2018 Leaf Lease pricing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
That would be more like $36k with the Tech package noted in the ad, and $37k with the Cold Weather Package, unless you want to drive an SV with no heat pump, seat heaters, or wheel heater.

Well did configurator for tech and weather so not sure how the MSRP dropped? Either way; does not include loyalty cash or employee discount program I have available which takes another $2231 off.

This is same as when I got my 2016. The cost for S trim with charge (there wasn't any option to get it without QC) and 12,000 miles was $1999 down, $229 a month.

Well, I got all that along with bumper protection, floor mats and kicked it to 15,000 miles a year and it was zero down, $245 a month. So that is how accurate these lease configurators are.

You are confusing a likely-popular new(ish) car that is just becoming available with a modestly refreshed, aging model. I don't expect much dealing on the 2018 Leaf until Spring at the very, very earliest.

GetOffYourGas said:
Lancpudn said:
There are quite a few disgruntled people over here who had their names down for leasing the 2018 Leaf, and from what I've been reading some have withdrawn from the list because of the expensive leases on offer.

In the OP's case zero down & 10K miles it would cost £492 / $655 month for 10K miles

Is that even a fair comparison, though? Does the UK have a VAT tax, and does that apply to leases? I'm sure there are other things that make the UK-to-TX comparison questionable at best.

No not a very fair comparison, I'm not sure if VAT is payable on leases! I was going off the Nissan UK finance calculator using the op's details to compare to rip off Britain prices. https://tools.nissan.co.uk/finance-calculator/new%20leaf

SUMMARY
YOUR QUOTE
Monthly payments
£492
Customer deposit
£0
Cash price
£26,490
Government grant
£4,500
Nissan deposit contribution
£1,000
Total amount of credit
£25,490
Optional final payment
£10,236
Total amount payable
£28,934
Duration
37 months
Fixed interest rate per annum
4.49%
Representative APR
4.49% APR
Annual mileage
10,000 miles

edatoakrun said:
Just received Email offer, starting 1/23:
$3070 down and:

$229 per month, 36 months, to lease 2018 LEAF S.
$356 month for 36 months to lease 2018 LEAF SV.

TT&L additional.
That works out 3070+229*36 = $11,314 for the 'S'
and 3070*356*36 = $15,886 for the 'SV'

Isn't the purchase price of the SV some 15% higher than the 'S' ?
The lease of the SV is 40% higher.

If anyone finds out what the residuals are for these leases, please post that info here. If I'm going to pay $350 a month for a lease, then I want a low residual. None of this GMAC 'High payment, High residual' crap.

LeftieBiker said:
If anyone finds out what the residuals are for these leases, please post that info here. If I'm going to pay $350 a month for a lease, then I want a low residual. None of this GMAC 'High payment, High residual' crap.

about $9k for S, 11.5ish for SV

well specifically 9263 and 11 590

Good, or at least good if the batteries hold up. It will be easy to buy the car rather than extend the lease with that residual. Do you know if they are fixed in stone or not? Because I'd probably try for something like $300 a month and a $14k residual. That would give me more of a choice.

LeftieBiker said:
Good, or at least good if the batteries hold up. It will be easy to buy the car rather than extend the lease with that residual. Do you know if they are fixed in stone or not? Because I'd probably try for something like $300 a month and a $14k residual. That would give me more of a choice.

oh no! Lease never better than "fixed in clay" they change every month. sometimes don't change every month but "can" change monthly.

Keep in mind; those published lease terms are ridiculous. Your lease won't be anywhere near that high. Last time I saw someone paying more than $3000 down on LEAF lease was so he could get payments under $100 a month.

I would think that because na for sale until Jan 23, these terms good till End of Feb and likely until end of March since prize terms ends then.

**edit** had to check to see if it was there first

but I ran lease configurator on Nissan site and even it does not agree with the numbers. SV with tech and two tone paint (NA anywhere outside CA btw we were told in Vegas) was $1999 down, $309 a month. scroll up for screen shot.

Can you post a link to the configurator? And yes, I intend to start negotiating my lease in February, ideally for a late March delivery. For a while NMAC had all Leaf residuals fixed at 33%, which is why I was asking. That seems to be the default residual still.

That doesn't take me to a lease calculator. I think Dave used the wrong term, and I followed suit. I meant the lease calculator. The Nissan build configurator is very hard to use with Firefox.

I got it wrong. I was on 2018 page and hit "calculate payments" and it only flips to current lease terms so not for 2018. It's for the 2017. But I looked at the fine print and it lists at 9225 discount on S trim but only a $7,500 discount on SV.

The lease ad seems to be implying that you get $1k loyalty cash if you buy the car, but that it is already included in the lease deal - no mention of cash in that offer.

LeftieBiker said:
The lease ad seems to be implying that you get $1k loyalty cash if you buy the car, but that it is already included in the lease deal - no mention of cash in that offer.

no not included.

Check fine print at beginning of thread. Discounts $9225 for S trim but only $7500 for SV so loyalty would be additional discount.

Seems strange that cheaper car gets bigger discount but... Its Nissan... :?

I tried to run my Employee discount program but numbers are all screwed up from Christmas specials which expire this Sunday plus it also won't let me check on 2018 so discounts listed at $4400 but pretty sure SV's only get like $2500 give or take.

Guess we have to simply wait and see what Jan brings us. Its strange to me that I am seeing cars shipped all over so who is buying those?

Someone saw a carrier with 5 2018 LEAFs just North of Seattle last weekend.

Back