AC quit at 5600 miles 2013 LEAF & terrible service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AlanSqB said:
This reminds me of when I bought a Saturn years ago and the dealer wanted me to pay for a security key fob which contained a "chip" that allows the car to start. You had to plug the fob into a little slot under the dash with something that looked like the end of a game cartridge. I looked at the device and figured it was BS. Declined the option despite repeated browbeating.

After I got the car home I noticed the device was still under the dash with a small piece of IC board in it. Basically if you didn't buy the system they just broke off the fob in the slot. After examining the "chip" it turns out it just jumpered two of the leads together. Following those two leads back I found where they had cut the starter wire and spliced in this whole contraption, which BTW has leads way under the gague of the starter wires. I took the whole thing back the next day and made them properly repair the starter harness under threat of legal action.

I tell that story to every car salesman/finance guy who tries to sell me anything optional and tell them that's my take on all their BS. I have walked from more car deals than I have closed.

I also make them remove any dealer stickers or labels before I will take delivery. I am a grumpy car buyer. :)

I like you, one guy called me a Nazi (The sales man)

I just kindly replied that I happen to know what I want and if I'm advertising for you you best be paying me!

Back