Apparently, I'm the only one seeing these.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lpickup said:
Okay, here is my theory: all those cars you see on flatbeds are actually the same car and belongs to Stuart658. Those that don't peek at Carwings have no idea what I'm talking about!
Yes, it does seem that Stuart658 goes to extremes just to show up as #1. Ditto for the guy in France who never uses any accessory power.

Back on topic: I have seen no Leafs on flatbed and only two in the wild in 8 months of casual watching. Of course, to the best of my knowledge, there are only two Leafs in this area -- not counting occasional visits by Kolmstead to visit the dealer. Finding one on flatbed might lead us to another owner and enable attendance at the Way Northern LA County Leaf Owners Breakfast "Club" (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7778&p=171159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to increase by 50%.

adric22 said:
I've never seen a leaf on a flatbed before. However, one thought that comes to mind that I haven't seen mentioned is that somebody wanted to buy one but the dealership was further away than the car could drive. So they decided to have it trucked home.

Yep, I did that - and it's the only leaf I've seen (at all) to date :)

Unfortunately, if you lived in Connecticut, you might have seen my LEAF being subjected to such an indignity:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have never seen a leaf on a flatbed. I did see 6 Leafs in a trailer going out of the Port of LB.
On my commute and around town, I only regularly see a single Leaf (other than mine) on a regular basis where I live in south of LA County area. On the freeway, my commute going to and from the LAX area via freeway, i have seen a Leaf about four times since May.
When I drove the streets in South Bay along the Beach Cities coast earlier this month, I saw three in an hour one day.

I am wondering where they all are. Of course, with me in the HOV lane, I am not cruising by Leafs.

I've never seen a LEAF in the wild and the only one I've seen on a flatbed was mine... on it's long journey from Oregon to Colorado. Someday I'm sure I'll have to be towed if/when I have a tire problem that I can't fix along the side of the road. But running out of charge? Not likely.

I don't think this is common and I think the title thread should change. OP so far is the only person claiming that this is a common occurrence. I live in Santa Monica and I've been seeing lots of Leafs for months now and I've never seen one stranded. Seen lots of ICEs stranded though, and lots of them blocking traffic. Someone should do something about that... ;)

If you figure the number of Leafs in the area and the number of ICE vehicles, it actually is statistically significant and large per capita...

malloryk said:
I don't think this is common and I think the title thread should change. OP so far is the only person claiming that this is a common occurrence. I live in Santa Monica and I've been seeing lots of Leafs for months now and I've never seen one stranded. Seen lots of ICEs stranded though, and lots of them blocking traffic. Someone should do something about that... ;)

I've never seen another LEAF on a flatbed truck myself.

But my LEAF was on a flatbed a few months back when I hit a huge pothole and the tire blew out (Los Angeles roads can be really really bad.. and I didn't see the pothole in time unfortunately).

-Peter

Never have seen a LEAF on a flat bed. I have only seen two LEAFs in the wild - both while in the SF Bay area. I know there are a number of them up north in the Seattle/Eastside area, and south, but they sure seem rare in the Tacoma/Puyallup area.

Bill

OrientExpress said:
Here in the SF bay area, the SF BayLeafs is the largest Leaf owners association in the world, with over 300 members and over 200 cars. None of our members have ever reported having to be towed or seen a Leaf being towed. Not to say that it does not happen, but to say that it is a common sight is quite a stretch.
Actually, I was towed, from Gilroy to Morgan Hill, due to a blown tire. And I've been at several BayLeafs meetings, including #1.

Ray

I've never seen a LEAF by the side of the road or on a flatbed. There are quite a few in Portland area. Maybe having 4 QC helps :D . (All within 5 miles from each-other :? )

As for us over 12000 miles with no issues.

Back