2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legolas said:
freshleaf said:
Legolas said:
Hi
Thanks to this forum and this thread I got a good idea on the lease terms to expect. With help from IdleGoblin I was able to closely match his deal w/o a lot of haggling.

Yesterday I picked up a Leaf SV + QC/LED Pkg + Floormats for $2K down and $175/mnt. Standard 2yr/12K miles lease terms, and $395 disposition fees.

Now to get my HOV stickers! BTW, can I drive my new Leaf in HOV lane w/o the stickers?

Legolas,

Thats a Great Deal $175/mnt.
Is your 2K down includes first payment and other Tax,Reg, fees too or that was extra..Is $395 dp due now or at return..

Yes, $2K down includes tax/Reg/1st month lease/etc. The $395 is due at return. The finance officer didn't even bring-it up but was in the docs. I knew it exists going in so nothing unexpected.

Congratulations! Your patience and perseverance paid off and you got the good deal you deserve!

I just signed a lease deal in Orlando (no down payment). I think I got a really good deal. It appears the MF was 0.00145 (I thought the lowest available was 0.00168).
This was an S model with the charger option, mats & mudguards, 2-year, 15k mile/year lease.
Gross Cap Cost $28,250
Adjusted Cap Cost $22,003
Residual $18,133.70
Depreciation $3869
Rent $1,396.78
Total Payments $5608.56 (w/ 6.5% tax)
They mistakenly computed 6.5% tax on lease when it is actually 6% (based on county I live in versus location of dealership). That's only an overcharge of $26.33 on my payments and $37.50 on the $7500 rebate. Is there some way to get this credited back that anyone knows of?

I checked the monthly gas cost based on today's premium (required) gas price $246.71 (19 mpg). While my home electrical cost for the leaf is $29.61. So moving from a 17 year old car that is barely running to a new leaf cost less than $20/month. Throw my current maintenance costs and I'm making money every month by driving a new car. I've never done a lease before but the numbers were irresistible.

torabb said:
I just signed a lease deal in Orlando (no down payment). I think I got a really good deal. It appears the MF was 0.00145 (I thought the lowest available was 0.00168).
This was an S model with the charger option, mats & mudguards, 2-year, 15k mile/year lease.
Gross Cap Cost $28,250
Residual $18,133.70
Depreciation $3869
Rent $1,396.78
They mistakenly computed 6.5% tax on lease when it is actually 6% (based on county I live in versus location of dealership). That's only an overcharge of $26.33 on my payments and $37.50 on the $7500 rebate. Is there some way to get this credited back that anyone knows of?

I checked the monthly gas cost based on today's premium (required) gas price $246.71 (19 mpg). While my home electrical cost for the leaf is $29.61. So moving from a 17 year old car that is barely running to a new leaf cost less than $20/month. Throw my current maintenance costs and I'm making money every month by driving a new car. I've never done a lease before but the numbers were irresistible.

error calculations on the tax rates are fairly common and you will most likely get a check when you pick up your plates. they HAVE to return it in WA and guessing that law is not much different in your state. FYI; when I was in the car business, if we underestimated the tax, we would call the buyer advising they had some short amount of time to bring in a check for the balance. if we overestimated the tax, the buyer only found out when they picked up the plates (which was typically 3-5 weeks later)

Thanks to all contributors on this forum. I was able to lease S+QC for ~186/month (Zero down, VPP discount). Includes all taxes and fees. The lease was done in Last week of April.

Two year cost 4278 (186 x 23) + 395 (Disposition Fee)

Selling Price ~27615 ( S+QC+Splash Guard+Mats)
Residual ~19351
Money Factor .00168
CA Tax rate 9%

Dealer information:
Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City
Melina Hristova
Internet Sales Manager
[email protected]
650-745-5226

I would really like to find a 2 year lease in sarasota florida for less than 6000 total cost. Dealer here doesn't want to even come close for a SV with charger/led option. :roll:

Lowrideramf said:
I would really like to find a 2 year lease in sarasota florida for less than 6000 total cost. Dealer here doesn't want to even come close for a SV with charger/led option. :roll:
See if you can lease from other states - if the savings would cover the shipping costs.

Got my LEAF today, I saw the Finance guy add $250 for Security +, its under Item 11 (Mechanical Breakdown Protection).
good for 24 months or 40k Miles. Does anyone know what this exactly is , I thought Nissan was offering its LEAF customer
free Towing if its breakdown or ran out of Battery Juice...

bayleaf said:
Thanks to all contributors on this forum. I was able to lease S+QC for ~186/month (Zero down, VPP discount). Includes all taxes and fees. The lease was done in Last week of April.

Two year cost 4278 (186 x 23) + 395 (Disposition Fee)

Selling Price ~27615 ( S+QC+Splash Guard+Mats)
Residual ~19351
Money Factor .00168
CA Tax rate 9%

Dealer information:
Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City
Melina Hristova
Internet Sales Manager
[email protected]
650-745-5226

Congrats Bayleaf. That is an awesome deal. Wish I qualified for VPP :) ~$1750 savings wrt what I got (SV+QC)

BTW, what type of insurance quotes are being offered for the Leaf? I got a $100/mnt. Which is quite steep. I added it for now, and I need to look at alternatives.

#1 Upsell In The Auto Industry AKA Garbage. I Would Not Pay A Penny For It
freshleaf said:
Got my LEAF today, I saw the Finance guy add $250 for Security +, its under Item 11 (Mechanical Breakdown Protection).
good for 24 months or 40k Miles. Does anyone know what this exactly is , I thought Nissan was offering its LEAF customer

freshleaf said:
it's called ripping you off! if you've already signed you're screwed if you haven't tell them to remove it or walk away from the deal. I can almost guarantee they will remove it rather than see you walk

apvbguy said:
freshleaf said:
it's called ripping you off! if you've already signed you're screwed if you haven't tell them to remove it or walk away from the deal. I can almost guarantee they will remove it rather than see you walk

Depending on your state's laws, you may have a period in which you can ask for a refund of these extra warranties.

I already signed it. But what this warranty gives me..?
They hide it under the prices and I thought I was getting it Free...

apvbguy said:
freshleaf said:
Sounds like you knew you were getting this as "part of the deal". The dealer just didn't tell you it would be itemized separately on the lease agreement. Since you got what you bargained for the dealer is probably on solid legal ground to enforce it.

This is just more of the same car dealer crap we have to deal with. The dealer is basically "feeding" the finance manager up front so he or she doesn't have to try to sell it to you in the finance office and possibly (probably) fail. This is how a finance manager makes money. They sell you products and services that cost them about 50 percent of what they sell them to you for and they pocket the difference.

That said, if the $250 is worth fighting for, it never hurts to take a shot on getting it back. Customer satisfaction is important to dealers. They can only say no. What they might do is try to offer you something they they say is worth $250 to compensate since they don't want to undo the original lease deal.

If the dealer won't budge, I recommend you do what RonDawg suggested and do an "end run". I would call Nissan Corp and get in touch with their leasing department. Then tell leasing that you bought that by mistake and want to cancel it and get a refund. Hey, if the dealer is treating it as a separate cost on the lease agreement so can you, and you have a right to cancel it.

I know it's a hassle but you really need to read every line of a contract that has a cost associated to it before signing it. You would have caught it and threatened to walk and likely could have got them to ax it.

torabb said:
Gross Cap Cost $28,250
Residual $18,133.70
Depreciation $3869
Rent $1,396.78

What dealer in Orlando did you use?

This is the reason I tell everyone to bargain first on price & fees and then make sure you get the best money factor. If you try to bargain on a particular monthly price, you never know what they are charging you.

Steve7042 said:
torabb said:
Gross Cap Cost $28,250
Residual $18,133.70
Depreciation $3869
Rent $1,396.78

What dealer in Orlando did you use?

I talked to over 10 different dealers but I purchased from Reed Nissan. They certainly did what no one else in Central Florida would do. My salesman was Levert Livingstone

How much of a down payment? Think I'll call that dealership up! I live in Sarasota Fl and its impossible to get a discount here! Thank you

freshleaf said:
I already signed it. But what this warranty gives me..?
They hide it under the prices and I thought I was getting it Free...

its gives you nothing. what you got is a security device, an ignition disabler (the LEAF does not have an ignition)

its a very common upsell and they will tell you that it cannot be removed (a lie) and you have to pay for it (another lie)

the only real benefit of these is the ability to disturb your neighbors. just about everyone I know that has one regularly sets off the alarm unintentionally

Back