2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can lease a 2013 Leaf S at Lithia Nissan Eugene, OR for $89/month with $3000 down, 24 months. We were able to get our local dealer to match this, as well as give us premium value for our trade in 09 Hyundai Veracruz. we put $1500 down, $156/month for 24 months. See deal here: http://www.lithianissaneugene.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bendleaf said:
you can lease a 2013 Leaf S at Lithia Nissan Eugene, OR for $89/month with $3000 down, 24 months. We were able to get our local dealer to match this, as well as give us premium value for our trade in 09 Hyundai Veracruz. we put $1500 down, $156/month for 24 months. See deal here: http://www.lithianissaneugene.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read the fine print.

Corina1231 said:
bendleaf said:
Read the fine print.

Normally that would be the caveat, but it seems like bendleaf's deal has almost the same cost of ownership as the one advertised by Lithia Nissan of Eugene. His total payments, exclusive of any dispo fees, are $5088. The one from Lithia is $5047.

It helps that being in Oregon, bendleaf didn't have to pay sales tax, and I believe their reg fees are very low as well. In California, those two fees alone would add perhaps $1500 to his cost of ownership.

bendleaf said:
Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

I know Bend is on Oregon, but not everyone else knows that and I might not remember it.

Corina1231 said:
The loss in the equation has already been solidified by accepting the terms of the 12k lease over a 15k lease at the time of purchase. It would have cost about $14 a month more on average for the 15k lease over the 12k. You indicate that it will cost $37 a month now. $37 minus $14 equals $23 a month. $24 months x $23 more a month = $552, the difference he will have to pay for the extra 6,000 miles he anticipates driving because he did not get the 15k lease upfront.
I was not aware of the $14/mo figure for the 15K lease. Where is that found?

RonDawg said:
Corina1231 said:
bendleaf said:
Read the fine print.

Normally that would be the caveat, but it seems like bendleaf's deal has almost the same cost of ownership as the one advertised by Lithia Nissan of Eugene. His total payments, exclusive of any dispo fees, are $5088. The one from Lithia is $5047.

It helps that being in Oregon, bendleaf didn't have to pay sales tax, and I believe their reg fees are very low as well. In California, those two fees alone would add perhaps $1500 to his cost of ownership.

I'm a bit confused. If the deal is $89/month with $3000 down, doesn't that make the total payments $5135? ($89x24, plus $2999 down). In reading the fine print, it also says acquisition fee of $595 and termination fee of $300. Do they add both those fees into the monthly lease payment or do you pay them seperately?

Klayfish said:
I'm a bit confused. If the deal is $89/month with $3000 down, doesn't that make the total payments $5135? ($89x24, plus $2999 down). In reading the fine print, it also says acquisition fee of $595 and termination fee of $300. Do they add both those fees into the monthly lease payment or do you pay them seperately?

Drive off fees usually include the first month's payment and acquisition fee. I did not include the disposition fee, and the fine print of the Lithia ad did not appear to do so either, because it quotes a figure only a dollar off from my calculations.

The point of my post was to show that the based upon bendleaf's example, the Lithia ad is not all that unrealistic. bendleaf is spending slightly more overall, but put 1/2 as much down, important with leases should the car become an insurance write-off for some reason.

Staque said:
Corina1231 said:
The loss in the equation has already been solidified by accepting the terms of the 12k lease over a 15k lease at the time of purchase. It would have cost about $14 a month more on average for the 15k lease over the 12k. You indicate that it will cost $37 a month now. $37 minus $14 equals $23 a month. $24 months x $23 more a month = $552, the difference he will have to pay for the extra 6,000 miles he anticipates driving because he did not get the 15k lease upfront.
I was not aware of the $14/mo figure for the 15K lease. Where is that found?
Staque, I have been involved in the leasing of 22 Leafs in the Bay Area this year, of which about 7 were 15k leases. $14, which includes tax, has been the average cost per month for the extra 6,000 miles on a 2 year lease.

RonDawg said:
Corina1231 said:
bendleaf said:
Read the fine print.

Ron's right. Also, they did mention a "lease end termination fee" of $300 in the ad.

RonDawg said:
Klayfish said:

Drive off fees usually include the first month's payment and acquisition fee. I did not include the disposition fee, and the fine print of the Lithia ad did not appear to do so either, because it quotes a figure only a dollar off from my calculations.

The point of my post was to show that the based upon bendleaf's example, the Lithia ad is not all that unrealistic. bendleaf is spending slightly more overall, but put 1/2 as much down, important with leases should the car become an insurance write-off for some reason.

Total payment including disposition/termination fee ($400) for the 24 month lease is $5500. When you factor in that we will save $1400/yr not having to gas up, leasing the Leaf will cost $2700 + $950 for the L2 charger at the end of two years. No emission is priceless!

RonDawg said:
Klayfish said:

Thanks Ron. Hope you didn't take that post the wrong way. Wasn't challenging your math, just wanted to get a better understanding...I'm a total newbie to the concept of leasing. The dealers ad isn't a catch. I have spoken to them and got a qoute. For me, since I live in PA and have to pay taxes, with $2999 down, I can have an SV for $159.27/month, or an S for $119.27/month. Again, that's including PA sales taxes and all other fees. Both cars come with the QC package. Would cost me about $900 to ship it here. That's still going to wind up being cheaper than leasing here on the east coast. Now to decide which one I'd want...

I got a new quote in Atlanta for a SV with LED package (MSRP $34,615) - 24 month lease:

- $319 (including taxes); 1st payment down;
- $395 Disposition
=============
Total: $8,051

Does this seem pretty good for a SV? Any feedback? They don't have the color that I really want - they have my 2nd choice - should I wait and search some more or should I go for it?

When is the true month end date for Nissan? Is it July 31st or Aug 3 (when their current program pricing ends)?

Thanks!

This is the quote I just got today for a 3 year lease of the S model. The dealership is in San Diego, CA and I went in and got the following numbers in writing. I think it is a good deal, but want to get feedback from others. What do you all think?

I didn't do anything other than walk in and ask for the special 3yr/2k down lease rate for $199 a month. That is what I got except for the taxes added to the payment. Others have talked about VPP pricing but I don't know how to get that. Also, they had two S models on the lot ready to sell.

MSRP: 29,965
Residual: 14,683 (49%)
Agreed Value: 27,980
Acquisition Fee: 595
Disposition Fee: 0*
Cap Cost - Gross: 28,575
Cap Cost - Reduction: 8,782
Cap Cost - Adjusted: 19,782
Depreciation Payment: 142
Rent Payment: 58
Tax Payment: 16
Tax on Cap Cost Reduct: 703
Payment: 216
Money Factor: 0.000168 / 4.03 (For both Buy and Sell)
Reg Fee: 258
Doc Fee: 80
Sales Tax - Doc Fee: 6
CA Tire Fee: 7
EVR Fee: 18
Amount Due Drive Off: 2,570 (10,070 - 7,500 Federal Rebate) I will also get the $2,500 CA rebate which will effectively make it a $70 down payment.

*The lack of a disposition fee was surprising, and when I specifically asked about it the salesperson and manager, both said this fee has been waived for the next few years and indeed it is not on the written quote I got. Anyone else heard of this fee gone missing, and could this be because the $595 acquisition fee seems to be added to the capitalized cost already?

cepheus9 said:
Others have talked about VPP pricing but I don't know how to get that.
Look under VPP information at http://www.insidenissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may help too.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

cepheus9 said:
This is the quote I just got today for a 3 year lease of the S model. The dealership is in San Diego, CA and I went in and got the following numbers in writing. I think it is a good deal, but want to get feedback from others. What do you all think?

Amount Due Drive Off: 2,570 (10,070 - 7,500 Federal Rebate) I will also get the $2,500 CA rebate which will effectively make it a $70 down payment.

*The lack of a disposition fee was surprising, and when I specifically asked about it the salesperson and manager, both said this fee has been waived for the next few years and indeed it is not on the written quote I got. Anyone else heard of this fee gone missing, and could this be because the $595 acquisition fee seems to be added to the capitalized cost already?
The DEALER never charges a disposition fee, so it is never included in a dealer's quote. It is surprising how many salespeople and sales managers aren't even aware of it. It's really because they never deal with it. The finance manager is always aware of it because it appears in the fine print in the Nissan Lease Agreement. It is $395, payable to Nissan Corp. on your final bill, but waived if you buy or lease another Nissan (not Infinity) product. Most finance managers won't even bring it up because they don't want to create an issue and, after all, the customers' knowledge of the terms of a contract is always imputed if they sign it (sorry for the legal lingo, it's an occupational hazard).

Hi

Tomorrow i am meeting car dealer for SV with PP and QC leasing it

250 per. Month
12k / yr
24 mth lease is it a good price or i can reduce more?
I got vpp discount also
Need help to find out if we can get better deal then this or should i take this offer ?

Thanks in advance

^^^
Where are you located? Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Do the amounts include tax, title and license? What's the drive off amount/down payment? For my location, to include those and $0 sounds to good to be true, given the recent residual and money factor changes.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Where are you located? Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Do the amounts include tax, title and license? What's the drive off amount/down payment? For my location, to include those and $0 sounds to good to be true, given the recent residual and money factor changes.

Bellevue WA

Yes thats they asked me to pay 24 payments of 250 and 349 while returning car

^^^
Ahh... you guys luck out because IIRC, there's no sales tax on EVs in WA.

Please update your location. You don't need to be specific when updating (e.g. Western WA, Puget Sound area, Seattle area, etc. is probably good enough).

Corina1231 said:
cepheus9 said:

The DEALER never charges a disposition fee, so it is never included in a dealer's quote. It is surprising how many salespeople and sales managers aren't even aware of it. It's really because they never deal with it. The finance manager is always aware of it because it appears in the fine print in the Nissan Lease Agreement. It is $395, payable to Nissan Corp. on your final bill, but waived if you buy or lease another Nissan (not Infinity) product. Most finance managers won't even bring it up because they don't want to create an issue and, after all, the customers' knowledge of the terms of a contract is always imputed if they sign it (sorry for the legal lingo, it's an occupational hazard).

Thanks for the disposition fee information. Even without VPP pricing it still seems like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts on the overall pricing?

Back