2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to forum but spent time reading thru 122 pages of posts tonight on leases. Valuable info.

Looking for inputs and pointers for dealer / contact for Leaf Lease in San Jose, CA area. Few members stated previously they had access to below invoice deals, appreciate any info.

Thanks.

cwerdna said:
cossie1600 said:
It's the same as July. Remember this, the 2013 is near the end of its cycle. With 2014, the residual would only go down. In about a month, you are probably better off leasing a 2014 as they will have better residual.
I don't think so.

http://insideevs.com/yesterday-2014-nissan-leaf-coming-in-october-today-2014-nissan-leaf-coming-in-december/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/the-2014-nissan-lineup-charting-the-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For 2014, additional enhancements include:
Available December 2013
It will be pretty disappointing if the changes mentioned in this article for 2014 Leafs are the only improvements. In fact, any improvements short of increased range is likely not going to increase the residual on the 2014 Leaf any significant amount. If the Leaf waits too long the competition will be fierce by 2016.

Residual would be higher than 2013 because it is one model year newer, doesn't have to do with the car unless they decide the car either sucks or is really good. I would assume the same rate as what people got in Q2. The car basically got a small update in 2013, the next one probably wont come until 2015 or 2016.

Been following this forum for a while, but a first time poster. Wanted to get the expert opinions here on this offer I just received today.

Leaf S w/ Charge Package
State : GA
Sales tax % : 6.5
Leaf Trim, options : S, Charge Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Net
MSRP : $31,145
Invoice : (if you know) 29,395
Negotiated Price : $28,395
Taxes, Title, Registration : 413.49
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $282
Money Factor : .0029
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $357

Thanks in Advance

kevinmleaf said:
Been following this forum for a while, but a first time poster. Wanted to get the expert opinions here on this offer I just received today.

Leaf S w/ Charge Package
State : GA
Sales tax % : 6.5
Leaf Trim, options : S, Charge Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Net
MSRP : $31,145
Invoice : (if you know) 29,395
Negotiated Price : $28,395
Taxes, Title, Registration : 413.49
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $282
Money Factor : .0029
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $357

Thanks in Advance
What is it with GA dealers? Last time they were sneaking in a $690 doc (profit) fee, and now they are inflating the Money Factor.

What are the terms of your lease?

Corina1231 said:
. . . and now they are inflating the Money Factor. . .?

Agreed. Last week I was quoted .0017 for the money factor on a 2/24 SL lease. This number depends on your credit, so if this is your first car purchase or you have some other factor affecting your credit that could explain why they are quoting you a high number.

This was before they ran our credit (which is pretty solid), so maybe those number will come down when they run our credit scores.

New to forum
Here is the offer I just got from a dealership in GA
S with quick charge
24month/15k miles
0 down $273 x 24 months includes all "taxes and fees"
VPP pricing. That's all the info I have right now

jjj said:
New to forum
S with quick charge
24month/15k miles

I know that it is VPP pricing, which I, unfortunately do not have access to, but that seems substantially better than the deal I was just offered. Do you mind sharing what dealership that was with?

jjj said:
New to forum
S with quick charge
24month/15k miles

If you are Zero Down ("out the door" amount), then you only have 23 monthly payments. Confirm if that price includes the first monthly payment. Also confirm if there is an end of lease disposition fee.

sonnylax said:
jjj said:
New to forum
S with quick charge
24month/15k miles

If you are Zero Down ("out the door" amount), then you only have 23 monthly payments. Confirm if that price includes the first monthly payment. Also confirm if there is an end of lease disposition fee.

I got some clarification: not 0 down but $273 down (first month payment) then 23 more payments. $399 disposition fee
This is the best offer I've gotten so far.

Sounds like a good deal to me. If you don't mind me asking, which dealership were you at (salesman's name would be great!) and what is the money factor you are paying?

Thanks.

jjj said:
sonnylax said:
jjj said:
New to forum
S with quick charge
24month/15k miles

I got some clarification: not 0 down but $273 down (first month payment) then 23 more payments. $399 disposition fee
This is the best offer I've gotten so far.

I posted this in the Pacific NW forum as well since it was area specific but I will post here also just for comparison

I asked for the same special another member had gotten a few months ago. I asked for the SV with quick charge port, 24 months, nothing down. Was told that payments would be $321 but the attachment I am posting here shows $341. I don't know which is accurate. Doesn't really matter now since there is no way I am paying this much for something that was a $100 a month less a few months ago. Residual for a 24 month is more like a 36 month residual. I guess Nissan doesn't have a lot of faith in their products.

We don't have sales tax on EV's in Washington

30t0tcm.jpg

livingaboard said:
Residual for a 24 month is more like a 36 month residual. I guess Nissan doesn't have a lot of faith in their products.
They are going by auction prices, I guess.

Do you know what the residual for 36 months is ? May be that is better now ...

Today we leased a Leaf SL, no premium package. My wife and I decided that we preferred Cayenne Red, and after looking through the inventory of about 30 dealerships within range here in the Bay Area, I found one at San Leandro Nissan. After a few emails I got the following deal, which I accepted:

2013 (fixed typo) Leaf SL.
Options: Splash guards, protection package, floor mats and cargo mats ($145+$235+$170)
MSRP: $36,240
Agreed upon value: $33,455

3-year lease
$1000 total up-front cost (including 1st month payment)
15,000 miles/year
$345/month + tax = $376/month

Some details:
Capitalized cost reduction: 7065
Adjusted cap cost: 26985
Residual value: 17395
Depreciation: 9590
Rent charge: 2859
Total monthly base payments: 12449
Monthly sales tax: $31

The process went very smoothly. We probably spent a total of 1 hour at the dealership, with no problems or arguments. Everything was as we agreed in the email.

Didnt you get the 7500 Government credit .. monthly payments looks a little higher as compare to 2013 which were leased just few months ago..

I dont know they have 2014 already selling...

Great car Enjoy !!!!

Edit: oops you did get the cap reduction..

are you sure it is a 2014? I just read last month that they were not available until October and the Nissan homepage doesn't even mention a 2014

Back