2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
State :CA (S.F. Bay)
Sales tax % :9.5
Term:36months
Leaf Trim, options :S with QC
MSRP :31,230
Invoice : 29,456
Negotiated Price :27,956
Taxes, Title, Registration :
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) :
Money Factor :0.00003
Downpayment :1900
Monthly payment :208.51 + 19.81 taxes
Residual: 12528
Purchase Fee:300

A couple of things I didn't realize till late in the game.

While the $7500 fed credit is bundled into the lease, the $2500 CA is an actual check that you get from the state. But you only get it if you go for the 3 year lease, so I can't really think of a reason to get the 2 year lease since the state is essentially is giving you the third year for free.

The DMV fees are included as part of the lease.

I declined the $500+ maintenance package.

There are gazillion fees as part of the lease. At the end of the day I cared about the following numbers:
Down payment:
Monthly Payment:
Residual:
Purchase Fee:

Basically, money out of pocket and what it would cost me to purchase the leaf at the end of the lease.

Tons of info in this forum was very helpful.

Now need to research chargers :).

Well, you guys are correct. It turns out that my drive off would be $1400. So that is $1400 + (189+tax per month). Is this still a good deal?

Also, dealer is pushing me for 3 year lease which works out to be $209+tax + 1400 drive off. I think there is some room for negotiation here. Do buyers in California get the $2500 credit ? I read in some forums that CA is out of money to fund this.

~PB

Well, you guys are correct. It turns out that my drive off would be $1400. So that is $1400 + (189+tax per month). Is this still a good deal?

Also, dealer is pushing me for 3 year lease which works out to be $209+tax + 1400 drive off. I think there is some room for negotiation here. Do buyers in California get the $2500 credit ? I read in some forums that CA is out of money to fund this.

As of just a few moments ago, there is $15M left in the CVRP program. When it has run out in the past, it has been replenished.

http://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks. One last question. What would be my costs to dealer at return? I am reading in forums that some people had to pay $1500 at the end of lease for minor scratches and spills inside the car.

~PB

pbleaf said:
What would be my costs to dealer at return? I am reading in forums that some people had to pay $1500 at the end of lease for minor scratches and spills inside the car.

If you lease through NMAC, they have published specific guidelines on what they consider "normal wear and tear:"

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/EndOfLease/Wear_and_Use_Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plus if you go over mileage, the typical penalty is 15 cents per extra mile, but make sure you review your contract.

Otherwise, the disposition fee is typically $395 at lease end. Some dealers will absorb that cost if you lease or buy another vehicle from them at the same time.

Hey all...I posted about the pretty solid deal I got on my '13 SV here.

Strangely enough, the deal just got better. In the mail today, along with my license plates, I got a check from the dealer for $124. This is basically the difference between their standard licensing fee ($240), and what it actually cost to register the vehicle. I accepted the $240 as a convenience for having the (out-of-state) dealer mess with getting my plates. But I sure won't complain about getting half of that back!

That just about pays for the floor/cargo mats I had to buy out-of-pocket.

--G

pbleaf said:
Thanks. One last question. What would be my costs to dealer at return? I am reading in forums that some people had to pay $1500 at the end of lease for minor scratches and spills inside the car.

~PB
The book might still be open on this but I just came in for meet and greet and a once over for my LEAF and ended doing the deal right then and there. My car was not cleaned out at all and so far, have heard nothing back and that was dec 20th. I have six year old and there was wrappers, crumbs, etc lying al over the car. A few stains which could be cleaned (already had cleaned sevearl in 3 years!) So I think u ok. Remember if you lease another vehicle, they give you extra consideration for that

Guys, final deal that I got $226+tax, true zero drive off, for 3 yrs lease, S trim with quick charger.Hope it's good and I can go ahead.

PB

I have wondered about the return fees as well. If the dealer takes the leased vehicle- say an 2011 Leaf with original tires already worn out at only 26K miles and a few scratches in the sub-par quality paint, etc.- as trade on a new leased vehicle, does this still constitute a lease return and in effect fall under the same guidelines? Wouldn't want to do a trade and still have charges for wear and tear come back to me later.

pbleaf said:
Guys, final deal that I got $226+tax, true zero drive off, for 3 yrs lease, S trim with quick charger.Hope it's good and I can go ahead.

PB

PBLeaf - This is better then what I am getting. I am also in CA (SF Bay Area). I am getting a quote of 200+tax for 35 months with drive-off cost of $1350/- + Disposition of $350/- from most dealers. Is your quote from the Bay Area? Thanks.

smd said:
pbleaf said:

PB

PBLeaf - This is better then what I am getting. I am also in CA (SF Bay Area). I am getting a quote of 200+tax for 35 months with drive-off cost of $1350/- + Disposition of $350/- from most dealers. Is your quote from the Bay Area? Thanks.

ya beats my price too. I got 15,000 miles with floor mats, quick charge and mud flaps for $245.75 and that is with employee discount vpp and $1000 loyalty

DaveinOlyWA said:
smd said:
pbleaf said:

PB

ya beats my price too. I got 15,000 miles with floor mats, quick charge and mud flaps for $245.75 and that is with employee discount vpp and $1000 loyalty

How do you get $1000 loyalty. I own a 2010 Nissan Altima. When I tell the dealer they don't seem to care.

smd said:
How do you get $1000 loyalty. I own a 2010 Nissan Altima. When I tell the dealer they don't seem to care.

i turned in a 2011 LEAF. loyalty cash good for any Nissan product. dont know if any Nissan qualifies for it though

I am happy to say my wife and I are now Leaf owners. We've been researching and price shopping since November and finally pulled the trigger today. Here's the details:

2013 Cayenne red SV with LED/Quickcharge.
3 year, 15k mile lease

State : California
Sales tax % : 7.5%
Leaf Trim, options : SV w/LED, QC & floormats
MSRP : 34,470
Negotiated Price : $30,288
Money Factor : .00014 (I think)
Downpayment : $1,300
Monthly payment : $262.38 + $19.68 taxes = $282.06

The $2500 state rebate is 'worth' almost $70 a month, so my effective monthly payment is $212 per month.

I need to thank you all for posting your lease deals, it gave me a range of prices I could expect before even beginning negotiation. I had quotes from six different dealerships and all of them had padded their prices in one way or another. All of my quotes were over $325 per month, with some of them in the mid-$400 per month range. I think it's key to stick with negotiating on the price of the car, and know how much the car will cost per month for a given price.

Note: Nissan reduced the rebate on the SV and SL models from $7,675 to $7,500. Not sure about the S model.

So happy to finally be in a Leaf!

asimba2 said:
I am happy to say my wife and I are now Leaf owners. We've been researching and price shopping since November and finally pulled the trigger today. Here's the details:

2013 Cayenne red SV with LED/Quickcharge.
3 year, 15k mile lease

State : California
Sales tax % : 7.5%
Leaf Trim, options : SV w/LED, QC & floormats
MSRP : 34,470
Negotiated Price : $30,288
Money Factor : .00014 (I think)
Downpayment : $1,300
Monthly payment : $262.38 + $19.68 taxes = $282.06

The $2500 state rebate is 'worth' almost $70 a month, so my effective monthly payment is $212 per month.

I need to thank you all for posting your lease deals, it gave me a range of prices I could expect before even beginning negotiation. I had quotes from six different dealerships and all of them had padded their prices in one way or another. All of my quotes were over $325 per month, with some of them in the mid-$400 per month range. I think it's key to stick with negotiating on the price of the car, and know how much the car will cost per month for a given price.

Note: Nissan reduced the rebate on the SV and SL models from $7,675 to $7,500. Not sure about the S model.

So happy to finally be in a Leaf!

shocked at your negotiated price. you got a great deal! that is what I was kinda looking at but got no where near that low. my rebate was 9150 on an S with QC

**edit** oh wait. it was $8150 with $1000 loyalty

DaveinOlyWA said:
shocked at your negotiated price. you got a great deal! that is what I was kinda looking at but got no where near that low. my rebate was 9150 on an S with QC

**edit** oh wait. it was $8150 with $1000 loyalty

Getting down in the mid to low-$31,000 range took a bit of negotiation, but it was that last $800 that took a combination of a lot of work and a mistake along the way by the finance people. I had the dealership down to $30,886 via email communication, and that was using a price match from another low offer I had. The other offer was for slightly less, but this sales guy told us "honestly, I would buy from the other guy, because I just can't go lower." He was ready to go separate ways at that point. This guy was the first straight-shooter I had dealt with, and he had the car in the color I wanted right in front of me, while the better offer was 100 miles away and not necessarily the color I wanted. I decided as one last negotiation point to get him to throw in the floormats since the competing car already had those in the price, and he wasn't even able to do that--he came back saying he could split the price of the floormats with me and reduce the price another $100 ($30,786) and said it was his bottom line. That was good enough for me, the gas alone driving to the other dealership would have cost more.

I asked for quotes for both 2 year and 3 year leases to compare. The 3 year lease came in with a very low monthly rate. I wasn't sure if residuals had changed, if Nissan was kicking in extra cash for 3 year leases, but I did know the 3 year payment was lower than what I believed it should have been. Two hours later we are signing papers and they realized their mistake, having used the residual value from the 2 year lease in the 3 year quote. When they informed me the monthly payment would be $80 a month higher, I told the finance guy that was unacceptable and the deal was over. (Our sales guy actually told me he would have walked out the door at that point, and I appreciated his sympathetic attitude.) In the end, they knew they screwed up and had an unhappy customer, so I negotiated another $500 off the price and got them to throw in the $170 floor mats. In the end, $670 lower than the price I had negotiated in the first place.

Then the finance department realized they had no lease forms, so they loaned me my car for the day, then the finance guy and the sales guy drove to MY house late that night to sign the final paperwork. The deal was not smooth at all, they made a bunch of mistakes. Again, the fact that my sales guy showed some sympathy really helped. The finance guy that made the mistake in the first place, was an a$$.

I am curious to see if the dealers can budge more once the 2014s show up. I finally pulled the trigger because I've seen deals go away. One dealer had 13% off MSRP, which has now been reduced to 11% off MSRP. The rebates on SV and SLs just dropped from $7,675 to $7,500. On the other hand, there seem to be quite a few 2013 Leafs on the lot, so if Nissan does not adjust the residual values even lower when they start selling 2014s, then maybe there's a shot at an even better deal on the remaining 2013s.

Am reading in forums that the maintenance cost over 2-3 years on Leaf is almost zero. However, from Nissan service recommendation, 1 year service includes air filter, brake fluid etc. and this alone cost upwards of $149 in bay area. Wondering if we need to follow the recommendation here (based on your experience) for a leased vehicle. I need to decide if I should go with Nissan pre-paid maintenance package for 3 yr lease ($520) or not and your reply will be very helpful.

Thanks,
PB

caffeinekid said:
I have wondered about the return fees as well. If the dealer takes the leased vehicle- say an 2011 Leaf with original tires already worn out at only 26K miles and a few scratches in the sub-par quality paint, etc.- as trade on a new leased vehicle, does this still constitute a lease return and in effect fall under the same guidelines? Wouldn't want to do a trade and still have charges for wear and tear come back to me later.

It would depend on how the dealer is handling it. If the dealer is handling it as a pure lease return, and has no intention of buying the car from NMAC for the stated residual, then yes any wear and tear considered excessive by NMAC standards would be charged. But, if you buy/lease another car from that same dealer on the same day, they might absorb those costs for you.

But if the car has a lot of excess miles, and/or has abnormal wear/tear, the dealership might purchase the car from NMAC instead. This is particularly true if the car is being traded at other than an authorized Nissan dealer.

BTW with NMAC leases, you are supposed to arrange for a pre-return inspection some time before the actual due date. The inspector will tell you what if anything needs correcting on the car, so you won't be hit with a surprise at the dealership.

Back