Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reps Miller and Peachtree Industrial @ 4:00pm today. Still no takers. Man I see this thing so much I feel like I should stop him and tell him about this forum.

Bad News, Good News, No News?

This morning our Leaf only charged to 9 bars for 80%, but I think it is just the temperature of the garage. It was 74.0% (208 GIDS). Yesterday I got 10 bars, 74.3% and 209 GIDS. The garage is 81.5 degrees today, 80.5 yesterday. So it was just the tiniest of differences in charge. I only got 9 bars once before on 6-21, but I don't have the GID reading for that day. I think we will keep it away from the 100 degree temps if we can. I am consistently getting 6 bars on the battery temp for the last few weeks.

Your LEAF is toast - I can still buy it off you for 10K for scrap metal though. PM me.

Mine went up to seven bars today but that's still right in the middle of normal... I can't believe I have to worry about this stuff now...

cracovian said:
Your LEAF is toast - I can still buy it off you for 10K for scrap metal though. PM me.

Mine went up to seven bars today but that's still right in the middle of normal... I can't believe I have to worry about this stuff now...
I'll buy yours for 9! :lol:

Jim, I always thought that GA will be immune to GID loss, but it appears that you close to some folks here. What is interesting that if you can still get 10 on 80% after some to 9 bars, GID is around 208-209, that was also reported here. Wonder how you park your car during summer months??

EdmondLeaf said:
Jim, I always thought that GA will be immune to GID loss, but it appears that you close to some folks here. What is interesting that if you can still get 10 on 80% after some to 9 bars, GID is around 208-209, that was also reported here. Wonder how you park your car during summer months??

I think the heat wave is making the degradation look worse than it is. This is the first time over 100 degrees since 2010. I haven't been writing down GIDS that much, but I recorded 228 for 80% three months ago. I didn't lose 20 gids that fast. I am looking forward to a break in the weather to show some recovery in numbers.

Our Leaf stays in the home garage during the summer. Wherever we are going is usually paved surface parking. It is 104 out and now 85 in our garage.

EV4th.jpgThe EV Club of the South paraded in the Dunwoody 4th of July Parade: 3 Leafs, 2 Tesla Roadsters, 2 Prius conversions, a Sparrow, a Volt, and a Zap. It was great!

Anyone going to get a free charger via EV Project? Kind of sounds too good to be true :shock:

EV Project press release:
http://www.theevproject.com/downloads/pressreleases/20120801_ECOtality_Atlanta.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got this car cover custom fit for the LEAF. It even has a charge port access flap:
http://www.carcoverplanet.com/nissan-leaf_silverguard-car-cover.html
I am hoping this will alleviate some of the thermal build up when the car is outside for longer periods. It has a silvery surface which should reflect a lot of the sun's energy.

Well, we have our NH house sold again. Closing on 13Aug12. We have a sales agreement on a new house in a development near our daughter in Cumming. We hope to close on that on or before 30Aug12. It will be good when we can get settled! Looking forward to being in GA and near the grandkids. :D

Chris30269 said:
Anyone going to get a free charger via EV Project? Kind of sounds too good to be true :shock:

http://www.theevproject.com/downloads/pressreleases/20120801_ECOtality_Atlanta.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lots of people have gotten them in the first 5 states. I think they had some problems with them at first, but they seem to be more reliable now. Check the Blink threads on the forum.

jimcmorr said:
Well, we have our NH house sold again. Closing on 13Aug12. We have a sales agreement on a new house in a development near our daughter in Cumming. We hope to close on that on or before 30Aug12. It will be good when we can get settled! Looking forward to being in GA and near the grandkids. :D
Congratulations! How are you going to move your Leaf? ;)

I will hire an auto transporter. I toyed with the idea of hauling it behind the moving truck but since I am not a truck driver I didn't feel comfortable doing that. It would have cost me almost $500 anyway so I figured the extra I would pay the transporter would be worth it for the peace of mind. And he would be responsible if something were to happen. :)

Good to hear that Jim, don't forget that once you have your car registered in GA, you can call the state's Dept. of Revenue and inquire about the tax credit; they had told me before that they can work with new residents like you, to approve a part, or even the full $5,000. I guess it is a one-by-one assessment.

In regards to the Blink charging stations, I got the electrician's visit scheduled for this afternoon; they submit the result and if all goes well, I will qualify for the program. :D

Anyone know if the Georgia state income tax rebates are available on 24 month leases? I didn't see any restrictions in the document I read.

Chris30269 said:

Yes, I'm planning on it. I was very happy to see the expansion happen before I'm able to get my LEAF!
As previously stated, looking at the Blink threads, there seems to have been some troubles, but it has got better. :D

gergg said:
Anyone know if the Georgia state income tax rebates are available on 24 month leases? I didn't see any restrictions in the document I read.
It definitely applies to purchase or lease. I don't seeing any length-of-lease restrictions either. :)

So I just had an electrician come in to look at my garage and work on the quote to get the free blink station installed. We're going with the cheapest setup (up to 3 feet of cabling right next to the modern 200 amp box) but he's already conditioning me for an inflated labor cost ("it takes $200 alone to get county permits set up!") Ecototality gives you $400 for the install but I suspect it will be a drop in the bucket for the charger I don't even need... We'll see next week.

Now after almost a year we start getting free chargers. I bought my SPX Power Express last Oct for the intro price, then paid 125.00 for my electrian wire in a plug where I wanted it. It is a dedicated circuit on a 40 amp breaker, with 50 amp rated cable in the wall. Since the Leaf is only 3.3kw charger, I chose to leave the SPX at default 32 amp setting. I don't use a stop time, but have my timers set for 11:30pm every night. But since I rarely put more than 25 miles/day on the car, I don't recharge every night, just every two or three nights. So far I have not had a problem with the SPX and the entire setup was under 1,000.00 from start to finish and that includes sales tax and shipping.

During July my battery temps in the afternoons were seven bars, but normally is six. I still get 10 bars for an 80% charge. But if my odometer is correct I only get about 65 miles per 80% charge. The GOM will show 77 but when I add milage driven with Range left at recharge time, I never seem to be at 70 and always more like 60 something. Never brothers me much as I still get two to three days between charges. I live in Warner Robins GA. I know I can never go north of Macon or south of Perry so I don't even try. No where to charge in middle GA except Nissan dealers and my home.

Back