Always Shunting?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update to the Saga;

first some background. I charge to 100% almost daily especially now since we are just finishing the busiest time at work. Since day one pretty much, nearly all the cells are shunting all the time. I averaged 0-6 cell pairs not shunting at any one time.

other day, only a 2 hour afternoon training class and two conference calls on the agenda so did not charge overnight. Instead I plugged in for just over 2 hours. I unplugged and left about 20 minutes later and had 26 cells not shunting. most I have ever seen. left with 85% SOC batt temps in the usual range 55º F. went to training in Tacoma 23 miles away. Come out after training a few hours later its 1:30 in the afternoon. Take off and now have 26 pairs not shunting....

The next day, charged to 100% overnight; all pairs shunting.

This morning; training starts at 1 PM so same thing, did not charge last night. I plugged in for about 2½ hours then take off @ 90% SOC and there were ZERO shunting pairs!

so ok. that is all I have to say on this. I have no thoughts on why this is happening or anything else. its just really strange. Tomorrow working locally then going to Birthday party out of town so will be gassing it. Changed charge strategy a bit and charged for 2 hours early this evening ending the charge at 7. We shall see what the pack looks like in the morning!

Back