Anyone have a problem launching the iPhone app?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevintari

Just got my Leaf today...got Carwings launched no problem, but for some reason the iPhone app isn't accepting my user name and password. Anyone else have this problem?

Tried restarting the phone, relaunching the app...nothing.

Have you tried logging in to the owner's portal yet? I'm assuming so, since that's where you get your carwings pin. Make sure you're using the owner's portal username/password in the iPhone app, not the carwings pin/password.

kevintari said:
A-HA! Your'e a genius!
Not really. I just had the same problem. :lol:
kevintari said:
Now can you tell me why the timer in the car isn't turning the charger on?
Probably not, no. I don't use charge timers myself. But I do know that when you have one set and plug in you should see the blue lights on the dash blink from 1 to 2 to 3 and repeat for about 15 minutes. If it doesn't do that then its not recognizing your timer. I think you not only have to set the timer in the car's menus, but you have to turn it on too. Just because it's set doesn't mean it's on... If you haven't already, you may want to take a good look at the charging section of the owner's manual and see if there's something in there that might clue you in to what's wrong.

My Leaf iPhone App no longer works. When I touch the app, the Nissan "Shift the way you move" splash screen appears, then the app quits. The app has worked well with my car, since I got my Leaf 1 1/2 years ago. I'm using and iPhone 3s, on operating system 5.1.1. I have restarted the phone repeatedly with no change. I've also repeatedly synced my phone with my computer, which also didn't improve the Leaf app operation. Has anyone else has this problem and found a way to fix it?

dkn said:
My Leaf iPhone App no longer works. When I touch the app, the Nissan "Shift the way you move" splash screen appears, then the app quits. The app has worked well with my car, since I got my Leaf 1 1/2 years ago. I'm using and iPhone 3s, on operating system 5.1.1. I have restarted the phone repeatedly with no change. I've also repeatedly synced my phone with my computer, which also didn't improve the Leaf app operation. Has anyone else has this problem and found a way to fix it?

Have you tried removing the app and downloading it again from the App Store?

Why don't you try Leak Link instead? Much better app, easier to use, more intuitive. Written by a forum member not a corporation with lawyers.

Search for it on the App Store.

mwalsh said:
dkn said:

Have you tried removing the app and downloading it again from the App Store?
I had the same problem, removed the app and downloaded it again, and it worked again for a little while, but now it broke again.

I use another similar app called Green Charge on my iPhone 3gs and had a similar problem login in. Removed the app and downloaded it again as well, and it works now and is still working even though the NissanLEAF app broke again. As long as Green Charge is still working, I won't bother trying the Nissan LEAF app again unless Green Charge stops working again.

Called Nissan Customer Care an hour ago to see if there was a server problem on their end. After piercing through the rep's ridiculous replies to my direct question asking if the servers were down - "How long have you had an account?" etc. - he confirmed the issue, and said the problem started this a.m. and that they were working on it.

Why is it so hard for customer service to simply acknowledge there is a problem on their end? Totally unacceptable and counterproductive. Hmm...but this IS Nissan, is there a pattern here???

Just used Live Chat to talk to Amanda. I explained that smartphone access has been down since yesterday. She said, "I truly apologize for the inconvenience, we are aware of this issue and we working to a fix." however she couldn't give me an estimate as to when it would be fixed.

Strangely, smartphone access is down, but the Owner's Portal is working.

Just got a call back from Amanda at LEAF Support. She says smartphone connectivity should be back up. Just tested and it works for me at the moment (although login was really slow).

richard said:
Just got a call back from Amanda at LEAF Support. She says smartphone connectivity should be back up. Just tested and it works for me at the moment (although login was really slow).

It's down for me since yesterday morning at 6:27AM on 10 Oct 2012 PDT and still down at 9:40PM on 11th. Nothing responds in talking to the car but the car downloads station updates and doesn't show any flags or warnings. I even pulled the TCM fuse to reset the telematics yesterday but still nothing updates outside the car.

Back