2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leased in September 3, got a great deal with VPP at $260/month for an SL, 24 months/12K miles per year. No money down, first payment ($260) included taxes and T&L.

NissanBert said:
I leased in September 3, got a great deal with VPP at $260/month for an SL, 24 months/12K miles per year. No money down, first payment ($260) included taxes and T&L.

for me, in Everett WA. it is 363 a month, 24 months, zero down, 12k a year. no vpp

NissanBert said:

Where are you located and what was the dealer name?

jswinner said:
I have a quote for S with charger package: 189/month 999 down 24 months 12k in Portland Oregon

That same car with charger package is $240 a month, everything else the same, from a local dealer and they are wondering why I am not leasing a car. I don't know why just about everybody else is getting better deals and quotes than I am. I guess I still have my money and my existing paid off car drives fine.

Even with VPP's "No Haggle" policy, it can be very difficult to get a good price.

My VPP Plan D Details:
- Lease offer
- 36 months
- No down, only 1st month's payment due at signing
- $208/mth S, $256/mth SV, $302/mth SL
- Assumes MSRP of $28,800 for S, $32,670 for SV, $35,690 for SL

I called many dealers in my region - Sacramento. All claimed to participate in VPP. Yet many actually do not, they "cheat" by saying that their particular stock has a different MSRP (e.g. $200 more due to mats/carpets or $1300 more for Charge Package). One even said I should come in and they'll work with my budget. I told him no way - VPP is "No Haggle". Another dealer said the VPP offer has expired.

Result:
Extreme variation in offers, worst was $4000 down, $199/month. Typical offers $1000 down, $289/month.

Dealers can do this because inventory is low (I see window stickers with dealer markups on some!).

In the end, I was close to giving up when I contacted Vacaville Nissan. The salesperson, Oscar Rios and the Internet Manager, Grant Lion, were top notch folks. Totally restored my faith in honest people in auto dealerships. Upfront pricing, shuttle pickup, super smooth. Grant in particular, walked me through the ownership of a Leaf in minute detail. Extra kudos.

Final Numbers:
-------------
2013 Leaf S with Charge Package and cargo mat
MSRP = $31,265
Net Capital Cost = $21,134
Residual = $12,506
Money Factor = 0.00003 (yes!)
Monthly Payment = $240.70 ($258.75 with taxes)
Drive Off = $1083 (Tax, Title, License, 1st payment)

Only thing that could have gone better was the residual, very low at $12,506 ($14,500 per VPP). They said it was fixed at 40%.

sitech said:
Even with VPP's "No Haggle" policy, it can be very difficult to get a good price.

My VPP Plan D Details:
- Lease offer
- 36 months
- No down, only 1st month's payment due at signing
- $208/mth S, $256/mth SV, $302/mth SL
- Assumes MSRP of $28,800 for S, $32,670 for SV, $35,690 for SL

I called many dealers in my region - Sacramento. All claimed to participate in VPP. Yet many actually do not, they "cheat" by saying that their particular stock has a different MSRP (e.g. $200 more due to mats/carpets or $1300 more for Charge Package). One even said I should come in and they'll work with my budget. I told him no way - VPP is "No Haggle". Another dealer said the VPP offer has expired.

Result:
Extreme variation in offers, worst was $4000 down, $199/month. Typical offers $1000 down, $289/month.

Dealers can do this because inventory is low (I see window stickers with dealer markups on some!).

In the end, I was close to giving up when I contacted Vacaville Nissan. The salesperson, Oscar Rios and the Internet Manager, Grant Lion, were top notch folks. Totally restored my faith in honest people in auto dealerships. Upfront pricing, shuttle pickup, super smooth. Grant in particular, walked me through the ownership of a Leaf in minute detail. Extra kudos.

Final Numbers:
-------------
2013 Leaf S with Charge Package and cargo mat
MSRP = $31,265
Net Capital Cost = $21,134
Residual = $12,506
Money Factor = 0.00003 (yes!)
Monthly Payment = $240.70 ($258.75 with taxes)
Drive Off = $1083 (Tax, Title, License, 1st payment)

Only thing that could have gone better was the residual, very low at $12,506 ($14,500 per VPP). They said it was fixed at 40%.
The residual is correct (see my table last page).

Oh? My negotiated price was $28,493. MSRP was $31,265.

If that still meant I didn't get VPP pricing, then that just reaffirms the perception I have of all car dealers being snakes. Valid VPP Claim ID, even gave them the flyer Nissan sent to my company and the affirmation email from Nissan USA Business EV Development Manager (who claimed to have instructed dealers to comply with the program).

Sigh......

Oh? My negotiated price was $28,493. MSRP was $31,265.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My confusion is based on this: Your sales price of $28,493 (which IS VPP price, $1000 under dealer invoice) less the $8150 rebate on the S model should have put your cap cost at $20,343. Did the dealer tack on something after the fact that raised your cap cost and therefore your payments?

I could be wrong - perhaps you add in the acquisition fee and doc and reg/license to get that new net cap cost. Could be my mistake. Sorry if it is!

Hi Corina,
Please don't apologize. I should be the one apologizing for not providing all the numbers.

You are correct, the dealer did tack in other "not for profit" numbers to the cap cost.

Negotiated Price = $28,493
Title, License = $90
Acquisition Fee = $595 (this figure is as declared in the employee flyer)
Doc Fee = $80
Total Gross Capitalized Cost = $29,287
Rebate to Dealer = $8152.09
Adjusted Capitalized Cost = $21,134.91

The only thing that bugged me a little was that they couldn't/wouldn't follow the VPP's residual value of $14,529 and instead took it down to $12,506. Finance Manager claimed that was fixed at 40% of MSRP $31,265.

But seeing that they gave me VPP upfront and 5 other dealers did not all the while claiming they do, I closed the deal.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge. It helped me.

sitech said:
Hi Corina,
Please don't apologize. I should be the one apologizing for not providing all the numbers.

You are correct, the dealer did tack in other "not for profit" numbers to the cap cost.

Negotiated Price = $28,493
Title, License = $90
Acquisition Fee = $595 (this figure is as declared in the employee flyer)
Doc Fee = $80
Total Gross Capitalized Cost = $29,287
Rebate to Dealer = $8152.09
Adjusted Capitalized Cost = $21,134.91

The only thing that bugged me a little was that they couldn't/wouldn't follow the VPP's residual value of $14,529 and instead took it down to $12,506. Finance Manager claimed that was fixed at 40% of MSRP $31,265.

But seeing that they gave me VPP upfront and 5 other dealers did not all the while claiming they do, I closed the deal.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge. It helped me.
That's the right residual (see my table last page). All your numbers check out. Congrats, you got the VPP deal you deserve!

Thanks Corina. Sorry I missed the table. I just read your previous posts. Good info. Thank you.

Pity, looks like Nissan is trying to get us to keep the cars at the end of the lease.

Ugh, wasn't planning to baby the car. Might have to rethink that.

sitech said:
Thanks Corina. Sorry I missed the table. I just read your previous posts. Good info. Thank you.

Pity, looks like Nissan is trying to get us to keep the cars at the end of the lease.

Ugh, wasn't planning to baby the car. Might have to rethink that.
Why would you think that Nissan is trying that?

Leaf S. Leased 8/9/2013 from Capitol City Nissan in Atlanta. My 0 down 325/mo included doc fee, acquisition fee, and disposition fee. Actual lease is here: http://lorenzoawallace.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-real-deal-my-actual-lease.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love the car. Very unhappy with the deal and the dealership.

SparkyD said:
Leaf S. Leased 8/9/2013 from Capitol City Nissan in Atlanta. My 0 down 325/mo included doc fee, acquisition fee, and disposition fee. Actual lease is here: http://lorenzoawallace.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-real-deal-my-actual-lease.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am so sorry that happened to you - it is awful when you feel like you have it worked out and then the papers are totally different. I was lucky, as in my case the sales rep confessed before I got that far that prices had "gone up". I do know the residual went down (bad) but I am still hoping that I can find a deal somewhere in Atlanta. I read on your blog that you paid 25 payments, which is a total of $8125. That is not too bad from what I have seen in my limited search so far (capital city and the one is Decatur). Capital City quoted me something just over 9000 for a 2 year, 12,000 mile lease on Sept 4 or so....you did pretty well.

I am still hoping that one of the dealers I haven't yet checked can make a deal a bit below that - Let me know if you hear anything that sounds like hope. I think you mentioned you had a friend going to the Autonation dealer.

I had posted that prices had gone up on me when I went to sign a lease - from low 7000's for a 24 month to over 8000. I have seen many posting in CA and a few other places that they are still getting some good deals, but is that related to a state rebate?

I am just trying to figure out if I just still have hope for an S with a charger package for under $8000??? - I am ok with 12,000 a year BTW.

THanks for any hope!

Merritt said:
SparkyD said:

I am so sorry that happened to you - it is awful when you feel like you have it worked out and then the papers are totally different.

This is a free country and no one is forcing you to sign the deal if the terms aren't agreeable. Get up and walk out the door, if it doesn't match what you negotiated via e-mail or the phone. Let them chase you down.

That's why email negotiations are the way to go. (You have a clear paper trail and can quantify everything exactly without "misunderstandings.")

My experience with Capitol City Nissan was good after I let them know I was serious and was in complete control of the negotiation. 48 hours after walking out the door of the Finance Manager's office for the unexpected Disposition Fee, I was back again when they found the "room" to negotiate that out of the deal further.

I'm pursuing the $1999 down/$199 mo lease deal in Austin, Tx. Was hit with the TT&L fee when starting the lease process which totaled $2640. This was to be added to the $1999 down. This seemed disingenious to me. Is this typical? I was expecting 2K down and $199 a month and got thrown this curve. To keep the deposit to 1999, having to increase monthly payment to $250. Anyone else experience this?

dellbo said:
I'm pursuing the $1999 down/$199 mo lease deal in Austin, Tx. Was hit with the TT&L fee when starting the lease process which totaled $2640. This was to be added to the $1999 down. This seemed disingenious to me. Is this typical? I was expecting 2K down and $199 a month and got thrown this curve. To keep the deposit to 1999, having to increase monthly payment to $250. Anyone else experience this?

That's very typical for places like California. For Washington state, there's no sales tax on EVs, so the deal is as advertised, plus whatever the dealer can cheat you out of.

Obviously, Nissan can't easily advertise a specific rate for every different political boundary and tax situation in the whole USA, nor do they have any control over those tax situations.

dellbo said:

tell them you will take the car to your licence office yourself and take fees off, or ask the local office to print out the estimated fees for you. my fees in indiana were $280 and the dealer wanted twice that amount.

Back