2015 Lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I CAN SAVE YOU ABOUT 1000 ON THAT QOUTE

Star3bury said:
So I didn't realize there's more to the lease cost for the S with Charger.

The total drive off would be as follows;
$1999 Cap reduction (down payment on a lease)
$ 852 Upfront tax (calculated on the $1999 + rebate of $8650)
$ 199 first payment
$ 16 tax on first payment
$ 390 first year's license, registration, doc and HOV sticker
$3456 total out of pocket

Then 35 months of $199+ tax.

The tax on the Nissan rebate was unexpected on my part.

I do also qualify for the $2500 rebate from the state.

Is it just me or the Leaf lease is not as attractive as it used to be?? I'm in VA and my 2013 Leaf SV+Premium payments are under 250 for a 0 down 2 year lease. I'm having a hard time getting dealers to get me that kind of a deal again. Last time three separate dealers were willing to give me this deal.

LeftieBiker said:
You know that you can extend that lease, right?

So you are saying I should pay the same amount of money on a two year old car that I paid on a new car! That makes no sense to me. I'd rather go without a second car for a few weeks until the deals come back. I'm hoping someone will want to unload a car with a good lease (Leaf, FFE, Volt, MB B-Class) at some point soon.

I'm in Southern California though.

lstefani said:
I CAN SAVE YOU ABOUT 1000 ON THAT QOUTE

Star3bury said:
So I didn't realize there's more to the lease cost for the S with Charger.

The total drive off would be as follows;
$1999 Cap reduction (down payment on a lease)
$ 852 Upfront tax (calculated on the $1999 + rebate of $8650)
$ 199 first payment
$ 16 tax on first payment
$ 390 first year's license, registration, doc and HOV sticker
$3456 total out of pocket

Then 35 months of $199+ tax.

The tax on the Nissan rebate was unexpected on my part.

I do also qualify for the $2500 rebate from the state.

sgd2z said:
LeftieBiker said:

So you are saying I should pay the same amount of money on a two year old car that I paid on a new car! That makes no sense to me. I'd rather go without a second car for a few weeks until the deals come back. I'm hoping someone will want to unload a car with a good lease (Leaf, FFE, Volt, MB B-Class) at some point soon.

Those deals aren't likely coming back. The reason the deals aren't so good right now is the residual values have come back down to reality from where they were in 2013-2104.

AuburnLeaf said:
sgd2z said:
LeftieBiker said:

Those deals aren't likely coming back. The reason the deals aren't so good right now is the residual values have come back down to reality from where they were in 2013-2104.

Hmm what should one expect these days? All I'm getting from dealers (for an SL) is >400/mo. At that rate I'd rather wait it out for a B-Class electric or get a Volt. I saw NMAC offering discounts (waive two payments) to extend the lease on another thread. IF that is the case, I might consider extension as an option because prices should collapse with the next gen stuff around the corner.

sgd2z said:
Is it just me or the Leaf lease is not as attractive as it used to be?? I'm in VA and my 2013 Leaf SV+Premium payments are under 250 for a 0 down 2 year lease. I'm having a hard time getting dealers to get me that kind of a deal again. Last time three separate dealers were willing to give me this deal.

What sort of deal depends on a lot of things:
- Individual dealer. Do they have old stock, or are they just shy of hitting an incentive goal and looking to do anything to hit that goal? Most goals are monthly and or quarterly. So the best time to find a deal is often right before the end of the quarter. Of course if your dealer is no where close to hitting their goal, they won't be motivated to make a deal.
- Nationwide promotions. These come and go.
- Regional promotions. For whatever reason the San Francisco area gets regional promotions on the Leaf that Los Angeles area never gets. (Hence some of the great buys Dublin Nissan advertises on here)
- State or local "green" incentives. These tend to come and go as well.

For whatever it is worth, when talking to my sales guy when I bought mine, he said Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July would be the next best times to buy a new car in general as that's when they usually have the best incentives from corporate.

I believe I would have been just under $250/mo had I gone with an SV (Before sales tax. In California on a lease you pay the sales tax monthly) in December in the Los Angeles market on a 3 year lease.

DesertSprings said:
sgd2z said:

What sort of deal depends on a lot of things:
- Individual dealer. Do they have old stock, or are they just shy of hitting an incentive goal and looking to do anything to hit that goal? Most goals are monthly and or quarterly. So the best time to find a deal is often right before the end of the quarter. Of course if your dealer is no where close to hitting their goal, they won't be motivated to make a deal.
- Nationwide promotions. These come and go.
- Regional promotions. For whatever reason the San Francisco area gets regional promotions on the Leaf that Los Angeles area never gets. (Hence some of the great buys Dublin Nissan advertises on here)
- State or local "green" incentives. These tend to come and go as well.

For whatever it is worth, when talking to my sales guy when I bought mine, he said Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July would be the next best times to buy a new car in general as that's when they usually have the best incentives from corporate.

I believe I would have been just under $250/mo had I gone with an SV (Before sales tax. In California on a lease you pay the sales tax monthly) in December in the Los Angeles market on a 3 year lease.

Thanks, We have no state or local anything. Im now under 400 for an sl and still over 300 for an SV after some negotiation. I'm just going to hold out for a better deal, I guess.

Are you also trying email? IF you can get a good offer over email, print it and bring it with you. There is an excellent chance they won't have the actual car/deal offered, but this will shame the better dealers into trying to match it, more or less. That was one of the factors in me getting a $149 lease on an SV (with Premium) in 2013. I had a $120 a month offer on an S, IIRC, but the car wasn't there when I arrived.

bigrob90 said:
tvbi said:
I'm in Atlanta and got an offer for an SV with QC and VPP pricing.

$299/month for 24 months with 15k/year
No down, all taxes and fees included with $399 disposition fee.

Is this a good deal? First time leasing.

That sounds like a very good deal. I pay $280 for an S with QC and VPP.

I sure miss the old deals. I leased a 2013 "S" and was thinking of getting a 2015 this year when my 13 goes back.

I pay $280 for almost the same deal as you, but with the NON-VPP ($50 a month more I think) and 12,000 miles.(Don't know how much less for that)

What to do, what to do.
At least I have until the forthcoming Tax credit date of July 1st to decide, I think.

LeftieBiker said:
Are you also trying email? IF you can get a good offer over email, print it and bring it with you. There is an excellent chance they won't have the actual car/deal offered, but this will shame the better dealers into trying to match it, more or less. That was one of the factors in me getting a $149 lease on an SV (with Premium) in 2013. I had a $120 a month offer on an S, IIRC, but the car wasn't there when I arrived.
I only do email. I refuse to provide my phone number until I have the deal I want. 149! What state are you in? What kind of downpayment did you make

Back