Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice drive using my new privilege today! Not normally something I'd consider during the morning commute....the traffic generally flows too fast in that lane. But I saw an opportunity in a truck that appeared to be traveling at a steady 65, so I tucked in behind him. So he was the one causing the traffic to move at that speed, rather than me. ;) It actually came in somewhat useful because there were pockets of minor slowing. :D

It will be more useful for the drive home. Maybe not today, because Mondays aren't generally so harsh. But certainly later in the week. And volume tends to hold the speeds down in the afternoon, so having to keep up shouldn't be a concern. But even if I did need to stay with the flow, no real concerns over conserving energy on the way home like there are on the way in.

Still waiting for both here... I wish there was a number to call to check up on this.

Edit:

One can try:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Field Office
Phone number: (916) 657-8035

mwalsh said:
Nice drive using my new privilege today! Not normally something I'd consider during the morning commute....the traffic generally flows too fast in that lane. But I saw an opportunity in a truck that appeared to be traveling at a steady 65, so I tucked in behind him. So he was the one causing the traffic to move at that speed, rather than me. ;) It actually came in somewhat useful because there were pockets of minor slowing. :D

It will be more useful for the drive home. Maybe not today, because Mondays aren't generally so harsh. But certainly later in the week. And volume tends to hold the speeds down in the afternoon, so having to keep up shouldn't be a concern. But even if I did need to stay with the flow, no real concerns over conserving energy on the way home like there are on the way in.

I was able to use mine twice this morning in the HOV lanes getting on the highway bypassing traffic at the metering lights. Nice. :) I haven't been brave enough to try the actual HOV lane unless I saw a truck doing what your's did. ;)

mwalsh said:

I was just wondering about that, Mike, and I actually logged on to ask about whether using the HOV lane on your commute was actually an attractive proposition or not, given the speed/energy usage consideration. You and Jimmy answered my question.

Boomer23 said:
I was just wondering about that, Mike, and I actually logged on to ask about whether using the HOV lane on your commute was actually an attractive proposition or not, given the speed/energy usage consideration. You and Jimmy answered my question.
I wonder just WHY the HOV lane should be used to waste as much energy as possible by driving over the limit? The times that I've used the carpool lane, I've really not felt much sympathy for the jerks that want to drive 85. I typically do just under 70, and see no reason to give up the HOV lane advantages because they want to pretend they're in NASCAR.

Of course, if we follow that logic to its conclusion, neither EVs or Hybrids should be allowed in as they are most efficient and pollute least (hybrids) in stop and go traffic outside the HOV lanes...

davewill said:
Boomer23 said:
I was just wondering about that, Mike, and I actually logged on to ask about whether using the HOV lane on your commute was actually an attractive proposition or not, given the speed/energy usage consideration.

To Jimmy's point, the big savings on my prius with the stickers was always the metered on-ramps.

To the point of driving too fast, I use the San Diego I-15 lanes daily and I swear the CHP have a substation atop one of the ramps in a park and ride lot or something because they are ALWAYS shooting Ka up and down. It definitely keeps the traffic slower and they show no signs of letting up...

LEAFer said:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.htm

and

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg4048.htm

Yes, apparently you need license plate for both ... at least there's a field you're supposed to fill in with that plate #. Will it be rejected if you don't have it ? Hard to tell, but could cost you oodles of wasted time by the time you find out the application has been rejected (if we go by how long it even takes them to handle the "properly" filled out forms) ... only for you to start the process all over.

Is there a picture of the "parking" decal? Where on the car do you affix the parking decal and how does the parking decal work/or used?

Thx.

mxp said:
Is there a picture of the "parking" decal? Where on the car do you affix the parking decal and how does the parking decal work/or used?

IMG00358.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

Affix to the rear window or rear bumper. Allows you to park in spaces designated as 'Electric Vehicle Only' without fear of citation or tow.

Has anyone in the BayArea submitted FasTrack proof with the HOV application? If so, what "proof" needs to be submitted?
I know this has been debated before (hybrid vs. electric), but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Fabio said:
Has anyone in the BayArea submitted FasTrack proof with the HOV application? If so, what "proof" needs to be submitted?
I know this has been debated before (hybrid vs. electric), but I couldn't find a definitive answer.
I am looking for this answer too. Is FasTrack needed? Anyone can help?

FasTrak is required in CA If you already have one, just call their customer service number and they'll send you the required proof of account immediately. Mine came in one day.

How does one apply for the parking sticker?

malloryk said:
So I still haven't received my parking sticker and the check cashed a week ago. Anyone else not receive their parking sticker?

I received my HOV stickers, but not the parking sticker. As of the other day, only the HOV sticker check has cleared the bank.

Both of my applications were returned in the mail today with no explanation whatsoever...

So, I called Sacramento and spoke to a very nice gal there who went off and did some research. She claims that the green ZEV Parking Stickers are not supposed to be issued until January 2012. I explained that others have already received them but she would not budge on that fact - not until 2012. She had no explanation as to why my HOV sticker application was returned and suggested that I simply resubmit that one... Since I did not have the text of the law in front of me I saw no reason to argue further and I thanked here and hung up. I guess I'll just resubmit.

Very frustrating.

mogur said:
Still waiting for both here... I wish there was a number to call to check up on this.

Edit:

One can try:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Field Office
Phone number: (916) 657-8035

Fabio said:

I received mine without a FasTrack. I believe the FasTrack is only needed for a Hybrid, not for the EV classification.

I just called the DMV Field Office (number 2nd post above) and they informed me that the Vehicle License Number field entey could be left blank, as long as you had the VIN filled in correctly.

So, I will send my forms 1000 and 4048 in ASAP. :D

Back