After 3 Years +++++++++++++++++++

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimLee said:
FastEddys said:
I've noticed though, that ECO Mode is no longer providing the instant drag when foot goes off the pedal. It's functioning exactly like D mode, with 1 to 2 regen circles if heading down slight hill.
Did you of have P3227 done :?:
A lot of people lost regeneration with that which is why I have told the dealer not to do it.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14807&hilit=+regeneration#p334016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If not, how cold is the battery :?:
That might cause it too.

Thanks Tim -
Yes P3227 was done a year ago August. I wonder if lost power "reboot" could make this happen now.
Battery is running colder than normal I think as temps are below 40 F now. I did get the "low battery temp" notification this morning, outside air temp was about 36F. Come to think of it, I have not seen that message pop up until just recently (only twice). Guess I'll have the dealer look into that - maybe battery temp control not working?

thanks again,
Ed

Tim - you were correct - today the temperature was around 47F and the regeneration impact was back to normal - you nailed it!
I don't know why I didn't notice this the past two winters, but seems to be fine now.
Ed

FastEddys said:
... Guess I'll have the dealer look into that - maybe battery temp control not working?
Does your 2011 have the cold weather package?
Most 2011 LEAFs do not have it.
Was introduced very late in the production of 2011 LEAFs.

But even if you have the cold weather package, the battery heater doesn't come on till 0F and turns off at something like 14F if I recall correctly.
Temperatures you have the battery heater would not be on.
Nothing for the dealer to check.

Glad your loss of regeneration was just caused by cold battery.
My LEAF stays in garage most of the time, and even though I have been out in 15F once or twice, the thermal mass is such that I don't think my LEAF battery has ever seen 35F.
So I have never encountered the cold battery loss of regeneration, but several people on MNL have mentioned it.
Glad I could help.

Back