Anyone find lower than 2.89% for 60 months?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

All,

Dashboard went to pending and I think some of us my have a chance for a December delivery! If so, I am going to purchase vs. Lease so I am trying to get organized. I just qualified for 2.89% for 60 months on a new Leaf purchase through Bank of America. Anyone know of any financing lower than that? I know Nissan does not have anything lower. Please share if you have found a better deal?

Thank you ,

Timaz said:
All,

Dashboard went to pending and I think some of us my have a chance for a December delivery! If so, I am going to purchase vs. Lease so I am trying to get organized. I just qualified for 2.89% for 60 months on a new Leaf purchase through Bank of America. Anyone know of any financing lower than that? I know Nissan does not have anything lower. Please share if you have found a better deal?

Thank you ,

Your dash went to pending that is a bad thing.

I think quite a few of us went pending (myself included). That lined up with the ships arrival yesterday to me could be a bad thing or a good thing.

Timaz said:
Anyone know of any financing lower than that?
One of my credit unions has a promotional 1.99% APR for up to 24 months, set to expire at the end of this year. Since my delivery is likely to be delayed until Mar./April according to what I can glean from this forum, I'm not sure I will be able to take advantage of it unless they renew the offer into 2011, since it is normally only a 60-day commitment. We are going to apply on Dec. 30th anyway, as there is a possibility they would grant an extension on the loan commitment after the fact, according to our preliminary talks with the loan officer.

Here is their ad for the loan program.

TT

Please don't hate me, but I work for a credit union and we get special employee pricing, so my 72m loan rate is only 1.52%. The problem I have is that I'm still on the fence on purchase vs. lease with my 60 mile commute. The low finance rate makes the lease "money rate" difference much more expensive.

That is an excellent rate. Just FYI, the rate went down to 2.67% for 60 months with a preferred dealer. Avondale Nissan in Az qualifies as a preferred dealer, so I will likely go with this rate. Seems like an awesome rate.

Timaz said:
That is an excellent rate. Just FYI, the rate went down to 2.67% for 60 months with a preferred dealer. Avondale Nissan in Az qualifies as a preferred dealer, so I will likely go with this rate. Seems like an awesome rate.
Yes - excellent rate. My CU is doing 2.99 for "green" cars. Penfed is about the same.

ttweed said:
We are going to apply on Dec. 30th anyway, as there is a possibility they would grant an extension on the loan commitment.
Well, we went ahead and locked in our loan @ 1.99% for 24 months on the 30th because the loan officer said she didn't have any indication that their rate special would be extended into the new year. Now I REALLY need Nissan to start ramping up deliveries. We have until Mar 2 to make a deal on a car with this commitment. Even if we were able to get it extended, it would only go to April 1. After that, we would have to start over. Then again, we may end up leasing, so getting pre-approved for the loan will be moot...we'll see.

TT

1.99 is an awesome rate to lose, but at the same time, i dont see any major economic turnaround happening before that especially in your area

A couple people have posted that they got an equal to or better rate than 2.99% x 60 months by going through the dealer for financing.

Kataphn said:
A couple people have posted that they got an equal to or better rate than 2.99% x 60 months by going through the dealer for financing.

Indeed. Connell asked me to give their in-house finance department a shot at matching or beating the PenFed deal. Not so much because they get a commission on the financing, but because they can receive a quicker transfer of the funds from the lenders they're established with. So, since they came back with 2.9% vs. 2.99% and the same terms otherwise, I said fine.

I am trying to get pre approval with Penfed and they want a purchase order. Did anyone get purchase order from a dealer a month before delivery or am I not understanding something in the process?

IBELEAF said:
I am trying to get pre approval with Penfed and they want a purchase order. Did anyone get purchase order from a dealer a month before delivery or am I not understanding something in the process?
Penfed sent me a "blank" check the last time I requested a loan from them.

The current best rate I can get today is 2.49% for 60 months. Anyone knows if Boardwalk Nissan would beat it?

greenleaf said:
IBELEAF said:

The current best rate I can get today is 2.49% for 60 months. Anyone knows if Boardwalk Nissan would beat it?

it shows 2.99%. Where do you get 2.49?

IBELEAF said:
greenleaf said:
IBELEAF said:

it shows 2.99%. Where do you get 2.49?
It's a credit union local to the SF bay area only.

Back