Any one know if CARWINGS IOS app update?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weylan

Any know if we are going to get a new Carwings IOS application update?

While I like some of the things that the IOS app does, I want MORE!

So when do we get a new update?

There was a minor update last month (to 2.0)... but I wouldn't expect significant more car related functionality for this version of the LEAF. The car's core telematics features are baked in as is.

You will, however, see the energy aware route planning features that they are still testing (on the CARWINGS web site) in a future update.

I can't remember when I last used Carwing's Leaf app. I've been using the user developed version, MUCH better than the "official one":

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's currently still in beta, but you can still follow the instructions in the thread and get it on your iPhone/iPad now. It may be weeks before it hits iTunes app store.

I know. I want the ability to start charging, AND to also STOP charging without going to the car!

If you can turn on charging I don't' see why you cant' turn it off... It seems silly...

The wife has a group that does charging in shifts. and not having to go out to turn off the car could be nice.

And I know a users group turned in a bunch of suggestions and hopes, but was wondering if there was any traction on that or if any one has any insight.

I do hope the user supported update of the carwings app goes well and becomes available soon.

I guess I was wonding if I should hope for the best and jump ship to the other application or just wait it out and MAYBE it will change....

It the lack of info that always make me go hummmm....

grommet said:
There was a minor update last month (to 2.0)... but I wouldn't expect significant more car related functionality for this version of the LEAF. The car's core telematics features are baked in as is.

You will, however, see the energy aware route planning features that they are still testing (on the CARWINGS web site) in a future update.

Back