Anyone still want an EV1?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the only "whole" EV1 was in the Smithsonian. But even that one was missing a crucial component that prevents it from actully running.

There are others around but they were donated. Some of the colleges have returned them to a running state but that is all. Those photos were of a car in AZ, hence just the rear blue/white alt fuel plate, no front plate like a CA car would have had.

jimcmorr said:
I thought the only "whole" EV1 was in the Smithsonian. But even that one was missing a crucial component that prevents it from actully running.

Skywagon said:
There are others around but they were donated. Some of the colleges have returned them to a running state but that is all.

The Peterson Auto Museum here in LA has one too. But I don't think it runs at all.

My understanding is GM owns or controls all EV1s and none are permitted to run. They are for historical display only.
I call bogus on anyone that thinks they can buy this and just drive it around.

"The oil company's bought them all and crushed them"

And here all along I thought it was GM who leased them, took them back, and then crushed them... :?

Skywagon said:
There are others around but they were donated. Some of the colleges have returned them to a running state but that is all. Those photos were of a car in AZ, hence just the rear blue/white alt fuel plate, no front plate like a CA car would have had.

I know Vanderbilt University's engineering school had one. I had classes right next to the shop where the car was kept. It was that same green color too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewg8yawjn-M[/youtube]

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/found-another-ev1-cleveland-all-places-12452.html

IMHO a real EV1 would be worth much more. Patents are running out so somebody, probably a foreign company, could sell an EV with a range greater than the Leaf at a much lower cost because they would have no development costs. And while I really like my Leaf, I think that the EV1 was a more attractive car.

Back