Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amtoro said:
Congrats! you drove off the lot exactly 24h after I did.

Where are you located? maybe we can meet and if needed one day, we can count on each other's garage as a remote charging station. It will be my pleasure to let you use mine if you are ever in Douglasville.

If you're cutting it close on charge - I'm right off 92 on the way to Douglasville. :)

gscobey said:
I got a call this morning from my dealer saying that someone had just orphaned a car that had the exact same configuration as the one I had ordered, and that I could take it home today if I wanted. He worked with me to get the reservation fee worked out and the Carwings switched over, and I drove home an hour ago with my new black leaf. We have already had several family members come over for a test drive :)

So excited to be 100% electric!

Great news! Congratulations! The anticipation is killing me...any day now. :mrgreen:
My employer is working on some EV parking spots. I won't need charging unless going out after work in the other direction.
But of course I'll park there. After all, isn't part of being a responsible EV owner spreading the word?

widgetboy said:
Great news! Congratulations! The anticipation is killing me...any day now. :mrgreen:
My employer is working on some EV parking spots. I won't need charging unless going out after work in the other direction.

But of course I'll park there. After all, isn't part of being a responsible EV owner spreading the word?

Don't just park there! Your employer will think he wasted the money if you don't charge there too from time to time. AND leave a note on your windshield with your (at work) contact info, if you do park there without plugging in, so another EV driver can contact you in case he DOES need to charge. :)

widgetboy said:
My delivery date went from "Week of Dec 19th" to "pending" sometime over the weekend.
I'm in the South Fulton area of Atlanta and will be taking delivery in Union City.

The wait is nearly over. I got a call from the dealer... My LEAF is in! I'll probably get it Friday after work. :D :D :D

widgetboy said:
widgetboy said:
My delivery date went from "Week of Dec 19th" to "pending" sometime over the weekend.
I'm in the South Fulton area of Atlanta and will be taking delivery in Union City.

The wait is nearly over. I got a call from the dealer... My LEAF is in! I'll probably get it Friday after work. :D :D :D

OK, I picked up my LEAF tonight. Very nice experience with the dealer.
Now, how do I know what LEAF # mine is?

Congrads to all the new leaf owners in Atlanta. I didn't know GA Power building had a charger. I will be at the Fox on Tues for the Celtic Woman concert but afraid the trip from Warner Robins GA is over 100 miles so I will not be able to take the leaf.

So far I've put over 300 miles. My longest day drive was last Sunday taking four to a play in Macon. Totaled 80+ miles that day. I have the SPX PowerExpress set at 32A for charging and this week started the timers and 80% charge. No problem with SPX and the Timers. (I'm with Flint Electric and there is no time of day rates with them. It doesn't matter what time of day I charge, the cost is always the same. (of course with a 10kW PV system, I produce between 900 and 1600 kWh per month. (Dec and Jan are the only under 1000kWh months)

Love the drive. Still have a problem wanting to take the keys out of my pocket as I walk to the car in the parking lot.

Wow, wow, we just came back from Midtown and my first spotted LEAFs (and a double-whammy too ;) )

What an awesome sight - anyone here claiming the other two?

leafk.jpg

cracovian said:
Wow, wow, we just came back from Midtown and my first spotted LEAFs (and a double-whammy too ;) )

What an awesome sight - anyone here claiming the other two?

leafk.jpg

Where is that charging station? I wish GA would get off their A$$ and start installing QC stations at all rest areas. I might then be able to drive up to Atlanta and visit everyone. Would love to check out this charging station with the solar panels.

N952JL said:
Where is that charging station? I wish GA would get off their A$$ and start installing QC stations at all rest areas. I might then be able to drive up to Atlanta and visit everyone. Would love to check out this charging station with the solar panels.

Atlantic Station. Park and shop for an hour or two on L2! For me it is enough to mean I can keep up my speed in the HOT lane going home.

The problem with this station is that they'll start charging $3/hour in January I think... I don't think anyone will bite realistically and it's such a waste because it's so nice and inviting for you to "come and shop." It would never pay for itself anyway, it will be so discouraging and it will be covered in weeds soon enough. It should be free forever - the buses that run every 15 mins 24/7 are free, so what's another couple of bucks every day...

cracovian said:
The problem with this station is that they'll start charging $3/hour in January I think... I don't think anyone will bite realistically and it's such a waste because it's so nice and inviting for you to "come and shop." It would never pay for itself anyway, it will be so discouraging and it will be covered in weeds soon enough. It should be free forever - the buses that run every 15 mins 24/7 are free, so what's another couple of bucks every day...

I agree. one hour of L2 is only 3.3kW which means about 1.00 per kW. That is 10 times what I'm charged at home. Now if it was QC charging, I would be willing to pay for 30 mins at 3.00/hr. That would give me a 80% or about 20 kW for 1.50. That would be just under eight cents per kWh which is just under what Flint Electric charges me. Now if they changed and charged 3.00 to park period, without a time limit. Then I would consider it, just to park and shop.

They have three L2s and a few L1s that are just outlets... I wonder if you need a code for those. I suspect you could trickle charge it for free - I may be able to check in a couple of days.

Once they start collecting $, I'll just drive my 12 MPG Trooper - maybe not as clean as the LEAF but it's technically cheaper than paying $3/hour :)

Some "analyst" from GA Power figured that it's equivalent of paying 71 cents for a gallon of gas. I don't know what the H s/he was drinking that morning...

cracovian said:

Don't you have to pay for parking there anyway? When I went to Atlantic station for the drive a LEAF event last February I parked in the garage for $3. Seems like in a city you wwould expect to pay for parking. I would then consider the charge to be no extra cost accompanying the parking fee. :)

jimcmorr said:
cracovian said:

Don't you have to pay for parking there anyway? When I went to Atlantic station for the drive a LEAF event last February I parked in the garage for $3. Seems like in a city you wwould expect to pay for parking. I would then consider the charge to be no extra cost accompanying the parking fee. :)

Nope - the only reason we go there is IKEA... it's all free and around the corner. I hope free charging is coming to our IKEA and that will be the final nail in the coffin of this station... Like I said, it's amazing now but about to get useless.

cracovian said:
The problem with this station is that they'll start charging $3/hour in January I think...

The solar panels and associated circuitry are expensive, someone has to pay for it.. You want to be green right?..

Reasons for going EV:
1. Green
2. Low cost fuel
3. using a domestically produced fuel
4. mechanical simplicity of the vehicle

Herm said:
The solar panels and associated circuitry are expensive, someone has to pay for it.. You want to be green right?..

Reasons for going EV:
1. Green
2. Low cost fuel

Excellent reasons. I might feel compelled to add more:

If you lean left, then going "Green" should be high on your list.
If you lean right, then (1) stopping the importation of oil and (2) supporting domestic energy sources instead, helps (3) stop the financial support of mass murdering dictatorships so that (4) we don't ever need to send thousands of our soldiers to their graves defending our addiction to resources controlled by monsters and their militaries, (5) all while spending LESS!
That's the explanation I give to all the coworkers who enter my office asking why someone who leans right would buy an electric car!

tharcaps said:
Herm said:

Reasons for going EV:
1. Green
2. Low cost fuel

If you lean right, then (1) stopping the importation of oil and (2) supporting domestic energy sources instead, helps (3) stop the financial support of mass murdering dictatorships so that (4) we don't ever need to send thousands of our soldiers to their graves defending our addiction to resources controlled by monsters and their militaries, (5) all while spending LESS!
That's the explanation I give to all the coworkers who enter my office asking why someone who leans right would buy an electric car!

As one who doesn't know his left from his right, these are all good reasons to present to inquirers of both persuasions.

:D

First of all, whoever was on the right and stayed the course in the past decade is considered a communist liberal by those who just went insane... But without getting political I understand the equipment was expensive and someone had to pay for it. What I'm saying is that, aside from dire emergencies, no one in the right mind will use that station at that rate, period. I myself don't have to; it's a convenience. Either way, even at full capacity, it would not break even for a decade. Buses are paid for by local businesses at the Atlantic Station and so should this station. It will fail and just look stupid all empty with unused equipment with free GA Power and upcoming IKEA charging nearby.

tharcaps said:
Herm said:

Reasons for going EV:
1. Green
2. Low cost fuel

That's "right" alright but straight out of the 80s, man... Back when Reagan was raising taxes on the rich and preached socialized healthcare while asking Gorbachov (nicely) to take the wall down. If you don't go to war now you support terrorism and if you want our military home, you don't support the troops who fight for your freedom in Iraq and goat lands, you know, the people who brought the towers down. Meanwhile, the Saudis are our eternal friends, so if you don't buy gas you probably support even more terrorism. Admit it, you're just a dirty communist and a tree hugger...

From my point of view, the city of Atlanta made a very poor decision by installing that solar array; it sure is nice to see PV cells working, but why spending fifty thousand dollars or more when they could just have installed the charging stations for about $1500 each?

I understand that the city would want to recover their investment, that is fair, but the investment should not have been so high to start with.

I would pay per kWh come january if I really needed it, but again, I had enough charge and would not have stopped at the charging spot on saturday (the silver leaf is ours) if I had to pay for it. The shops there received my dollars for some coats, pants and a couple of coffees this weekend, because I had the opportunity to charge for free (about 2hr or $0.45 of electricity at commercial rates).

How many of you would want to sign a letter to IKEA requesting at least couple of charging stations? They could evaluate the use and think about adding more later.

I can write the letter and if a good number of you want to sign it, we can either send individual copies or meet at the front door on an agreed Saturday at an agreed time and sign it and deliver it ourselves.

Who is with me? :?:

Back