3 bills introduced in CA legislature re EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

(mods--this doesn't seem to fit in the "Regional" category, but if I made a wrong call, feel free to move)

This is pulled from an announcement from CalStart, which is supporting this legislation, so the editorial comment is theirs, rather than mine.

AB 2405 (Blumenfield): This bill would ensure that clean vehicles with “white stickers” and “green stickers” are able to access California’s High Occupancy Toll lanes free of charge, with a few minor exceptions. This ensures the continuation of a vitally important incentive for these vehicles, which include natural gas, battery electric, fuel cell, and plug-in hybrid vehicles.

SB 1455 (Kehoe): This bill would set an alternative fuels goal for the state of California and direct the relevant agencies to proactively work toward diversifying the state’s transportation fuel supply. As currently written, the bill calls for 26% alternative fuels by 2022. We are currently just under 10%, so this would represent a substantial move toward alternative fuels (including electricity) and greater fuel efficiency.

AB 2583 (Blumenfield): This bill calls for greater leadership from California’s state fleets. The bill would call for the state Department of General Services to purchase more clean vehicles and fuels, with a goal of moving toward 100% advanced technology for new vehicle purchases in 2015. The bill would also ask the state to investigate ways to use state garages to encourage the use of clean vehicles, through preferential spaces, available refueling infrastructure, and other means.

Back