2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NissanLeafAZ said:
How are these terms I was offered in Arizona today?

Leaf SV
24 months
12,000 miles/year
$347/month
Zero down

I asked if I could get a longer lease term for a lower monthly payment and the dealer said a 36 month lease would actually be more expensive because of the residual. He said residuals for an SV at 12,000 miles were 60% for 24 months and 49% for 36 months.

Money factor on SV was .00156 (Tier 1) or .00201 (Tier 2).

AZ --

Is that the Base SV or does it come with one or more options/packages?

Total Lease Cost looks to be $8,723.00 ($347.00 X 24 = $8,328.00 + $395.00 Disposition Fee). That would be "off the charts" even for us Mid-Atlantic folks. I'd think you could do MUCH better, especially being in a Western state.

LeafLeafLeaf said:
Base SV's halogen lamps are very, very dim at night. I would highly recommend getting LED headlights, if it's $1000 payment difference.
Working hard on a SV w/ Premium Package lease here in the suburban Washington, D.C. area and seeing LeafX3's comment above raises concerns.

Test drove an SV with the LED/QC Package at my local dealership back in March (as they didn't have anything with Premium). Thought the LED's did a fine job (it was dusk at the time) and figured the halogens would be a step down, but not by that much. Really want the AV Monitor and haven't seriously considered the LED/QC Package as I don't expect to see any DC Fast Chargers installed anytime soon in my immediate area (about 75 miles west of the DC Beltway). However, it can get awfully dark out here in the mountains of West Virginny, so dim headlights would be a major concern.

Any base SV drivers out there care to comment on the subject? I've got quotes from a suburban Maryland dealer for a SV with Premium Only as well as a SV with BOTH Packages. Should I try to fit the extra $$$ into my budget and go for the whole enchilada?

Closed my deal. $231 (they got me for an extra $24) for sv with quick charge/led didn't do as well as Ron's deal but with a $2500 rebate still in play I'm happy and more importantly, my wife is happy she has another new car. Will post more info when I get out of class tonight.

Thanks again for the encouragement and excellent info.

Corina1231 said:
Jmalojhu said:
2013 SL:
$1000 trade in
24 month/12000/yr lease
2000 up front
250/month
Tier 1 money factor
Tax 6.1%
Arizona

Thoughts?
$9000 over 2 years is too much to pay for a base SL. If you read several pages back I assisted a forum member in leasing an SL with premium package for $8300 (down plus total of payments, all tax and fees included, the standard $395 Dispo fee at end of contract). He ended up paying $8500 after switching colors (causing a dealer trade) and registering it in a county with 9% tax. He had previously been quoted $9300 by two other dealers.

I know that the deals I can get here in NorCal are the best in the country, but you can see that your dealer is making out like a bandit. May I recommend that you do the deal with $1000 cash instead of $2000 if you can so you pay $8000 total. We have had several people here get the SL without the premium package in the $7400 range (note several pages back I helped someone get $1000 down, $270 a month equaling $7400) so $8000 plus the $395 Dispo ($600 more) in AZ seems more in line with market price there. Best of Luck!

Thanks for the advice, Ron. I had verbally agreed to those totals amidst a scramble but have not signed any paperwork. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Jmalojhu said:
Corina1231 said:
Jmalojhu said:
2013 SL:
$1000 trade in
24 month/12000/yr lease
2000 up front
250/month
Tier 1 money factor
Tax 6.1%
Arizona

Thoughts?
$9000 over 2 years is too much to pay for a base SL. If you read several pages back I assisted a forum member in leasing an SL with premium package for $8300 (down plus total of payments, all tax and fees included, the standard $395 Dispo fee at end of contract). He ended up paying $8500 after switching colors (causing a dealer trade) and registering it in a county with 9% tax. He had previously been quoted $9300 by two other dealers.

I know that the deals I can get here in NorCal are the best in the country, but you can see that your dealer is making out like a bandit. May I recommend that you do the deal with $1000 cash instead of $2000 if you can so you pay $8000 total. We have had several people here get the SL without the premium package in the $7400 range (note several pages back I helped someone get $1000 down, $270 a month equaling $7400) so $8000 plus the $395 Dispo ($600 more) in AZ seems more in line with market price there. Best of Luck!

Thanks for the advice, Ron. I had verbally agreed to those totals amidst a scramble but have not signed any paperwork. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Looking better. Close to a close, hopefully. Still $2000 up front with same trade; monthly payment 203.24.

[/quote]

I know that the deals I can get here in NorCal are the best in the country, but you can see that your dealer is making out like a bandit. May I recommend that you do the deal with $1000 cash instead of $2000 if you can so you pay $8000 total. We have had several people here get the SL without the premium package in the $7400 range (note several pages back I helped someone get $1000 down, $270 a month equaling $7400) so $8000 plus the $395 Dispo ($600 more) in AZ seems more in line with market price there. Best of Luck![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, Ron. I had verbally agreed to those totals amidst a scramble but have not signed any paperwork. I'll let you know how it turns out.[/quote]

Looking better. Close to a close, hopefully. Still $2000 up front with same trade; monthly payment 203.24.[/quote]

Done with the above number for a total of 6674.52 plus trade and eventual dispo fee. Thanks to Ron for the advice and to Johnny Lohrman at Thoroughbred Nissan in Tucson for making this morning go smoothly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the advice, Ron. I had verbally agreed to those totals amidst a scramble but have not signed any paperwork. I'll let you know how it turns out.[/quote]

Looking better. Close to a close, hopefully. Still $2000 up front with same trade; monthly payment 203.24.[/quote]

Done with the above number for a total of 6674.52 plus trade and eventual dispo fee. Thanks to Ron for the advice and to Johnny Lohrman at Thoroughbred Nissan in Tucson for making this morning go smoothly.[/quote]

-----------------------------------------

You are so welcome. I am so happy for you! Pour the champagne! Cheers! Ron

Ok, sorry for the slow follow up. I ended up at $231 a month with $1000 down to cover first month and TTL. My total after 24 months will be $6313 plus dispo. After my $2500 rebate I will do a little better but for those in Socal or more specifically in the Riverside/ San Bernardino County area's I'm sure you could do a little better. I got mine at Riverside's Raceway Nissan and they only had four in stock while I was there but they're not very big in comparison to some of the other dealers I went to.

Now I just got to upgrade my charger to 220V and we'll be all set! :D

MSB1102 said:
Ok, sorry for the slow follow up. I ended up at $231 a month with $1000 down to cover first month and TTL. My total after 24 months will be $6313 plus dispo. After my $2500 rebate I will do a little better but for those in Socal or more specifically in the Riverside/ San Bernardino County area's I'm sure you could do a little better. I got mine at Riverside's Raceway Nissan and they only had four in stock while I was there but they're not very big in comparison to some of the other dealers I went to.

Now I just got to upgrade my charger to 220V and we'll be all set! :D
MSB, your deal is very good for SoCal. Congratulations! But, what $2500 rebate are you referring to? Your lease is for 2 yrs; in order to qualify for the $2500 state rebate you need to purchase the car outright or lease it for a minimum of three years. Are you talking about some other city rebate? Hard to believe a cash-strapped city offers a $2500 rebate on EVs leased for 2 years.

I have a dumb question. Leasing is completely new to me.

Is the tax paid up front or rolled into the total price used for the payment calculation?

I'm in the Dallas, TX area, BTW.

-Alan

Here is a quote i received for S-trim with QC, 24 month lease. I have vpp.

0 money down
23 payments of $259, including GA 6.5% tax.
$395 disposal fee.

Is this a good deal? Pls comment.

- Rey

I'm ready to purchase an SL with premium package on a 3 year lease. Was quoted $279 plus $2500 down at Nissan dealership in Petaluma, CA. Not sure if that was a 2 year or 3 year. I can go anywhere in the Bay Area to pick up the car. Any ideas where I should buy? and what I should expect as the best deal for this car in the Bay Area? Not too picky on color.

Also I think I will put 15k miles on it each year. Is it better to pay for the miles upfront? or just take 12k a year and pay extra if I in fact use more? In other words, is it cheaper if I pre-pay for the extra miles? What if I don't use them? do I loose the money I've pre-paid for them?

cjochumson said:
I'm ready to purchase an SL with premium package on a 3 year lease. Was quoted $279 plus $2500 down at Nissan dealership in Petaluma, CA. Not sure if that was a 2 year or 3 year. I can go anywhere in the Bay Area to pick up the car. Any ideas where I should buy? and what I should expect as the best deal for this car in the Bay Area? Not too picky on color.

Also I think I will put 15k miles on it each year. Is it better to pay for the miles upfront? or just take 12k a year and pay extra if I in fact use more? In other words, is it cheaper if I pre-pay for the extra miles? What if I don't use them? do I loose the money I've pre-paid for them?
Cjochumson, I will be glad to help you secure a MUCH better deal here in San Jose as I have more than a dozen other forum members in the past couple months. I am not a broker and I get nothing out of it. I love to help people get into EVs at a fair price and help the environment. I also can advise on L2 charging, PG@E savings and inexpensive solar for your home. Read some of the comments of people I have helped on this forum (the past 10 pages or so) and contact me privately through this forum if you want my help.

Cheers!

Ron

Kaduvas said:
Here is a quote i received for S-trim with QC, 24 month lease. I have vpp.

0 money down
23 payments of $259, including GA 6.5% tax.
$395 disposal fee.

Is this a good deal? Pls comment.

- Rey
Rey, the deal is very fair for GA, but it is not quite a VPP deal ($1000 under invoice). GA dealers tack on extra charges because they know you get that nice rebate from the state. It's not worth fighting over a few hundred dollars that they tacked on. I would definitely go with it. It is better than most other forum members have gotten in GA. Enjoy your rebate!

I just leased a 2013 Black SL with the premium package in the Chicago area yesterday. I read this forum for a week before contacting 12 dealers in the area for quotes via email. A couple dealers were willing to use tax credits to sweeten the deal. After a few rounds of negotiation with the dealership that had the best quote, I agreed to the following:

24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$326 down
23 monthly payments of $323
All taxes and fees rolled included into the payments.
$7758 total cost + $395 disposition fees

Almost all of the initial dealer quotes were over $11,000. Most of them told me it would be impossible to get below $8,000, which was my goal based on the information in this thread.

This thread is a great resource. Thanks to everyone who has shared the details of their deals.

I'm really excited to start this EV journey!

NaperLeaf said:
Almost all of the initial dealer quotes were over $11,000. Most of them told me it would be impossible to get below $8,000, which was my goal based on the information in this thread.

This thread is a great resource. Thanks to everyone who has shared the details of their deals.

I'm really excited to start this EV journey!
you've done well! enjoy your LEAF in good health

I am overpaying on a three-year lease on my 2012 LEAF SV base model I got in December, 2011. :cry: (Don't ask how much I am overpaying because I am too embarrassed to say. :oops: ) I am halfway through the lease and have 15,000 miles on the car. I sent the dealership (Autonation Nissan on Eighth Street in Miami) an email complaining about my situation and received this response today:

Thank you for your email and here at Nissan we are extremely happy to have a proud, loyal and dedicated customers as yourself. When the Nissan Leaf first came out since the vehicle was new, the lease program was a little bit high. I think that I can help you as I do want for you to stay with our Nissan Brand. I would need to see your vehicle and do an appraisal on it so that I can buy it back and give you a great deal on a new 2013 Nissan Leaf.

Does anyone have a suggestion :?: about what kind of deal I should ask for? Thanks.

N1ghtrider said:
I am overpaying on a three-year lease on my 2012 LEAF SV base model I got in December, 2011. :cry: (Don't ask how much I am overpaying because I am too embarrassed to say. :oops: ) I am halfway through the lease and have 15,000 miles on the car. I sent the dealership (Autonation Nissan on Eighth Street in Miami) an email complaining about my situation and received this response today:

Thank you for your email and here at Nissan we are extremely happy to have a proud, loyal and dedicated customers as yourself. When the Nissan Leaf first came out since the vehicle was new, the lease program was a little bit high. I think that I can help you as I do want for you to stay with our Nissan Brand. I would need to see your vehicle and do an appraisal on it so that I can buy it back and give you a great deal on a new 2013 Nissan Leaf.

Does anyone have a suggestion :?: about what kind of deal I should ask for? Thanks.
Roy, excuse my skepticism, but I believe they just blew you off. If I think of a solution, I'll contact you privately.

N1ghtrider said:

ah the flipside of being an early adopter. I paid more than twice what people are paying today for their lease. ya, that's right. a 100+% markup... but I was first in the state to get one. oh well, I also have a $400 DVD player...or say "had" it in my Son's room because I "upgraded" to a much better one (for $69) a while back.

Back