Alternate Carwings app for Android and Android Wear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minispeed said:
Mine stopped working at 3:52 this morning. Says 2/12 bars, I've logged out and back on it still says 2/12.

I went in through the web page and as soon as I got on it said 11 and also showed that it had been accessed 1min before when I re logged on the app.

Ok more weird just checked after writting that, I unchecked the make notification un-dismissable then it showed the proper charge in the notification but after clicking on the notification it still shows 2/12 on the full page app, then after exiting the full page app the new notification still shows 2/12.

Uh oh, sounds like the cached value is overriding it. Looking into this, as well as the other bugs posted.

Just killed one of the bugs, working on the others. The problem comes from how Nissan changes what "chargeTime" means based on the car status, and sometimes sets things to null if the state doesn't meet certain conditions. I think I have that mostly isolated now, though. Gotta fix the cache though.

Update: Okay, pushed a quick fix for the showing-L1-or-unknown bug. As for the auto-updates leaking, when you uncheck the "Auto-update" button, do you press the Save button, and does auto-update stay unchecked? The app should automatically delete the repeating task if you press Save and auto-update is disabled, so I'm curious what the case might be here

Alright, question since I'm new to having a Leaf and don't have QC on my car:

From the server, I get:

chargeTime
chargeTime220
chrgDrtn22066Tx

Which is considered L1, L2, and L3?

Right now I'm plugged into a normal, non-QC charger, and 22066Tx is being populated. I suspect that isn't really what people consider "L3"

yea, "chargeTime" is probably level 3 since its not returning any value (carwings doesn't report a time when QCing) so this is my guess.

Also, I am having the app update when it shouldn't. I had dismissed the app from my notifications and auto-update is off (I had saved it like that) and the app updated the car status and popped back into my notification try without me doing anything. I will verify again and make sure I did the save and continue with the auto update, but since this seems this happened before I am leaning toward some update bleed. I am going to test this time and make sure everything is set up right and specifically look to replicate the bug as well as mark the timing if it updates itself.

Also, with the new update, the "show level 3 time" just shows the level 2 time. Unless you are trying to back calculate this value, carwings won't give it to you. In addition when I save and update with selecting level 3 times - it sometimes shows me level 2 and sometimes shows me level 1.

Pipcecil said:
yea, "chargeTime" is probably level 3 since its not returning any value (carwings doesn't report a time when QCing) so this is my guess.

Also, I am having the app update when it shouldn't. I had dismissed the app from my notifications and auto-update is off (I had saved it like that) and the app updated the car status and popped back into my notification try without me doing anything. I will verify again and make sure I did the save and continue with the auto update, but since this seems this happened before I am leaning toward some update bleed. I am going to test this time and make sure everything is set up right and specifically look to replicate the bug as well as mark the timing if it updates itself.

That problem *should* be fixed in the latest update, 1.5.7. If not, do let me know.

evyna said:
Just found some bad news: If the notification is set as non-dismissable, Wear ignores it.
I was just about to report this, but I see that you have found it. That saves me from explaining it :)

But I can report that "dismissable" should be "dismissible".

I like all the changes, it's maturing/looking more polished.

There is a menu now with a sign out option. Thank you.

Feature request: Please add a version number, it could be in an About or on the main page. I'm asking because I cannot find out where to look up the version of the app to tell you about issues I may see unless I go to the play store.

Minor inconsistency: On the Wear notification it says something like "5 hrs 0 min to charge [L2]". On the phone app it just says "5 hrs 0 min". It is funny to get more data on the watch where there is less space.

Installed the app on my Nexus 7 with a Moto 360. Works great.

Once the update has occurred, a swipe up displays the update with the lower half
of the display indicating (at that time) in the lower quarter 'Leaf: 4 of 12'. A swipe
up indicates 'Leaf 4 of 12' with '6 hrs 0 min to charge [L2}' below. A swipe to the
left provides the HVAC button and an update button with another swipe left.
The update remains, until a swipe right, in the lower part at which point it's
lost until the next update. Too bad it isn't saved in 'Keep' at the swipe right.

Since the first display, after the swipe up, only utilizes the lower half of the display,
could the HVAC status be displayed, as this is known by Carwings as indicated
per the Leaf Manager app? Maybe display, 'HVAC = OFF'. Also, the charging status
could also be displayed in that area, e.g. 'Charging = OFF'.

lorenfb said:
Installed the app on my Nexus 7 with a Moto 360. Works great.

Once the update has occurred, a swipe up displays the update with the lower half
of the display indicating (at that time) in the lower quarter 'Leaf: 4 of 12'. A swipe
up indicates 'Leaf 4 of 12' with '6 hrs 0 min to charge [L2}' below. A swipe to the
left provides the HVAC button and an update button with another swipe left.
The update remains, until a swipe right, in the lower part at which point it's
lost until the next update. Too bad it isn't saved in 'Keep' at the swipe right.

Since the first display, after the swipe up, only utilizes the lower half of the display,
could the HVAC status be displayed, as this is known by Carwings as indicated
per the Leaf Manager app? Maybe display, 'HVAC = OFF'. Also, the charging status
could also be displayed in that area, e.g. 'Charging = OFF'.

Good thoughts! There are some limitations with Wear that I'm trying to work around, i.e. I can't directly push ongoing notifications to it. It does tell you whether or not its charging, though, as it will say "Charging, 6 hr bla bla" if it's charging, or just "6 hrs bla bla" if it's not. I'll look into adding the HVAC status to it.

"Also, I am having the app update when it shouldn't"

That's my problem also. The auto update is unchecked and the save function was used too
and it still pushes an update to the Moto 360. The app was downloaded for the 1st time
(10/17) after 1.5.7. was available.

lorenfb said:
"I am having the app update when it shouldn't"
Me too. I am running v1.6. Thanks for adding the version number. That was fast.

I like the colored background when the charge is low; not sure if that is new or not, today was the first time that I have seen it. I was down to 1 bar and the background was yellow. I don't want to get into a 'paint the bike-shed' discussion, so I'll just make a suggestion and you are free to take it, leave it, ignore it or not... In the car, bars one and two are red. It would be nice if this followed the same convention.

lorenfb said:
"Also, I am having the app update when it shouldn't"

That's my problem also. The auto update is unchecked and the save function was used too
and it still pushes an update to the Moto 360. The app was downloaded for the 1st time
(10/17) after 1.5.7. was available.

It's not actually auto-updating, it's just pushing the notification back whenever the activity in the background resumes. There's code in place that explicitly halts the background task if it ever tries to run when its set not to.

That being said, here's some debugging steps to verify:

- After unchecking "auto-update", did you press save? If you open the app, is auto update checked or not?
- Does the last update timestamp change without you pressing "Save and update" ?

Thanks for the feedback!

patrick0101 said:
lorenfb said:
"I am having the app update when it shouldn't"
Me too. I am running v1.6. Thanks for adding the version number. That was fast.

I like the colored background when the charge is low; not sure if that is new or not, today was the first time that I have seen it. I was down to 1 bar and the background was yellow. I don't want to get into a 'paint the bike-shed' discussion, so I'll just make a suggestion and you are free to take it, leave it, ignore it or not... In the car, bars one and two are red. It would be nice if this followed the same convention.

The convention right now is:

-Blue if nothing is happening
-Orange if charging
-Green if full

I'll add red if low, too

"- After unchecking "auto-update", did you press save? If you open the app, is auto update checked or not?"
Yes.
"- Does the last update timestamp change without you pressing "Save and update" ?"
Yes.

1. Looks like you added the time-stamp (good) in the app, or did I not notice it before?
That provides a check on what the app has done. I assume not only from pushes but
also from Carwings accesses.
2. It didn't auto update (good) when I opened the app today. Did you change something?
3. The color change in the app based on the SOC is nice.
4. Maybe add the update time in the area to the right of the charging mode, e.g. L2,
in the bottom of display since that area is unused.
5. With out realizing it at the time, I inadvertently turned the HVAC on. If the app required
a second depression to confirm, that would be good. As mentioned before, providing the
state of the HVAC on the initial display would help correct an inadvertent activation of HVAC.

Overall, great improvements.

Another Problem:

The app indicates the charging is based on L3 when L2 was selected
and the L3 time shown is incorrect if that were really selected,
i.e. L3 will fully charge in about 45 minutes and the app indicates
5 hours on L3.

lorenfb said:
Another Problem:

5 hours on L3.

Is that L3 on QC?

evyna said:
lorenfb said:
Another Problem:

5 hours on L3.

Is that L3 on QC?

L3 denotes QC. When connected, my Leaf was L2 connected.

lorenfb said:
evyna said:
lorenfb said:
Another Problem:

5 hours on L3.

Is that L3 on QC?

L3 denotes QC. When connected, my Leaf was L2 connected.

Ah. My leaf doesn't have QC, and some people have treated high-speed L2 like L3, so I wasn't sure on the classification.

Basically, carwings has three levels:

chargeTime
chargeTime220
chargeTime220Tx

Any idea what the Tx one is? It's not QC

lorenfb said:
There're two 220V charge levels; one at 30 amps - 6.6kw, and the other at 15 amps - 3.3kw. ...
Maybe instead of calling what you call L3, is to call it L2+
I'd prefer that they were labeled:
L2(3.3kW) and L2(6.6kW)
or
L2(16A) and L2(30A)
or
just L2 :)

Back