Alternative Vehicle Champions - Chattanooga - 10-04-2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimLee

The Society of Environmental Journalists is holding their 23rd annual conference in Chattanooga, TN October 2 to 6, 2013. Second time they've held the conference in Chattanooga.
As an outreach to the public, several events will be open to the public with pre-registration.
Of particular interest is the following:

Breakfast of Alternative Vehicle Champions
Electrifying Cars: The Next Five Years
Friday, October 4, 2013; 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
, $15, Breakfast is served beginning at 7:00 a.m.

Start your morning with a hearty buffet breakfast in the midst of SEJ’s biggest and best auto show and alternative vehicle demo yet. Test-drive and kick the tires on battery electrics, hybrids and alternative-fuel cars, including the US debut of the Volkswagen 261-mpg Volkswagen XL1 Plug-in Diesel Hybrid. (The XL1 will be on display Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon.)
Talk to industry experts, interact with high-tech demos, and stay tuned for announcements about special programs right in the middle of the action. The "Electrifying Cars: The Next Five Years" panel will feature two automakers with Tennessee plants, Volkswagen and Nissan (where the LEAF is manufactured); and alternative vehicle manufacturers General Motors and Toyota.

Moderator: Jim Motavalli, Contributor, The New York Times; Blogger, Car Talk, PlugInCars.com and Mother Nature Network; and Author of seven books, including Forward Drive and High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug in the Car Industry

Speakers:
Jackie Birdsall, Engineer, Toyota Technical Center
Erik Gottfried, Director, Electric Vehicle Sales and Marketing, Nissan
Britta Gross, Director of Advanced Vehicle Commercialization Policy, General Motors
Oliver Schmidt, General Manager, Engineering and Environmental Office, Volkswagen Group of America

Location: Chattanooga Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D, 1150 Carter Street, Chattanooga, TN
Link to registration: http://www.showclix.com/event/SEJPublicEvents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Further details at http://www.sej.org/initiatives/sej-annual-conferences/AC2013-agenda-friday#BrkfstPlenary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, including the second plenary session on Sustainability from 9:00 to 10:30.

Also on Saturday, October 5, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. all the alternative vehicles and other eye-opening technologies will be on display in Exhibit Hall D for public viewing before they are taken down. No fee for this.

I know I don't plan to miss this. Thought others might also be interested.

Back