Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my reservation on Thursday, spoke with Gwennet Nissan on Friday. I will need to get pass the charger portal before they can give me a quote. I have home eval scheduled for aug 22, I am trying to get the vendor to sale the charger outright so that when the guy shows up he can install it. all he needs is 20 ft of cable and a circuit breaker. They don't carry them on their service trucks and there is no need to come out twice, ( big waste of money and time) I have escallated it to the vendor's customer service folks. I intend to make a trade in and cash difference. Some dealers who want more than MSRP are not going to get my business or other buyers due to the increase price with standard options that folks don't want. Many Dealers in the Georgia area are now certified, it envolved, training techs, having a bay to service the cars. $1500 to 2k under MSRP is normal from Teir 1 sales. We will see how we do and post it. So far the folks at Gwennet have been great to work with and are getting educated in the Leaf process along the way. I would hate to ditch them for a difference in price and wouldn't unless it was a lot of difference.

MGW said:
I'm not a fan of the allocations myself.

I was given 1 for the month of August and have 3 RAQ's.
Welcome to MNL.

The allocations are indeed not great for smaller dealers and help larger dealers. But I guess this was done to placate dealers who cribbed about smaller dealers undercutting the larger dealers.

evnow said:
MGW said:
I'm not a fan of the allocations myself.

I was given 1 for the month of August and have 3 RAQ's.
Welcome to MNL.

The allocations are indeed not great for smaller dealers and help larger dealers. But I guess this was done to placate dealers who cribbed about smaller dealers undercutting the larger dealers.

And this helps the consumers, how?

Leaftogo1 said:
I made my reservation on Thursday, spoke with Gwennet Nissan on Friday. I will need to get pass the charger portal before they can give me a quote. I have home eval scheduled for aug 22, I am trying to get the vendor to sale the charger outright so that when the guy shows up he can install it. all he needs is 20 ft of cable and a circuit breaker. They don't carry them on their service trucks and there is no need to come out twice, ( big waste of money and time) I have escallated it to the vendor's customer service folks. I intend to make a trade in and cash difference. Some dealers who want more than MSRP are not going to get my business or other buyers due to the increase price with standard options that folks don't want. Many Dealers in the Georgia area are now certified, it envolved, training techs, having a bay to service the cars. $1500 to 2k under MSRP is normal from Teir 1 sales. We will see how we do and post it. So far the folks at Gwennet have been great to work with and are getting educated in the Leaf process along the way. I would hate to ditch them for a difference in price and wouldn't unless it was a lot of difference.

You can get a waiver for the home assessment if you are not planning to go with Nissan's AV charging station. Then you can proceed to the next step. I don't know if anyone with a new reservation has gotten to RAQ yet. I wonder if they will move forward quickly or if there is another roadblock lurking out there.

Good luck!

It appears that the fastest route to ordering the Leaf was to go ahead and purchase the dock charger, have my own choice of electrician install it, thus Nissan CS said they will approve me by end of week to get the RAQ done on the portal. Aeroviroment had to change web site qui on portal to allow me to order unit on Credit Card, they told me to ignore the two week delivery time that they ship in 3 days and Dock Charger should be here by Friday or Saturday at latest. I have an Electrician lined up to install it on a Saturday so I am home when it is being done. It is cost wise about the same amount for installing a Hot Tub 240v installation. We'll see how it pans out. I got the waver done via Nissan Cust service call this morning as well.

I got my EVSE installed today :D ! I worked through metroplugin.com. They work with Clipper Creek and Pat Murphy Electric. The EVSE was $995 and the installation was a flat rate $700. It may not be least expensive way to go, but it was good to work with people who had installed EVSEs before. Now I can move our deep freeze back to the garage!

nogajim said:
I got my EVSE installed today :D ! I worked through metroplugin.com. They work with Clipper Creek and Pat Murphy Electric. The EVSE was $995 and the installation was a flat rate $700. It may not be least expensive way to go, but it was good to work with people who had installed EVSEs before. Now I can move our deep freeze back to the garage!

The Nissian vendor for the charger said with the dock and installation they run near to 2k so your ahead of the price. I have ordered the doc and looking for an installer. It should maybe arrive this week and Nissan said I should be getting my email to RAQ this week as well. Got the waver,Got a CS form to fill out and let them know the lag time they have on home inspection, quote, install of the EVSE is just dumb. The Govt rebates are going to end dec 31st so I am pushing to get it all done way before they get slammed.

Got my RAQ from Gwennett Place Nissan at $38,235.00
2012 SL Trim
Glacier Pearl
Kick Plates
Splash Guards
Floor & Cargo Mats

Unable to get a firm quote with Trade in due to it could change within 90 day wait for delivery.
Doing Dock Charger by waver, then purchased $995 + shipping from Aerovirnment. having Pat Murphy Elec.
to do the install.

I am under the understanding the Tax incentatives both Fed and State will end Dec 31st, 2011. I am hoping to get ur done
way before then.

Leaftogo1 said:
I am under the understanding the Tax incentatives both Fed and State will end Dec 31st, 2011. I am hoping to get ur done
way before then.
Federal tax credit doesn't start phasing out until Nissan sells 200,000 EVs. No problem in near future.

davewill said:
Leaftogo1 said:
way before then.
Federal tax credit doesn't start phasing out until Nissan sells 200,000 EVs. No problem in near future.

Whew that is good to hear, I guess the ending Dec 31st, was to get people motivated to get the leaf as soon as possiable. Still with what is happening in washington, that new 12 Congressional tax dogs could cut them, never know.

Leaftogo1 said:
davewill said:
Leaftogo1 said:
way before then.

Whew that is good to hear, I guess the ending Dec 31st, was to get people motivated to get the leaf as soon as possiable. Still with what is happening in washington, that new 12 Congressional tax dogs could cut them, never know.

<JMHO>
It would seem to me that cutting the tax credit for electric vehicles would be short sighted. Going to electric for personal transportation needs will help reduce our need for foreign oil and reduce the risk to national security that using foreign oil implies.

It would seem to me since Democrats tend to be more favorable to the environmental issues that they might be more inclined to keep that tax credit. Republicans may back the tax credit on national security issues. Just a thought.
</JMHO>

I'm down here in Warner Robins GA with a April 2010 reservation. I have submitted a RAQ to 5 Star in WR over a week ago and still have not had a response. I want to lease and they cannot determine if they can apply the Ga Tax Credit as well as the Federal. On the phone, they are clueless as to the leasing arangements. I'm also working with one other dealer north of Macon. I got him to tell me, he will not be able to give me any real information until I submitt a RAQ.

Does anyone have any information about applying the GA tax credit towards a lease like you can the Federal tax credit?

You will not get GA tax credit on the lease - purchase only. The $7500 reduction is included in the lease terms from Nissan, so you won't be able to get anything additional on your Fed tax returns from that either.

My estimated delivery now shows November 2011, so I'm not sure how accurate that is but any later than that and I'm not buying it... Any chance (based on CA experience, for example) we could get them sooner?

N952JL said:
I'm down here in Warner Robins GA with a April 2010 reservation. I have submitted a RAQ to 5 Star in WR over a week ago and still have not had a response. I want to lease and they cannot determine if they can apply the Ga Tax Credit as well as the Federal. On the phone, they are clueless as to the leasing arangements. I'm also working with one other dealer north of Macon. I got him to tell me, he will not be able to give me any real information until I submitt a RAQ.

Does anyone have any information about applying the GA tax credit towards a lease like you can the Federal tax credit?

Nothing that I can state with a high degree of confidence (considering that I live in NH but that I am moving to Georgia in three weeks) but I did read something about it. I believe it is a tax credit applied to your Georgia income tax which can be carried forward if you don't have enough tax burden to use it all up in the first year. This can be carried forward up to five years.

I'm sorry, I don't have a citation for you but I think I Googled "georgia electric car tax credit" or something like that.

cracovian said:
You will not get GA tax credit on the lease - purchase only. The $7500 reduction is included in the lease terms from Nissan, so you won't be able to get anything additional on your Fed tax returns from that either.

My estimated delivery now shows November 2011, so I'm not sure how accurate that is but any later than that and I'm not buying it... Any chance (based on CA experience, for example) we could get them sooner?

Do you have a citation for this law? I found it once but I don't have the citation and I don't remember seeing anything that excluded leasing.

Leaftogo1 said:
2012 SL Trim
Glacier Pearl
Kick Plates
Splash Guards
Floor & Cargo Mats

Those are the same accessories that I got on my SL and my quote was the MSRP $37,685. I thought you decided not to pay over MSRP, just saying...

jimcmorr said:
N952JL said:
Do you have a citation for this law? I found it once but I don't have the citation and I don't remember seeing anything that excluded leasing.

Wow, wow - it appears I was wrong on this one and you do get 5K on the lease - very cool... that's amazing:

http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/levzev_fs.pdf

cracovian said:
Wow, wow - it appears I was wrong on this one and you do get 5K on the lease - very cool... that's amazing:

http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/levzev_fs.pdf

The Georgia tax credit applies to purchase and lease equally, however, it can only be filed by the taxpayer. That said, if you have the $5000 in the bank, put them down and claim the credit in your next taxes; it will save you the financing cost of borrowing that money, specially in the lease, where all the interest is added at the beginning and then split equally among the payments.

cracovian said:
Leaftogo1 said:
2012 SL Trim
Glacier Pearl
Kick Plates
Splash Guards
Floor & Cargo Mats

Those are the same accessories that I got on my SL and my quote was the MSRP $37,685. I thought you decided not to pay over MSRP, just saying...

That is with the accessories added to the MSRP that was on the site, the car was $37, 235 then it added up to $38,285.00? I am pushing them for an Itemized quote and they will not pony it up. Called around and other dealers are starting at the MSRP for sale then add all the accesories and charges, time to take advantage it seems to sale one.

I've got my charger from Aerovironment $995.00 + 50 shipping. Sawnee has a PEV-1 plan that puts in a seperate meter at base charge $21.00 per month and .0415 per kwh. for off peak usage 8pm to 8am. I think minus the monthly 21 bucks that is about 30 cents a day to charge. Roughly $35.oo total a month compared to currently $350 per month in gas for getting to and from work daily.. :lol:

Leaftogo1 said:
I've got my charger from Aerovironment $995.00 + 50 shipping. Sawnee has a PEV-1 plan that puts in a seperate meter at base charge $21.00 per month and .0415 per kwh. for off peak usage 8pm to 8am. I think minus the monthly 21 bucks that is about 30 cents a day to charge. Roughly $35.oo total a month compared to currently $350 per month in gas for getting to and from work daily.. :lol:

It sounds like a deal but it'd be cheaper just to keep your existing plan (probably around 8-9 cents during the summer, cheaper in the fall) and not pay the separate monthly base charge again. 7 kWH daily will not get you far, so check your calculations again but, seriously, consider keeping it all on one bill no matter what. You will save more that way, especially in GA.

Back