2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dealer gave me a decent quote ($5K off from MSRP - $37,055 to $32,050 as cap) for SL but then they added these items:
- Nitrogen Pkg: $279
- Wheel Locks: $199

Are these necessary?? Any way to take them off? They already included doc fee for $699.

Thanks!

^^^
Sounds like a huge waste of $ and extra dealer crap they threw on. Wheel locks can be had a LOT less than that. Nitrogen package??? Sheesh. I don't think there's any value in filling tires w/nitrogen rather than just regular air which is ~78% nitrogen. It certainly isn't worth $279.

atlgt said:
A dealer gave me a decent quote ($5K off from MSRP - $37,055 to $32,050 as cap) for SL but then they added these items:

Are these necessary?? Any way to take them off? They already included doc fee for $699.

Thanks!

Terrific discount. Where are you located?

Wheel locks are a simple issue, just have them take them off. And that price is pure profit for them. You can buy a set anywhere for about $30.

The nitrogen is a similar profit deal, but they really can't remove it to save money, it's already in the tires and they may have swapped the valve stems, or maybe only the screw caps. But negotiate them down to $50 or even $0.

The doc fee on my car was $80. Another ripoff.

atlgt said:

Thanks!
iF they take $5k off the MSRP, they can charge me for 2 sets of wheel locks if they want. Even with the silly doc and addons, it sounds too good to be true. Watch out for additional terms and fees, like maybe your first born.

Corina1231 said:
cepheus9 said:
This is the quote I just got today for a 3 year lease with 12,000 miles for the S model. The dealership is in San Diego, CA and I went in and got the following numbers in writing. I think it is a good deal, but want to get feedback from others. What do you all think?

MSRP: 29,965
Agreed Value: 27,980
Acquisition Fee: 595
Disposition Fee: 0*
Payment: 216
Amount Due Drive Off: 2,570 (10,070 - 7,500 Federal Rebate) I will also get the $2,500 CA rebate which will effectively make it a $70 down payment.

*The lack of a disposition fee was surprising, and when I specifically asked about it the salesperson and manager, both said this fee has been waived for the next few years and indeed it is not on the written quote I got. Anyone else heard of this fee gone missing, and could this be because the $595 acquisition fee seems to be added to the capitalized cost already?
The DEALER never charges a disposition fee, so it is never included in a dealer's quote. It is surprising how many salespeople and sales managers aren't even aware of it. It's really because they never deal with it. The finance manager is always aware of it because it appears in the fine print in the Nissan Lease Agreement. It is $395, payable to Nissan Corp. on your final bill, but waived if you buy or lease another Nissan (not Infinity) product. Most finance managers won't even bring it up because they don't want to create an issue and, after all, the customers' knowledge of the terms of a contract is always imputed if they sign it (sorry for the legal lingo, it's an occupational hazard).

So I actually went ahead and got the Leaf S today with the terms I previously quoted above. The MSRP is slightly higher than the online sites due to included floor mats and a cargo cover. This forum was a great help to someone like me that never even considered leasing a car, but spent a lot of time researching it before I went to the dealership.

I went ahead and included the first two pages of my Lease Agreement with the personal information blocked out as a reference for anyone else who may not be familiar with the leasing process, and to show exactly the deal that I got. The dealer honored their quote to me and I feel as though I got a pretty good deal as I wasn't eligible for VPP pricing or anything, especially with the $2500 CA rebate still to come.

The only sticking point indeed came with the disposition fee which I was reassured by the F&I guy and the GM multiple times that it was waived. However, when it came time to sign the documents, you can see that the actual lease agreement had it there as $395 in Box 3 . This wasn't pointed out to me but I did read the lease closely before I signed it. Apparently the explanation was that this dealership group in San Diego has not collected a disposition fee from anyone in the last 4 years, and that is because every year Nissan Finance sends the dealership the third document below which is a waiver for the disposition fee. Because this particular document ends on March 31, 2014 I got the GM to sign and date it with my VIN and other information that this fee would not be collected from me when I turned in the car (that is the information that is blacked out).
So, we'll see if that will be the case in three years. Just thought that info would be interesting.

Also, I brought in a quote from CarMax for my trade in (it was a pretty old Honda) and the dealership beat it by 10%.

---------

---------

Here is a question that maybe somebody could answer, or maybe not. I want to lease an SL for the 249 payment. However, if i wanted to roll in the 1999 down payment, ttl, and about 2000 in negative equity, how much would that effect the monthly payment? (assuming any of this is possible, new to leases)

As posted on the thread I started called "LEAF Collision Experiences" my 2012 has been totaled, so I am in the market for a replacement. A friend of mine said it may be a blessing in disguise because my lease payment was so high I was too embarrassed to admit what I have been paying. Now I am looking for a good deal on a new LEAF. Please give me your suggestions. Thanks.

N1ghtrider said:
As posted on the thread I started called "LEAF Collision Experiences" my 2012 has been totaled, so I am in the market for a replacement. A friend of mine said it may be a blessing in disguise because my lease payment was so high I was too embarrassed to admit what I have been paying. Now I am looking for a good deal on a new LEAF. Please give me your suggestions. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your LEAF and your shoulder N1ghtrider...

I have been shopping for good deals in Broward and Miami-Dade as I am looking to go all EV - I have a 2012 Prius Plugin. Out of all the dealers, 3 stand out in the way I've been treated:

1- Bill Seidle's - Talked to Gilberto Internet Mgr
2- Weston - Talked to Sheila White Salesperson
3- Coral Springs - Eddie Valenz Sales Mgr

Most other dealers gave me the runaround or did not even acknowledge the Nissan lease on Nissan's website even exists! Only Coral Springs was willing to put a number outright on my trade. The others sent me straight to Carmax for a quote.

Was waiting for end of month to get best deal, but have a hunch Coral Springs is most willing to negotiate - I've bought several cars from them in the past because their prices consistently beat the competition and was close to a deal last week when I walked out (had a meeting scheduled - I can't believe car dealers take so long to negotiate and still play the "let's wear the customer out" game!)

In your case, your price is fairly easy to negotiate on a lease deal (NMAC) with the only variable being individual dealer fees. I am a bit hesitant of doing a deal Today, as the current Nissan Lease Deals expire on August 3rd. I've been following inventory on South Florida dealers and only a handful of LEAFs have moved this month.

If there are new lease deals after August 3rd, logic points to lower residuals, but they might be offset by better money factors to boost sales - the apparent scarcity of LEAFs one reads about is not apparent in South Florida, with the exception of a scarcity of Blue LEAFs. I am leaning personally to wait for the 2014 in December.

Also, most have the QC option and the only Quick Charge station in Florida I am aware of is in Tampa, several hundred miles away.

Best of luck getting your new LEAF!

I know this does not have all the information - can try to update later but:

2013 SV with no extras
2200 down (includes first payment - hey got ripped off $1!)
199/mo for 24mos 12k miles per year

I'm not going to buy at the end of the lease so residual does not matter to me. Not sure why the other numbers are important but that probably makes me the guy the dealers love to see :) .

We now lease a Volt and a Leaf. The Volt was the transition drug :)

-Greg

New member here, but been lurking for quite a bit.

I'm in St Louis and found an advertisement for a Leaf S for $67/m 24m lease with $2500 down payment ($4108 total). But the kicker is that it includes a college grad discount. So i check it out and talked to the sales guy. Since my work has a discount arrangement with Nissan, the VPP discount can be used in place of the college grad or at least offset the removal of it. I wanted the SV trim, so I know it's going to be more. Here's what I was quoted.

$3500 trade-in
$1000 cash down
$47/m * 24months
----------------------
$5628

This is before tax, registration,and other fees.

I called up another dealership and told them about the quote. Basically he politely said it was BS and there's no way he can go below what Nissan allows dealer to sell it at. I told him thank you and called up the original dealership and told him I'm a go for it.

So if all works out today, I'll be trading in a 10 year old SUV that gets 17mpg with 166k miles on the odometer. I'll miss the beast, but I won't miss watching those $ numbers go up at the gas station. We still have a minivan for our longer trips and utility vehicle. :)

TDogg said:
New member here, but been lurking for quite a bit.

I'm in St Louis and found an advertisement for a Leaf S for $67/m 24m lease with $2500 down payment ($4108 total). But the kicker is that it includes a college grad discount. So i check it out and talked to the sales guy. Since my work has a discount arrangement with Nissan, the VPP discount can be used in place of the college grad or at least offset the removal of it. I wanted the SV trim, so I know it's going to be more. Here's what I was quoted.

$3500 trade-in
$1000 cash down
$47/m * 24months
----------------------
$5628

This is before tax, registration,and other fees.

I called up another dealership and told them about the quote. Basically he politely said it was BS and there's no way he can go below what Nissan allows dealer to sell it at. I told him thank you and called up the original dealership and told him I'm a go for it.

So if all works out today, I'll be trading in a 10 year old SUV that gets 17mpg with 166k miles on the odometer. I'll miss the beast, but I won't miss watching those $ numbers go up at the gas station. We still have a minivan for our longer trips and utility vehicle. :)

If you get this deal, you will go down as the cheapest per month payment lease that I have seen. Incredible, good luck and must post pics of the new baby once born tonight.

Ian B

One thing to consider with low payments (I have a fairly low one as well) is that if you total the car, you are out everything you paid up front, plus the insurance deductible, and don't get a replacement Leaf. Nissan's lease isn't nearly as forgiving as others...

Does Nissan's lease deal/month-end expire today (7/31) or 8/3 as I saw a post earlier?

The dealers keep saying that they have heard the resideuals and money factors will go up in August - any truth to that? (obviously, they are presurring me to go in and get a deal done TONIGHT!) - can I wait?

atlgt said:
Does Nissan's lease deal/month-end expire today (7/31) or 8/3 as I saw a post earlier?

The dealers keep saying that they have heard the resideuals and money factors will go up in August - any truth to that? (obviously, they are presurring me to go in and get a deal done TONIGHT!) - can I wait?

it's been an upward trend...

update. Got the Leaf SV with floor mats and cargo cover. Apparently I couldn't put a down payment because it goes below the capcost or something like that. They had to roll it into the payments.

$3500 trade-in
$96/m * 24 month lease including tax
------------------------
$5804 total

Did I do good?

The only picture I took of it tonight since it was late.

2013-07-31%2021.17.08b.jpg

I am in the Denver, CO area and here is the best lease offer I have so far:

2013 SV with Quick Charge

$2000 down and $219 /month (the $219 includes taxes, was $181 before taxes) for 24 months.

This seems a little high since the total over 2 years is $7256.

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
David

I am in Seattle and picked up Leaf SV today. Here are the details. I think this was good deal( This includes VPP discount).

Vehicle: Leaf SV + QC/LED + Premium Package( BOSE Speakers & Round View camera) + Floor mats and Splash Guard.

Lease period: 2 years.
Mileage/year: 15,000 ( Just wanted little extra in case we go over board and not use our other vehicle at all)
Down Payment: 370 ( title + registration fee)
Monthly Payment: 249.76( 23 payments) ( The initial offer was fro 239 for 12K miles)

Total amount: 6115.00

What do you think?

Back