2015 LEAF : Specs, Price etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GregH said:
I saw 9 new 2015s on the lot at Tustin Nissan.. Was tempted to have them boot one up for me and plug in LeafDD for some readings but it's kind of a pain for them to dig the keys out of their big key vault.. I have to admit I'm really curious though. Maybe I'll go back... Perhaps one of the 2015 owners can start a "2015 battery degradation" thread like we have for 2013/14..?
Doing some evening bike riding yesterday, I happened by Hayward Nissan after hours, so checked out their lot. At least seven 2015s, six S and one lone SL, plus at least four more 2014s, one of which was an SV and the others were presumably demos as they lacked Monroneys. I think black and red tied for most popular colors, with two silver, one? blue and one or two white. I'm seeing a lot more red LEAFs on the street now than I used to; blue seemed to be the most popular color locally until recently.

I'm seeing a much wider variety as well as more PEVs now. Having some free time last Friday, just to see how much they're in use for commuting I parked myself at the intersection of a couple of major arterials that merge into one way and carry the afternoon commute, and counted all the PEVs from 5:05 to 6:30. In addition to the five PEVs (three LEAF, one Volt, one C-Max) I saw during the rest of the day, there were 15 LEAFs, 12 Volts, 8 PiPs, 4 Model S, 2 500e, 2 Fusion, and one Fit, for 44 + 5 = 49. Of course, this was among a few thousand cars. There's also at least one local RAV4 owner, although I didn't see him then.

I'm seeing or at least recognizing far more PiPs recently, as I've finally figured out some field marks that will allow me to ID them at a glance if they lack stickers. There've also been a lot more sightings of 500es; in fact last month's total of 6 was more than the total I'd seen before that. Although I haven't been keeping track of them, my impression is that the ratio of regular hybrid to Energi Fords is about 2 or 3 to 1, and the ratio of Fusion Energi to C-Max Energi is about the same.

kmp647 said:
AZguy, I have an OBDII bluetooth adaptor I will send you for free if you agree to post the initail and post summer results

PM me and I will send it today.
you will need some sort of android device , it will run Leafspy
Kevin

Thanks for the offer,just ordered BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool . Once i get it will install LeafSpy pro.

Just took delivery of a 2015 Nissan Leaf SL model, First one sold at this particular Nissan Dealer in McAlester, OK, I did expensive research prior to deciding to get one, I'm very please so far with the car. Took it this morning to get the insurance coverage and the ladies in the state farm office had this wildly weird idea of what an EV is or feature it has... She expected a golf cart, no AC, no radio... Kinda funny.

/b

cwerdna said:
Copying and pasting from http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=376564#p376564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, that's now locked.

Interestingly, it looks like the SV will get 17-inch wheels and 215/50R17 Michelin Energy Saver tires standard, but it's marked as (late availability). Not sure if that means early SVs will have the old 16-inch wheels and Ecopia tires or if the SVs will just be held up.

Also noticed that cruise control and B-mode became standard on the S, instead of n/a.

This makes the S more compelling... When I was in the market for my '13, I originally shied away from the S totally because it lacked cruise control, which seemed silly, in this day and age. B-mode wasn't that important to me.

I have never used my cruise control, than again i rarely go on highways or take long trips

Bought my 2015 S fresh off the truck on July 21st. I didn't even realize it had the updated heat tolerant battery until now. I'm not in an overly hot climate but I love my purchase even more now.

Has anyone else tried to configure a 2015 SV w/ LED+QC & Premium package on Nissan's website?

This combination was possible on the 2014 Leaf but the website no longer allows both packages on an SV, merely one or the other. Based on cars.com it seems that some of the early '15s were configured in this manner but none past the switch to the 17" wheels on SVs.

I'm hoping it's just a glitch as that's the configuration I want. As it stands it seems I'll have to step up to SL and I don't really care for leather.

I also tried to configure a 2015 SV with the LED+QC & Premium package on Nissan's website. The SV allows one package or the other...not both. I really do not want black leather, either, but want the Around View® Monitor in the Premium pack, plus the LED headlights. No QC's anywhere within range for me, so do not really need that either.

Wondering what happened to the Electronic Parking Brake (which I like in my current 2012 Leaf), but not a deal-killer. Mainly looking to increase winter range with the heat pump heater.

2yr/18kmile per yr/$230/month lease up in December, but received "upgrade early" notice...so checking things out now. Hoping to get same or better deal with the $1000 loyalty bonus, and my Tier1 supplier discount.

can you describe the "upgrade early" notice?

was it from Nissan NMAC or from the dealership where you bought?

what exactly does it offer / say?

500VDC said:
I also tried to configure a 2015 SV with the LED+QC & Premium package on Nissan's website. The SV allows one package or the other...not both. I really do not want black leather, either, but want the Around View® Monitor in the Premium pack, plus the LED headlights. No QC's anywhere within range for me, so do not really need that either.

Wondering what happened to the Electronic Parking Brake (which I like in my current 2012 Leaf), but not a deal-killer. Mainly looking to increase winter range with the heat pump heater.

2yr/18kmile per yr/$230/month lease up in December, but received "upgrade early" notice...so checking things out now. Hoping to get same or better deal with the $1000 loyalty bonus, and my Tier1 supplier discount.

Very early 2015 SVs with both packages actually do exist, because I test drove one. It seems that the cars made after the switch to 17" wheels on the SV models (August builds and later) can have only one package or the other.

If you want an SV with Around View and LEDs look for an early 2015 (May-July build).

mtndrew1 said:
Very early 2015 SVs with both packages actually do exist, because I test drove one. It seems that the cars made after the switch to 17" wheels on the SV models (August builds and later) can have only one package or the other.

If you want an SV with Around View and LEDs look for an early 2015 (May-July build).
What a crock of sh^t! Just went to the Nissan website and tried to build a SV with both QC/LED & Premium/AVM. No joy. And it doesn't appear to be a glitch.

My lease is up on my 2013 SV with both packages about a year from now and when the time comes, I won't consider another configuration than what I have now. Can't live without the QC and -- for me at least -- once you have the Around View Monitor, you're not going to be a happy camper giving it up. If I'm forced to compromise a year from now, Nissan certainly won't be the beneficiaries of that "compromise". Unbelievable :x

Just submitted via the online comments section on the Nissan website...

"Current Nissan Leaf SV owner here. My wife and I love our Leaf and are two of its biggest cheerleaders! However... a poster on the "mynissanleaf" forum indicated that on the Nissan website, you have removed the option of configuring a SV model with BOTH the QC/LED & Premium/Around View Monitor packages. This is the configuration we purchased last year. We are already planning to lease another Leaf when our current lease ends a year from now. However, we will NOT consider another configuration other than what we have now. Both the QC and Around View Monitor capabilities have come to be too important to us. Neither of us have a desire for the leather interior found in the higher-priced SL model. We quickly ruled-out the SL for our first purchase and will do likewise for our second Leaf purchase.

Two requests (both of which have a "please" in front of them :))... reverse your decision not to make both option packages available on the SV trim AND re-assign whoever in upper management thought this was a good idea!

Again, my wife and I are VERY happy Leaf owners and look forward to -- hopefully -- continuing our love affair with the Leaf on our next lease purchase in 2015.

Thanks,

Rick Rohn
Martinsburg, WV"

^^^
Wow! That's bizarre and unfortunate. :( I am surprised about this change for '15 and confirmed what you noticed on nissanusa.com. I too have a '13 Leaf SV w/both the LED lights & QC + premium package.

In retrospect, the QC port is looking like a waste of money again. I like the LED headlights but have never driven w/the halogens to compare. I am enjoying the Bose stereo and love the AVM.

I too also wouldn't want to spring for an SL, don't like leather and don't like the black interior, leather or not.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Wow! That's bizarre and unfortunate. :( I am surprised about this change for '15 and confirmed what you noticed on nissanusa.com. I too have a '13 Leaf SV w/both the LED lights & QC + premium package.

In retrospect, the QC port is looking like a waste of money again. I like the LED headlights but have never driven w/the halogens to compare. I am enjoying the Bose stereo and love the AVM.

I too also wouldn't want to spring for an SL, don't like leather and don't like the black interior, leather or not.

While we don't have any QuickChargers here in the West Virginia boondocks, we do have two within an hour's drive towards Washington, DC. And once we're closer-in to the big city, we have plenty of QC choices. Fairly easy day trips into downtown DC and Baltimore are possible for us because of the region's expanding QC infrastructure. I never thought we'd use the QC port when we got the car. Now I thank my lucky stars we took what Nissan of Bowie (MD) had in-stock (with both QC/LED & Premium)!

Absolutely befuddled why Nissan chose to do this. Plenty of purchasers (and potential ones) want NO part of the leather interior and have no interest in paying the additional cost for the SL trim. Not a problem for us currently, but a year from now, it's going to be a major issue :x. Can only hope the Nissan higher-ups come to their senses. Have to wonder if Ghosn brought-in some Honda execs, as this is the type of bone-headed decision that I'd expect from that organization.

It is a poor decision on Nissan's part. I had to wait for my dealer to find a SV with QC. They had 4 with premium package and no QC. I can live without the Bose and only rear view camera, but not without QC.

If you're buying a brand new 2015 Leaf I think it would be a big mistake not to get the QC option. Even if there aren't any quick charging options right now there could be in the future.

bluedream42 said:
If you're buying a brand new 2015 Leaf I think it would be a big mistake not to get the QC option. Even if there aren't any quick charging options right now there could be in the future.

Depends. If you travel in a small area and have L2 at home, you might really not need QC.

I think the base L2 charger is 3.3kW, so it is a lot slower. To get the 6.6kW, I think you have to get the L3 (QC) also.

The other advantage of the 6.6kW charger is that it is located under the hood, and you get a larger hatch area.

I saw somebody with the Bose sound system in their Leaf. The amp is so huge. Lays right in the space where charger used to be in the older leafs. Another reason not to get the bose sound system.

NeilBlanchard said:
I think the base L2 charger is 3.3kW, so it is a lot slower. To get the 6.6kW, I think you have to get the L3 (QC) also.

The other advantage of the 6.6kW charger is that it is located under the hood, and you get a larger hatch area.

In the base S, you have to get QC to get the 6.6kW charger. But that charger is standard on the SL and SV, whether or not you have QC.

Back