April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark13 said:
Does everyone have the EV garage charger installed that is expecting a Leaf in April ? No one from Ecotality has called us and the car is do in April :x
I had mine installed in November. Oddly enough, a couple weeks ago my home assessment status changed to "quote pending" (I don't qualify for e-Tec). I hope that doesn't affect my delivery as I've been stuck on "month of April 2011" for a month.

the do the charger the week before delivery.
it is a two-to-four-hour job.

dont sweat the small stuff.
if you wanna worry, think about what the radiation of so much of Japan will mean as the cores melt and release poison. we will get our small dose in Western USA.

I am scheduled for my EV Project EVSE install this Thursday, March 17.

My LEAF delivery flucuates between April 1, April 8 and April 18.

Sitting currently at April 18. Ordered on Sept 2. Vin in the 560's.

Drat ! Mine changed from week of April 1 to week of April 5.

This reminds me of the local medical school obstetrics department. They keep revising pregnant women's delivery dates based on ultrasounds done every few weeks. It drives the families bonkers.

IMO, Nissan shouldn't change the delivery dates so often. It is driving me bonkers too.

thankyouOB said:
the do the charger the week before delivery.
it is a two-to-four-hour job.
It is just a 2-4 hour install, however there is a lot of administrative work around the actual install. You must pull permits, have an inspector out and if you have a second meter your utility has to set the 2nd meter. You're looking at 5 days minimum from when they "start" to when the EVSE is operational.

I just looked up my vin number (1024) and week of pick up is (April 6) Lets see 600 Leafs on this ship and if 424 people have already picked up their Leafs ,that equals (1024) yes- yes I got the golden ticket :lol: Hmm how many people have already picked up a Leaf ? Im guessing only a couple of hundred :cry:

Oh well my leaf will come on the next shipment and be built by people who minds could not possibbly be 100% on the job..Not that I dont blame them and whats a little bit of radiation in the car..Radiation in the car could lead to a longer battery charge but a shorter human life :lol:

mark13 said:
Radiation in the car could lead to a longer battery charge but a shorter human life :lol:
Put the drugs away, man. :roll: And have some respect for the people in Japan who are facing the prospect of real radiation. It's not a laughing matter.

You have a VIN - your car is already in port at Long Beach. At least read the un-read messages in a thread before you post, eh?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=68949#p68949

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2996&p=68861#p68861

I still have April with no date. I have a feeling I'm not one of the 600 on that ship. My guess is the date is assigned once your car is in the production schedule. Given current events, that could be a very long time from now.

Does everyone really think that there will be upwards of 400 cars delivered by the first week of April?

EDIT: Reading is fundamental. I just found the thread where 600 cars shipped on 3/8 from Oppama.

z0ner said:
Does everyone really think that there will be upwards of 400 cars delivered by the first week of April?
There could be twice + that number. I believe we do not see most of them. Most people at this point are just going down, getting the car just like any other purchase and quietly getting on with their life.

I think my car is here too (April 5 showing). I have the charger installed, but the inspector came the next week and said "this is done, I can't inspect this" and left so I called and that's not all the way worked out yet.

But PGE said it looked ok, so I have a feeling I might charge my car with it anyway, should I receive it.

As for crazy from 1 week moves, pretend you live on the east coast.

jcesare said:
I still have April with no date. I have a feeling I'm not one of the 600 on that ship. My guess is the date is assigned once your car is in the production schedule. Given current events, that could be a very long time from now.

Jcesare, you appear to have the golden touch -- order in January and get a "month of April" delivery. What's your secret?

BTW, I think you will have your car in April. They know the plant is closed for a while. If they wanted to push you to May (like me) -- or back to "pending" -- it would be very easy to do.

Back