AeroV increases cash and carry charger price to $995

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravi100

I had called AV on March 31 and was quoted a price of $721+tax for the charger unit. Called again today to place the order and the rep claimed Nissan had "directed them" to now charge $995. Complete crap! I am really disgusted with the process to the point of cancelling my Leaf order.

Glad I got mine in December. You should check out the threads here on other manufacturers,
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=26

...as well as the modification to get the (free) trickle charger to run on 240 volts.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2707

Don't cancel your LEAF order, just cancel the idea of a permanently mounted charging dock in your garage. For $200 you can upgrade the "trickle charge" cord that comes with the car so that it charges twice as fast. (I assume you already have, or are planning to provide, a 240v circuit.)

Ray

I'd call that a solid verification that they were padding the installs and now need to raise their C&C price in order to get some of the padding back.

planet4ever said:
Don't cancel your LEAF order, just cancel the idea of a permanently mounted charging dock in your garage. For $200 you can upgrade the "trickle charge" cord that comes with the car so that it charges twice as fast. (I assume you already have, or are planning to provide, a 240v circuit.)

Ray

That looks good

ravi100 said:
The rep claimed Nissan had "directed them" to now charge $995. Complete crap!
If that is really what the AV rep said, then I am doubly-glad I did not buy their unit. How exactly would this have happened? Nissan "Er, AV, we feel that our customers are not paying enough for the unit you are selling them. Please bump up the price."

I would GUESS one of two things happened. Either Nissan told AV that they were not impressed with AVs service so far and is lowering whatever subsidizing agreement Nissan made with AV, or as already speculated AV still wants their mondo profits and are not getting it because so many people are rejecting AV's install price

Wow, I was leaning towards going AV cash & carry, but if that's the case, never mind. I delayed due to the variability in my LEAF delivery date moving from April->May->Pending. Mine was the nearly $11k AV estimate because it included trenching and an upgraded panel and garage sub-panel. Because I had that all done when my PV panels were installed (for no extra cost), AV cash & carry seemed like a good option for the EVSE....however things change.

Before complaining, I would verify that your dashboard shows the higher price. If the dashboard still says $721.00, that's what you will be charged.

IBELEAF said:
planet4ever said:

Ray

That looks good
It works a treat and is portable to boot!

Checked after reading this thread and my dashboard reads as follows:
schedule confirmation number xxxxx
review quote
expires on 12/31/2011
convert to charging dock purchase only

When I click the review quote button it still shows their full estimate including labor and shows the dock at $721

I'm still waiting for something better but not certain what it is yet. AV is a good company and deserves our support but I wish they were more transparent and open with their product pricing and information.

Stoaty said:
adaminla said:
When I click the review quote button it still shows their full estimate including labor and shows the dock at $721
Did you tell Nissan that you want a waiver on the L2 install?

Simply call Nissan CS and tell them you intend on installing yourself, and that you want the "cash and carry" price. I'm getting the modification/upgrade done of the Nissan-provided EVSE instead, simply because it makes more financial sense at this point. Not only that, it makes the device portable which makes it invaluable IMHO.

Wall-mounted EVSE's are so 2010 :D

My dashboard shows 995 and yes I had requested the waiver. After some heated discussions with AV their manager agreed to honor the 721 quote from last week. I'm considering the trickle charger upgrade as well :)

I have already had the assessment by AeroV, but I have not yet installed an EVSE. Recently, I did get a call from AeroV informing me that the cash & carry price would go up to $995, but they said the old price would be good until the end of April 2011.

When you talk about cash and carry, av will sell you the "glorified extension cord" and then either I or an electrician can install? I could easily do this and no one from the county where I live would ever had an idea that I installed. AV would also not have any idea, right?
I guess what I am getting at is I have done construction all of my working life, have wired houses, 240 dryers and electric ranges and I have not blown anything up yet. What would be the problem if I did this myself?

downeykp said:
When you talk about cash and carry, av will sell you the "glorified extension cord" and then either I or an electrician can install? I could easily do this and no one from the county where I live would ever had an idea that I installed. AV would also not have any idea, right?
I guess what I am getting at is I have done construction all of my working life, have wired houses, 240 dryers and electric ranges and I have not blown anything up yet. What would be the problem if I did this myself?
If you are OK with it, I am OK with it. The only problem I have is the $995 price or buying anything from AV.

Back