN# is JN1AZ0CP3BT002090. I will try again later. I hope many of you are being contacted this morning.

No email, but the first obsessive/compulsive check of my dashboard today shows that I've gone from Month of April to Week of April 15th!

No VIN yet (that I can see, anyway). Got the "Get started with Carwings" deal, but like others, I get the exception message when I open that pane.

We'll see how/if this holds up.

EDIT: Ha, I do have my VIN--gotta log in to the owner's site: 1995.

Time flies when you are waiting for your Leaf. Nissan has created a new dimension of time folding on itself.

i get no emails about timing, but today, after seeing all the news flashes here, I check on rising and my April 12 is now April 7.
Maybe it will move up a bit more and it will arrive on my birthday.
My wife just said "good lord" -- with regard to the fifth arrival change in five weeks, with four of them in one week.

I couldnt be more pleased, but would like to see the folks who ordered in 2010 fall get a wonderful surprise.

To all of us trying to open carwings and getting 'exception' message: Go instead to owners portal at bottom of account page. Click on 'Launch Owners Portal" and follow links to manage your account. I was able to set up notifications and even my "Worldwide Carwings Nickname". Have fun!

@TT: ordered on Jan 8 and very thankful to be getting a LEAF soon (assuming that Evil Dashboard Master doesn't move me to month of June on Apr 6). The dashboard changes very early in the CA morning (I assume that they have some sort of cron job that synchronizes the systems early in the morning), I know it because, unfortunately, I've been getting up between 3 and 4 in the last few months (delivery stress?). I actually will call the dealer tomorrow (Sundays are busy at dealerships) and see what they know, especially because it's time to start talking about financing.

@Beachcliff: I feel for you.. I would be as frustrated as you are

@linkim: you are getting your LEAF at Boardwalk Nissan like me. I guess that your date will move in sync with my date and we'll get our care more or less the same day (maybe carpool to get it, since we live close to each other). Your VIN is relatively close to mine (diff ~400), so it's conceivable that they came in the same ship and are going through the various steps more or less at the same time.

I made it to activate carwings and now getting the "enable carwinds: get started" in the dashboard and when I click on it I get the "exception occurred message". However, the "own" section is enabled on my dashboard and I can still "launch the nissan owners' portal" which shows VIN etc.

RSH said:
To all of us trying to open carwings and getting 'exception' message: Go instead to owners portal at bottom of account page. Click on 'Launch Owners Portal" and follow links to manage your account. I was able to set up notifications and even my "Worldwide Carwings Nickname". Have fun!

Right, I was able to do that as well, but I thought you could actually log in to Carwings at this point and...you know...look at stuff. Or something. That's the part that is missing. Searching thru this site, someone had mentioned that there was a link to Carwings in the owner's portal, but if there still is, I can't find it. I think if the Leaf dashboard's Carwings link wasn't showing an exception, you'd be able to get into it from there.

Anyone else have that elusive link?

Also: The Leaf DB shows that I've been approved for the EV Project EVSE install, but the Nissan Owner's Portal says that my home assessment has been scheduled. Too many databases to keep in sync!

Woke up this morning to go from month of May to week of April 29. The remaining dashboard items have opened up too. VIN last four digits are 2088, which is pretty high, so hoping some of you got good news this morning as well.

uwskier20 said:
Woke up this morning to go from month of May to week of April 29. The remaining dashboard items have opened up too. VIN last four digits are 2088, which is pretty high, so hoping some of you got good news this morning as well.
Me too! My VIN is 2051.

Jim

HIOJim said:
uwskier20 said:
Me too! My VIN is 2051.

Jim

Looks like our Leafs will likely be on the same train northbound. This is encouraging news. I guess this means the electrical contractor should be calling anytime now. Good day to clean out the garage? :lol:

Checked my account this morning to find my May delivery date changed to April 29th and a Vin number of 1974. My customer portal is also open.

HIOJim said:
uwskier20 said:
Me too! My VIN is 2051.
No such movement here--still stuck on "month of April 2011" but my confidence level is starting to grow. The experience is (not so) fondly reminiscent of the ordering process--Nissan told me my ordering month was September, 2010 and they didn't actually open me up for RAQ until 3:20 PM on the 30th. So, any day I should see that change to "week of April 30th" :|

idunk said:
@linkim: you are getting your LEAF at Boardwalk Nissan like me. I guess that your date will move in sync with my date and we'll get our care more or less the same day (maybe carpool to get it, since we live close to each other). Your VIN is relatively close to mine (diff ~400), so it's conceivable that they came in the same ship and are going through the various steps more or less at the same time.

Damn, I'm getting mine at Boardwalk too, but my dashboard is still saying "month of April" this morning :-( I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the dashboard is not reflecting my scheduled EVSE install on march 30.

MsLusty said:
Damn, I'm getting mine at Boardwalk too, but my dashboard is still saying "month of April" this morning :-( I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the dashboard is not reflecting my scheduled EVSE install on march 30.
I called Nissan on Thursday because my DB changed in both home assessment (to quote pending) and home charging dock (with no available options) when the e-tec program was announced for the bay area. They said delivery and dock installation are not coupled--that the dealer would ask you about your charging plans when you get "the call". Whether that is true might be subject to debate. Like you, though, the anxiety continues to build. My wife suggested that we get PENDING for our vanity plate at one point.

I ordered in December and got a "month of April" delivery date. Then in February (I think) my account showed "Your delivery date has not changed. It is the month of May." (paraphrase) It is still month of May. I'm waiting to see what effect the tsunami has. My charger was scheduled for install in December but they didn't have the 25 foot cable so I finally got it in February. I don't think that is any indication of delivery date. I live in Felton, San Francisco Bay area. Getting it at Santa Cruz Nissan.

Greetings, I've been mostly sitting back and following the discussions here but I have a couple of questions:

I reserved on 4/20/10 and ordered on 9/2/10 and live in southern California. My console delivery date has bounced from Pending- month of April- week of 4/4-3/30-4/8-4/12- and currently week of 4/14. I still don't have a Vin # and cannot activate Carwings and the owner portal does not have a vehicle. I have contacted customer service several times and they start by saying that I should have received vin/carwings by now and they will "escalate". The response has been "dont worry, you will receive an e-mail 3/30 to activate Carwings. I call back and questioned that 3/30 is basically from 0 to 12 days from delivery, as a result my delivery was pushed back to the 14th Has anyone else seen this and does anyone have any advice?

Second question, I have read that many are frustrated by Nissans lack of explanation on how the order for delivery timing is being calculated. Are friends of Nissan, or stockholders getting preferential treatment? Normally I would say that it is Nissans prerogative to decide who they want to sell to first but in the case of California, and I suppose other states as well, Nissans delivery order decides who will receive taxpayer money. In which case, is it fraudulent for Nissan to decide who receives taxpayer money and who doesn't based on their criteria? Should this be brought to the attention of State lawmakers/Attorney General?

Sorry for the long first post. :?

MsLusty said:
idunk said:

I am getting my EVSE installed on March 30 as well and it's not reflecting on my dashboard. More likely yours was either on the same ship and hasn't been processed at Long Beach yet (possible) or it is in one of the later ships. At this point, if you are April and haven't received the "delayed because of earthquake email" your car is already on its way.

By the way, I called eTec and they had my delivery date as April 13 in the same day that I had "Week of April 14". Call them, they might know the date already.

Back