24A EVSE with RTC is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a 24A OpenEVSE for sale. This unit includes the Real Time Clock. It is constructed in a Velleman claimed weatherproof housing. I think that it needs screws in the middle to draw down the seal but it is a very nice case. This unit will operate as a L1 120V or L2 240V EVSE. The L2 current is adjustable in 2A steps from 10A to 40A.

This unit is constructed with a Barbouri OpenEVSE board ver 4.21, A diy RGB display, a 30A Potter & brumfield relay, 12V universal supply, a Chargepoint Yazaku 30a 20Ft J1772 cable and a #10 power cable with a L6-30P 30A locking plug.

The display cable in the photos was changed out to a shielded one since with the original cable folded inside the display would sometimes glitch upon charging. The I2C leads are very sensitive.

This unit is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will function upon receipt. I am selling this for $375 plus $25 for CONUS shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim is available. Payment is by Paypal if I ship or cash for local pickup.

I lost my reply, I hope this is not a duplicate.

The RTC has 2 modes. If you do net enable the timer it puts a clock on the charging screen.

With the timer enabled the EVSE stays in stop mode until the set time passes. You can set any start and stop times but the default is 5 min past midnight and 6:55AM. This works for most people on timed tiers. You and override it at any time with a button push.

Say you have the timer enabled with the defaults. The car will start charging just after midnight and go to ready when it is finished. If you need to preheat at 6AM, that works since you are within the window.

After 6:55AM the display will switch to stopped.

The timer is a major help if you are in an area with expensive prime time tiers and cheap after hour tiers. In my case Anaheim power has no tiers so I do it just to be a good citizen.

The EVSE button has 2 functions. A quick push scrolls and a long push selects while in the menu structure. not in the menu a quick push stops and starts.

A long press gets you into the menu. quick presses scroll. you would scroll until you got to the delay menu. A long press gets you to the sub menu. The choices are delay on & off start and stop times. to set a start time you would long press at the start menu.

It would then say start hour. If you wanted the default of 00 you would long press, otherwise short presses scroll and a long press sets. The min is the same way. After setting the min it dumps you back to the main delay option.

After you are done setting options then long press at exit and the EVSE returns to normal ( ready or waiting). The menu structure is circular. If you go past what you want keep pressing until it shows up.

Back