Alternative for ChargePoint Card?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manich

If possible please direct me to an existing thread that discusses options for a public charging card. Otherwise here is my story/problem:

Bought our Leaf Sept 23, ordered ChargePoint cards Sept 24, after almost 6 weeks, 3 phone calls to support, and still no card delivery, I am looking for an alternative card that would work on ChargePoint Stations. It is kind of scary that a company with my credit card number has such an inept support people. :cry:

thanks

manich said:
If possible please direct me to an existing thread that discusses options for a public charging card. Otherwise here is my story/problem:

Bought our Leaf Sept 23, ordered ChargePoint cards Sept 24, after almost 6 weeks, 3 phone calls to support, and still no card delivery, I am looking for an alternative card that would work on ChargePoint Stations. It is kind of scary that a company so inept, has my credit card number. :cry:

thanks

No alternatives; keep calling. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Have you tried using their app? It can be registered as a card and used to start and stop sessions (which is what I am going to have to do until my replacement cards come in, they wear out after a year on my key ring....)

Your experience may be an anomaly. I got mine in about 10 days. The problem may not be on their end.

Dyefrog said:
Your experience may be an anomaly. I got mine in about 10 days. The problem may not be on their end.
On their support site they didn't even log my last request, so something is missing on their end.

Any RFID-enabled credit card should work on a ChargePoint station. Apple Pay should also work if you have an iPhone (6 or newer) or Apple Watch. I assume that Android Pay would work, too.

I've had a ChargePoint card for a few years but never had a need for it until recently as we have a charger in our garage; needed access when we had the driveway redone. Using the card proved useless at one their charge stations, just wouldn't activate the charger, they did it for me remotely though and that was through the smart phone app. Don't bother getting the card, just use the app, it can also activate the charging station for you.

Actually I think the 1st non-delivery of cards might have been a dropped ball by ChargePoint. After that it is on Zendesk, the contractor that ChargePoint uses for support. It seems impossible to contact a ChargePoint employee about problems. They must not exist.

I guess my next attempt will be to have my wife register and order cards with her credit card, so I can get all the wonderful service everyone else seems to get, that don't have to deal with ChargePoint's support contractor, Zendesk.

Becky50 said:
My experience with the Chargepoint card has been the total opposite. I have used mine twice a month for the past three years in the Santa Cruz, CA area over the past 3 years without a single problem.
I am sure if they would deliver a card to me, my experiences might improve. Can't wait to find out. I have actually not needed one in my 1st 6 weeks of Leaf ownership. Just want to have one on hand for an unexpected emergency, or to be able to schedule a roadtrip.

It is more likely a station has a problem than a card does. If you do not get any response from the station, it is the station.

You can also use regular credit cards, but I don't know what that means at a free station.

Once you use the app to register, you are in the database. The card the system sends is just one access to that entry. If you contact CP while at station, they will let you use that registration.

call - 1 800 758 4389

they always answer..

also, start a new email address and register for a second account with that name... you are allowed to used different email addresses...

Back