Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
widgetboy said:
Does Walgreens require you to stay with the vehicle while it's charging? Is a purchase required?
Can I park it and come back in a couple hours?

ive left mine for hours before.

charge2.jpg

Made an 85 mile round trip to Athens without stopping to refuel, but Walgreens gave me peace of mind. I blew past Nissan of Athens because I knew there was an EVSE at Walgreens 2 mi from my home. I had just hit Low Battery at 8 mi on the GOM and had 6 mi left when I passed Walgreens. Still had 6 when I got home. I was going to cruise the neighborhood to see where "turtle" lives, but I wanted to get it charging in case I need it again tonight.

Does anyone have a contact within the Atlanta administration to ask about the quick charging stations that Nissan donated?

I hope the local bureaucracy does not decide to let them rot in a basement.

I think right now we're just waiting on Nissan to actually manufacture them. As far as I know, they don't actually even exist yet... Last word was for spring.

I went to the local Mitsubishi dealer a couple of weeks ago to "meet" the i-MiEV in person and I took it for a spin.

I liked its handling and overall simplicity, a bit like my first car, a Daewoo Tico.

I still see no comparison with the LEAF, it is very spartan and lacks too many conveniences to be only $3k less that the Nissan.

However, I was very excited when I saw one on the road yesterday in Douglasville; I waved at the driver and he waved back.

I ordered a couple of decals for the side of the car, they read "100% electric" and in combination with the Zero emission, it now looks like the pre-production model.

I have another set, if anyone is interested, send me a PM

Some pics.

29fc5f1a92c711e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

64fb4d1a92c711e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

53bbf99692c711e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

amtoro said:
toasty said:
amtoro said:
I went to the local Mitsubishi dealer a couple of weeks ago to "meet" the i-MiEV in person and I took it for a spin.

which dealer?

Jim Ellis in Marietta

They've been sitting on those original six i-MiEVs for weeks now. They haven't sold a single one.

I was the first one to test drive it (I also had a pre-order going back to the launch date) but they're way too expensive (finally discounting them $500 this month) and with no leasing option, they're pretty much DOA.

16363998.jpg

Is the $5000 state tax credit still available for Leaf purchases this year....knowing of course that the credit would not be given until sometime in 2013.

gergg said:
Is the $5000 state tax credit still available for Leaf purchases this year....knowing of course that the credit would not be given until sometime in 2013.
I think so, but you should check some of the links in this thread to the dnr site to be sure. I still haven't gotten my refund, by the way. You have to file a hard copy, which I did in early Feb.

According to the dealer, you can still get the GA credit for this year. Not sure about next year, though.

On a side note, who wants to claim the blue LEAF I saw yesterday in Norcross? I can post a picture if needed, as I was so excited to see my first one in the wild I had to stop and snap it.

According to the dealer, you can still get the GA credit for this year. Not sure about next year, though.
That's what I thought too.

On a side note, who wants to claim the blue LEAF I saw yesterday in Norcross? I can post a picture if needed, as I was so excited to see my first one in the wild I had to stop and snap it.
Not me as I don't own one yet.......I have not seen a Leaf yet, and I commute 80 miles a day. Speaing about my 80 mile commute, I'd love to have a 2nd EV for my commute, but the 80 miles is on the edge of doable, man I wish there was a reasonably priced EV that got 100 real world driving miles.

I just wanted to share that I saw a Coda sedan driving on Camp Creek at Fulton Industrial; it was grey with a BIG "CODA electric" decal on the side with the outline of a cord and a plug.

Very happy to see another EV brand besides our LEAFs and the two Mitsubishi i that I have seen so far.

ztanos said:

We picked up our 2012 Cayenne Red Leaf this past Saturday. I've yet to see another Leaf on the road as of yet. When ours is out and about it will mostly be in the Alpharetta/Roswell area.

mycayredleaf said:
ztanos said:

We picked up our 2012 Cayenne Red Leaf this past Saturday. I've yet to see another Leaf on the road as of yet. When ours is out and about it will mostly be in the Alpharetta/Roswell area.

Drive through both areas everyday on my way from Canton to Norcross, so I'll make sure to wave when I see your red one. :lol:

amtoro said:
I just wanted to share that I saw a Coda sedan driving on Camp Creek at Fulton Industrial; it was grey with a BIG "CODA electric" decal on the side with the outline of a cord and a plug.

Very happy to see another EV brand besides our LEAFs and the two Mitsubishi i that I have seen so far.

I called CODA to inquire; the sedan I saw belongs to their area representative and it is a prototype vehicle (I don't know if they meant pre-production). This person is in charge of setting up the distribution network in the area by making alliances with local car dealerships that will sell the CODA alongside their own vehicles.

The person on the phone said that we should have news about the launching of the sedan in the region in about 3 to 4 months.

Hey, I saw my 1st Leaf ever this morning and thought it might be you.....On Alpharetta Highway just south of Old Milton Parkway(across from the McDonalds) Red Leaf was heading North at approx 7am, if it wasn't you, well then there is another one around town.

amtoro said:
amtoro said:

I called CODA to inquire; the sedan I saw belongs to their area representative and it is a prototype vehicle (I don't know if they meant pre-production). This person is in charge of setting up the distribution network in the area by making alliances with local car dealerships that will sell the CODA alongside their own vehicles.

The person on the phone said that we should have news about the launching of the sedan in the region in about 3 to 4 months.

any pics?

Back